Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,893 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Gowon Reject Secession - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon Reject Secession (666 Views)

Yakubu Gowon: Why I Detained Soyinka During The Civil War / Buhari Receives Gowon At The State House (Pictures) / Haile Selassie Met Ironsi, Gowon & Ojukwu In April 1966: Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gowon Reject Secession by mr1759: 7:42am On Jul 25, 2017
Gen. Gowon expressed confidence that
the present generation would do all
within its power to restore glory and
dignity to the country.
He dismissed the calls for cessation by
some groups in the country as mere
agitations that cannot stand. He added
that the strength of the Nigerian nation
lies in its diversity and called on the
youth not to allow themselves to be
used as willing tools of discord.
He said, “I have such confidence in
Nigeria and I have such confidence in
the youths of this country that they will
make sure that they take over and do
better than what we left for them.
“I have no fear about all these rantings,
etcetera. I have confidence in all of you
that you will make sure that you keep
this country going and even make it
greater. Our diversity is our greatest
source of unity and strength.”

http://www.channelstv.com/2017/07/24/national-unity-i-no-fear-agitations-says-gowon/

Re: Gowon Reject Secession by adonbilivit: 7:45am On Jul 25, 2017
Re: Gowon Reject Secession by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 25, 2017
One general who will not want to lose his pension if Nigeria secede.
Re: Gowon Reject Secession by mr1759: 8:04am On Jul 25, 2017
comshots:
One general who will not want to lose his pension if Nigeria secede.

feeding bottle general

Re: Gowon Reject Secession by otosa(m): 9:24am On Jul 25, 2017
This is what this man has been saying since all this while. All the Useless States that this man created couldn't pay the salary, no infrastructure, No good road, No Electricity , No standard Airport, No Access to Seaport for Importers talk less of Exporters, No Good Education , No Good Health Care and There is no faith for upcoming generation. By God grace, before you will go this country will get back to the initial system and maybe then you will know that You have done us much harm than good.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Wike Visits Flood Ravage Area In Rivers State (pics) / The Anambra Election Boycott Will Accelerate The Birth Of Biafra / No APC Congress Held In Rivers, Fake Delegate Lists Will Not Stand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.