Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,472 members, 7,836,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

In Christ Prt4 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / In Christ Prt4 (334 Views)

Sex Scandal: Housewife Threatens To Drag Christ Embassy, Pastor To Court (pics) / In Christ Prt6 / Police Arrested Christ Embassy Pastor Over 4 Abortions Mess (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In Christ Prt4 by dBeinning(m): 1:09am On Jul 26, 2017
2Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be IN CHRIST, he is a NEW CREATURE: old things are passed away; BEHOLD, all things are become new.

To be IN CHRIST is to be born of the Spirit of Christ by (or which is) the Word of God.

1 Corinthians 12:13:

13 For by ONE SPIRIT are we all baptized into ONE BODY, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

By one Spirit (which is the Spirit of Christ) were we all baptized into one Body(which is Christ).

1 Peter 1:23:

23 Being born again, not of corruptible SEED, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

The Greek word, "Spora", was the word translated as "seed" in 1 pet 1:23, and it means literally in the Greek, "a sowing", which speak by implication, PARENTING!

It means that God sowed or planted His seed into the one that receives Christ.

It also means that the Believer is created and Parented by the Seed of the Word of God which is incorruptible, and which lives and abides forever. And this seed, which is the Word (which is Christ Jesus) continues to live in the Believer! It is now his or her new nature.

1 John 3:9:

9 Whosoever IS BORN of God doth not commit sin; for his SEED remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because HE IS BORN of God.

The Seed of God remains in the Believer. The Believer is the son of God.

The Greek word, "Sperma", was the word translated as "seed" in the above scripture (1 Jn 3:9), and it means, "something sown, i.e. seed (including the male "sperm"wink", which by implication is, Offspring!

The Believer is created or procreated by the Seed of God(the Sperm of God). The Believer is intrinsically made up of the DNA of God; everything that is in God is in the spirit of the Believer. EVERYTHING!

The words, "is born" and "he is born" in the above scripture(1 Jn 3:9), was in the original Greek text as, "gennao", which means:

To Procreate (properly, of the father)
To Conceive (by extension, of the mother)
To Regenerate (figuratively)
This further shows that the Believer in Christ was conceived and procreated by God Himself, which is Christ. He has become regenerated. A totally new kind of being that have never existed before.

So the text in 2 Cor 5:17 is absolutely correct; the man or woman in Christ is a new creature, because, if he was conceived and born of God, then really he or she is a new kind of Being, a different kind all together, and of the same class with God.

Therefor, old things are past away. Yes, old this are past and forgotten.

If a new born baby is born into the world, he or she does not have a past. So also is the born again man or woman, boy or girl, that is in Christ. He or She does not have a past; I doesn't matter if you were a drug abuser or addict, or were a prostitute or a murderer, if you are now in Christ, you have been born again, and all things have become new for you. A new life!

You can and should no longer be held by your past. The you now is a different person from before, the old you is gone forever and will never return.

Even though you catch yourself behaving in the former way of life, it is not strange, just get into the word of God and keep renewing your mind, and in no time you will start walking in victory and in newness of life over those former habits and lifestyle.

Were you blessed?

Confess This: I believe the Word of God, and if it says I am a new creature, then I am a new creature in Christ. The former things have past away, I am become new.

https://graceunpacked..com.ng/

(1) (Reply)

Where To Purcheas Nylon Cable Ties / How To Get Your Child Interested In Maths (free Video Lesson) / No1 Distributor Of Finishing Materials For Your Family Or Commercial House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.