Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,953 members, 7,952,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:03 AM

135 Guilty Without Trial! What A Wonderful Joke? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 135 Guilty Without Trial! What A Wonderful Joke? (1367 Views)

Saraki's CCT Trial: What Nigerians Are Saying Will Shock You / Excess Crude Account: Okonjo-iweala’s Conviction Without Trial / Two Nigerians Locked A Hole By Benin Authorities For 9 Years Without Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

135 Guilty Without Trial! What A Wonderful Joke? by chidichris(m): 9:59am On Feb 08, 2007
how come the list is 135? at least i will be more comfortable with the list if it is 136. most of us here expects the name of a guber candidate whose case is established and comfirmed in the usa.
are we saying the act of smuggling us$170,000.00 via the presidential jet into the usa is a just act?
please can someone tell efcc to add a name to the list before i take unlawful action.
by the way, elections are less than three(3) months away, how will inec handle this situation with most of the candidates standing to be disqualified or are we about to witness aso rock in a perfect hand picking of unknown saints to pilot the affairs of the nation- an obj led democracy is entering another level.
Re: 135 Guilty Without Trial! What A Wonderful Joke? by dblock(m): 10:39am On Feb 08, 2007
It's good news
Re: 135 Guilty Without Trial! What A Wonderful Joke? by mazaje(m): 11:34am On Feb 08, 2007
OBJ is a mad dog
Re: 135 Guilty Without Trial! What A Wonderful Joke? by donnymikky(m): 11:46am On Feb 08, 2007
This is a good developement atleast for EFCC to have come out with the list shows we are moving somewhere as a Nation. Let us wait and see what follows next.
Re: 135 Guilty Without Trial! What A Wonderful Joke? by mazaje(m): 12:26pm On Feb 08, 2007
this is madness EFCC has just published the list of OBJ's sacrificial lambs and the list of OBJ's arch enemies. this list has little or nothing to do with fighting corruption in nigeria. i will say it over and over again OBJ has no right to fight corruption reason being that he is more corrupt that all the people he is accusing of corruption
Re: 135 Guilty Without Trial! What A Wonderful Joke? by mowapa(m): 3:54pm On Feb 08, 2007
I use to have the wait and see mentality, until I realized OBJ has nothing to offer. It's only in Nigeria or maybe Africa that you are guilty until proven innocent. EFCC has finally succeeded in proving its an appendage of the presidency. RIBADU has lost my vote.
Re: 135 Guilty Without Trial! What A Wonderful Joke? by Mamajama(m): 4:07pm On Feb 08, 2007
What difference does it makes if it is 135 or 135? this is appalling all this people that we elect are criminals. a thief is a thief either you stole 1 Naira or 1 million. Imagine how much all this crooks combine stole from Nigeria?
Re: 135 Guilty Without Trial! What A Wonderful Joke? by BigB11(m): 5:01pm On Feb 08, 2007
why now?

It is only reasonable to allow people to defend themselves when they are being accused of anything, but how can these 135 names prove themselves as being innocent when the election is around the corner?
Are they going to have enough time?

Was this list released at this time intentional to prevent OBJ's enemies from contesting?

What is the main purpose of this list? Is it honestly for the benefit of Nigeria as a nation or for the accomplishment of OBJ's personal agenda?

Is this a complete list or just a hand written names by OBJ?

In a democracy world; personally, I truly believe that list like this should have been released a year or two ago. This will give listed individual time and opportunity to come out and defend self and still have enough time to contest if not proven guilty of any charges.
Re: 135 Guilty Without Trial! What A Wonderful Joke? by Afam(m): 5:15pm On Feb 08, 2007
Big B1:

why now?

It is only reasonable to allow people to defend themselves when they are being accused of anything, but how can these 135 names prove themselves as being innocent when the election is around the corner?
Are they going to have enough time?

Was this list released at this time intentional to prevent OBJ's enemies from contesting?

What is the main purpose of this list? Is it honestly for the benefit of Nigeria as a nation or for the accomplishment of OBJ's personal agenda?

Is this a complete list or just a hand written names by OBJ?

In a democracy world; personally, I truly believe that list like this should have been released a year or two ago. This will give listed individual time and opportunity to come out and defend self and still have enough time to contest if not proven guilty of any charges.

@BigB1,

Interesting comments from you.

But it is on record that IBB disqualified a lot of politicians especially presidential aspirants just moments before general elections in one of the delayed transition programmes of the IBB government.

Again I ask you, why do you see the actions of OBJ as wrong while those of IBB are always excused by you?
Re: 135 Guilty Without Trial! What A Wonderful Joke? by BigB11(m): 5:16pm On Feb 08, 2007
Message from United States for OBJ:

Stop Bickering, U.S. Tells Obasanjo, Atiku

Washington is thoroughly fed up with the bickering in Aso Rock, which it sees as "an unnecessary distraction in the face of serious problems facing the Nigeria."

The White House has told President Olusegun Obasanjo to mend fences with his Deputy, Atiku Abubakar, so the country can focus on the elections.

The latest American involvement came via a letter by the State Department, whose officials said it became necessary due to reports by intelligence agencies that the quarrel affects governance and preparations for the polls.

"With just a few months to a truly vital election that could well determine the fate of the sub-region and possibly continent, the administration feels now is not the time for a divided Presidency" an American official stated.

Washington had earlier delivered to Aso Rock a letter of "concern" by Under Secretary of State for Africa Affairs, Jendayi Frazier.

The decision to send such a high level diplomat is to "impress on the Nigerian authorities how important it is to get it right and to allow the opposition opportunities to contest freely in the elections.

"Robust opposition is the hallmark of a vibrant democracy and we are not encouraged by reports emerging from Nigeria," administration sources said.

The White House had left a more direct interest in the elections to State Department and intelligence officials, who issued periodic assessments.

That was until Atiku visited the United States, where he briefed government officials and the influential Council on Foreign Relations, most of whose members have close ties with the White House.

"Members of the council advised President George Bush to demand some answers from the Nigerian leader in view of the allegations made by his deputy," the officials said.
Re: 135 Guilty Without Trial! What A Wonderful Joke? by BigB11(m): 5:32pm On Feb 08, 2007
@AFAM:

Why do you keep getting things wrong.
I've never called IBB a saint; infact one of my common statements regarding IBB is "give him a chance to redeem himself"

REDEEM: is also to save from a state of sinfulness and restore the honor, worth, or reputation.

People usually don't use this term unless they know for a fact that something wrong was done in the past.

Trust me, my man, I stand by my belief like a man. There is absolutely no reason for me to flipflop, it's not my style.

At this point in time in Nigeria, I still believe that we have a better chance with IBB as the next president.
He's the only one that is sincerely desperate to make things right and can not afford to fail this time around.
Re: 135 Guilty Without Trial! What A Wonderful Joke? by otokx(m): 5:33pm On Feb 08, 2007
some names are conspiciously absent
Re: 135 Guilty Without Trial! What A Wonderful Joke? by Afam(m): 5:49pm On Feb 08, 2007
@BigB1,

Can you state just 2 things IBB may have done wrong that he needs to redeem himself from?

Personally, asking for another possible 8 years to make amends is asking for too much, Nigeria does not have such time for second chances.
Re: 135 Guilty Without Trial! What A Wonderful Joke? by lewa(m): 6:05pm On Feb 08, 2007
In as much as i welcomed the establishment of EFCC, i think they are ending up as a tool in the hands of OBJ!OBJ'S daughter, the senatorial aspirant was indicted in the All African Games racket yetwhere's her name?Her opponent in the Senatorial elections Lanre Tejuosho, non-partisan till now is on the list!Someone who never had a government job!Nuhu is messing up!Where's equity?Where's fairplay?Where's justice? I am perplexed!Seems as if we are still a long way to where we are going!
Re: 135 Guilty Without Trial! What A Wonderful Joke? by BigB11(m): 6:05pm On Feb 08, 2007
@AFAM
I don't have that information.
It will be unfair for me to speculate on things that aren't crystal clear to me.

Since you and your friends are totally against IBB, probably you will be a perfect one to answer such question.

Sorry, my man.
Re: 135 Guilty Without Trial! What A Wonderful Joke? by Afam(m): 6:33pm On Feb 08, 2007
Big B1:

@AFAM
I don't have that information.
It will be unfair for me to speculate on things that aren't crystal clear to me.

Since you and your friends are totally against IBB, probably you will be a perfect one to answer such question.

Sorry, my man.

You never disappoint when it comes to IBB.

I am not totally against IBB or anyone for that matter as I do not believe in blanket commendation nor condemnation.

I blame or praise based on actions.

The bias and sentiments you display when IBB is mentioned will make it difficult for people to believe you regardless of how you attempt to promote a better Nigeria, hope you see things the way they really are.
Re: 135 Guilty Without Trial! What A Wonderful Joke? by funkybaby(f): 8:27pm On Feb 08, 2007
OBJ has definately gone mad and Ribadu has lost totally all the confidence i had in him. I searched the list frantically for the names of Olabode George, Gbenga Daniel, Andy Uba, James Ibori, Igbenidion, Alao Akala, Adedibu,on the list , i never saw their names.

Olabode George, when acting as the head of the board of NPA comiited various financial offences and recklessness. Just imagine, he awarded contracts in DOLLARS AND POUNDS for the imporation of items such as biros and umbrellas that can be bought at Oshodi market. Has any nairalander read the report of the panel of inquiry that looked at NPA's affairs Olabode George should be in Kirikiri by now. Instead, OBJ is taking him about canvassing for votes around nigeria.

gbenga daniel is another story. he has tried in terms of development for ogun state but has also robbed the state blind in the process.

andy uba? he is just an international fraudster.

ibori and igbenidion, the niger delta is the perfect example of how they have ruined their states. i wonder where all the oil derivation money is going to,

the conclusion is that the list is intended for those that are totally against OBJ.

if only Atiku <another fool> could step down for buhari<a lesser evil>, and they could both work hand in hand with other opposition parties, buhari will win the elections and this would give Nigerians and the economy a new breeze of life.

OBJ has seriously lost focus. Just look at the crisis at the Niger Delta. Everybody is kidnapping anyone. The guy should just leave that place. He is a disgrace.

Anyone noticed the DIRTY AND SMELLY five naira, ten naira, twenty naira and fifty naira notes in circulation Thoses notes are a big disgrace. Now the fool want to convert five naira to coins. This automatically means that pure water will now be sold for ten naira <which nigerian likes carrying coins about>

In 8years of OBJ's tenure, he introuced 100, 200, 500 and 1000 naira notes ! Inflation has sky rocketed ! Where the f*ck did he get money to buy Transcorp? Huh? Should any responsible president own a company like Transcorp while he is still a sitting president?

Wetin sef !

i dey vex seriously!
Re: 135 Guilty Without Trial! What A Wonderful Joke? by BigB11(m): 8:56pm On Feb 08, 2007
I feel you.
Re: 135 Guilty Without Trial! What A Wonderful Joke? by betantee(m): 9:56pm On Feb 11, 2007
i dey looku and laffu.
Re: 135 Guilty Without Trial! What A Wonderful Joke? by chidichris(m): 9:56am On Feb 14, 2007
the truth is that no one can or should in any way compare IBB with obj in this dispensation and for our information, there will not be any need for us to give ibb a second chance when more than 140 million nigerians are yet to have their first chance.
for obj, the key word here remains resign or face efcc.
if only the likes of atiku and orji uzo kau resigned and withdrew their intentions, nobody will see their names on the lists.
if only nigerians will for once go down on their kneels and cry to God to intervene urgently otherwise the worst is yet to happen.
who will believe that andy uba a confirmed case of fraud proven by the us and fined which means guilty who is surposed to implicate the president himself is to be the next governor of Anambra.
how come, part of the smuggled funds by uba was traced to have been used to buy farm tools for his oga-obj.
who will believe that adedibu is yet to be questioned by any authority for manufacturing or distributing inec machines. who is here to black is white.
it is all jokes and God will surely prove himself soon.

(1) (Reply)

Orkar Coup: How We Survived / Breaking News: Nuhu Ribadu Arrested / Nigeria: Budget 2009 - Country Records N249 Billion Deficit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.