Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

I Am Going For Civil Engineering. Any Advice? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am Going For Civil Engineering. Any Advice? (1362 Views)

Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) / Salary Increase: Labor Praises Head Of Service's Support For Civil Servants / Kogi Introduces Daily Payment For Civil Servants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Going For Civil Engineering. Any Advice? by Xcellente: 6:23am On Jul 26, 2017
Hello nairalanders, I sat for this year's JAMB exams and scored above 200. I considered going for Civil Engineering in a federal university of technology, but will like to know your views as regards to the course or probably suggest a better Engineering course (if you have any). Thanks in anticipation.
Re: I Am Going For Civil Engineering. Any Advice? by Elvisbest: 6:28am On Jul 26, 2017
Those who are so conscious of their little funds always end up wasting it for meaningless things.
If you are determined to take the giant step and increase your earning, then this is for you. It won't cost you much.

All you need is a smart phone and data to monitor your investment. Testimonies abound friends.
Visit the URL to read the terms and register

https://nigeria50.biz/?i=elvis4fame@gmail.com

For further advice, WhatsApp me on 07065908052
Re: I Am Going For Civil Engineering. Any Advice? by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 26, 2017
Its not an easy course so you need to be serious.
Re: I Am Going For Civil Engineering. Any Advice? by bolinjkezzy(m): 7:32am On Jul 26, 2017
Do you have any relations in that line? if not I will advice you to consider elect/chemical Engr
Am a 400l civil engineering stds in a Nigeria university sha
Re: I Am Going For Civil Engineering. Any Advice? by Xcellente: 9:12am On Jul 26, 2017
I definitely will, thanks for the advice.
Rorachy:
Its not an easy course so you need to be serious.
Re: I Am Going For Civil Engineering. Any Advice? by Xcellente: 9:14am On Jul 26, 2017
bolinjkezzy:
Do you have any relations in that line? if not I will advice you to consider elect/chemical Engr
Am a 400l civil engineering stds in a Nigeria university sha
''RELATIONS'' as in? Please I don't understand, shed more light please!
Lalasticlala, please help a brother!
Re: I Am Going For Civil Engineering. Any Advice? by bolinjkezzy(m): 9:31am On Jul 26, 2017
Xcellente:
''RELATIONS'' as in? Please I don't understand, shed more light please!
Lalasticlala, please help a brother!
like someone that will help me when you needed I.t placement..... You will understand better when you begin hunt for placement
Re: I Am Going For Civil Engineering. Any Advice? by Xcellente: 12:29pm On Jul 26, 2017
bolinjkezzy:

like someone that will help me when you needed I.t placement..... You will understand better when you begin hunt for placement
okay, now i understand. But is it that if i don't have any, i won't go for IT or is it that i won't be placed in a convinient place for IT? Please pardon my inquisitiveness, na you buy am give yoursef. Lol

uhun, lest i forget, did you have interest in studying the course or the school you applied for decided to admit you to study it? If the former is the case, you must have a reason, please endeavour to share. Thanks.
Re: I Am Going For Civil Engineering. Any Advice? by PDSI(m): 11:37am On May 21, 2020
LEARN AutoCAD/Orion for 10days intensively. Just for 100NAIRA per day. Equip yourself now. https:///2348108531343
REMEMBER LACK OF SKILLS CAN MAKE YOU UNEMPLOYABLE!!!
Take advantage of the pandemic and learn a new skill.
Re: I Am Going For Civil Engineering. Any Advice? by PDSI(m): 12:53am On Jul 27, 2020
Have you learnt AutoCAD yet

If no

Enroll today for a detailed, sophisticated and educative double course on the use of AUTOCAD for the production of 2D architectural drawings and CSC Orion for the Structural Analysis and Design of a building structure with detailing done to Nigerian standard.
For a token of #1500 naira only for both.
While #1000naira for each
Contact 08108531343 on WhatsApp for more details.
Re: I Am Going For Civil Engineering. Any Advice? by HELLASJ(m): 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2020
Civil engineering is just like other course, all you need is determination. No course is simple. but I'd like to ask you some questions
1. Are good at calculation(e.g Calculus & Integration)?
2. Do you have interest in the course or you were told to choose civil engineering?

if your answer to the first question is "YES" and you have interest in the course then you're good to go.

PS: civil engineering is nice course but while studying the course endeavor to learn softwares like AutoCAD, Orio(structural design)

digital skill matters in the building industry of today

ciao

(1) (Reply)

Career Buildingin Baking, Catering Indoor/out Door At The Most Affordable Price / Fintrak Software Wants Me To Sign 4 Years Bond, Is There Anyone Experience ? / Learn How I Made 500k Monthly And Quit My Job As A Banker.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.