Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,327 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Father Gets 8-year Sentence For Breaking Three-month Son’s Leg - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father Gets 8-year Sentence For Breaking Three-month Son’s Leg (333 Views)

A Nairalnder Share Cute Pic Of Him And His Two Month Son. / Mother Who Had Accident, Broken Leg, Breastfeeding Her Baby At The Scene / Nigerian Couple Celebrate Their Triplets Three Month Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Father Gets 8-year Sentence For Breaking Three-month Son’s Leg by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 25, 2017
A 19-year old father, Kelton Ragan, was sentenced to eight years in jail for child abuse. He was convicted of breaking his 3-month-old son's leg when lifting him up.
Kelton pleaded guilty but added that the incident was not intentional. In a McCracken County courtroom, Monday, he said to the judge, "What happened was a freak accident due to recklessness.
“I never intentionally meant to do anything to my son."
Kelton's grandfather, Keith, spoke on behalf of his grandson's character. He testified that Kelton was well-behaved and never aggressive. Keith choked back tears while he spoke.
He said, "Contrary to how Kelton has been characterized, we do not believe he intentionally hurt his son on that eventful morning.
"He was reckless, and frankly, I agree with those who say stupid and lazy."
Kelton's grandmother held onto him as he and his grandfather asked for a shorter sentence.

https://coseghale..com.ng/2017/07/father-gets-8-year-sentence-for.html

(1) (Reply)

Where To Purcheas Nylon Cable Ties / Kiddies: Back To School / Sexagenarians’ Miracle Baby Gets Scholarship To Tertiary Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.