Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

How To Create An Undeletable Folder On Ur Pc - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Create An Undeletable Folder On Ur Pc (1017 Views)

How To Lock A Folder On Your Pc Without Using Any Software / How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help / How Do I Restore A Hidden Folder On My Flash Drive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Create An Undeletable Folder On Ur Pc by dani1luv: 5:00pm On Feb 07, 2010
It probably happened once, that someone deleted a folder ,which is containing a few hundred files and was very important.
If you’d like to avoid anything similar happening in future, you can protect your important folders by making them undeletable. Here is simple tip, which can help you.

1)Open cmd or simply use Window's Logo + R then type cmd

2)In cmd change to the directory that you want. .eg. C:\, E:\ etc.

3)Type md\lpt1\\ and press enter, the folder will now in your E: or C:

4)If you try to delete or rename it, it will appear error message

How to delete undeletable folder?

Just go to cmd Navigate to the directory and type in rd\lpt1\\ wink wink

I would have posted some screenshots. .but im afraid of those hackers
cheesy
Re: How To Create An Undeletable Folder On Ur Pc by dani1luv: 4:28pm On Feb 08, 2010
:d
Re: How To Create An Undeletable Folder On Ur Pc by SEGA1: 2:17pm On Feb 10, 2010
Hello.i will like to know more about this.Is that after creating that folder,i will be able to save files into it and make them undeleteable?

(1) (Reply)

Starcomms Modem Exchange Program.does It Really Worth It? / Can I Use Universal Modem On Cdma / The Generations Of Computer.. By Azubuike Joshua (joshua Jazzy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.