Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,564 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Doctor Rewards Bus Conductor Who Returned His Lost $29,000 With Candy. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Doctor Rewards Bus Conductor Who Returned His Lost $29,000 With Candy. (711 Views)

Small Doctor Buys G-WAGON BENZ: "He Was Once A Bus Conductor" / Candy Bleaks And Her Girlfriend, Victoria Kolawole Strike A Pose / Kiss Daniel In Search Of Fan Who Found & Returned His N14 Million Chain -VIDEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctor Rewards Bus Conductor Who Returned His Lost $29,000 With Candy. by Ehiscotch(m): 9:35am On Jul 26, 2017
" Cheapass !" Doctor rewards
bus conductor who returned
his lost $29,000 with two bags
of candy …

Sumon Matidul, a conductor of Bus No. 511,
was rewarded with two bags of candy for
returning a backpack filled with THB1.12 million
cash (more than US29,000) to a doctor in
Bangkok, Thailand last Sunday.

The story that was supposed to restore faith in
humanity quickly turned into internet drama,
when users found out that the passenger, who
works as a gynecologist, rewarded the bus
conductor with only two bags of candy.

Sumon Matidul, conductor of Bus No. 511
which runs on the Bangkok outskirts, said the
doctor called her to apologize after the story
earned media spotlight and people quickly
called him a “cheapass.”

The doctor’s name was not disclosed.
According to Sumon, the doctor told her that
the money was to pay his debts, and she
personally didn’t ask for any reward and
actually appreciated the candy, which she
gave to her child.

“I thanked him. I said ‘I have debts too, and I
completely understand.’ I mean, put yourself
in his shoes. I’d cry if I lost THB500,” Sumon
told Amarin TV.
“Even though he’s a doctor, the money was
to pay his family’s debt. He said it wasn’t
even enough,” she said.

But Sumon’s honesty hasn’t gone unnoticed,
she received a certificate from Bangkok Mass
Transit Authority for her honest actions.

Following the story, Thai celebrity lawyer
Songkran Atchariyasap said those who return
lost belongings to their owners can demand a
cash compensation of 10 percent of the value
of the returned goods.
Or we can just do good without expecting any
reward, just like Sumon.

People criticized him with most calling him a
“cheapass” while others are of the opinion that
one shouldn’t expect monetary reward for doing
a good deed.

“A nice and very understanding
lady, who did the right thing,
because it was the right thing,
and even said Thank you for the
token reward. I appreciate the
guy owed the money, but he
would owe a hell of a lot more if it
weren’t for her honesty. The
family really should appreciate
that and chip in to give her
something a little more
appropriate.” one said.

Re: Doctor Rewards Bus Conductor Who Returned His Lost $29,000 With Candy. by Manson1(m): 9:36am On Jul 26, 2017
g
Re: Doctor Rewards Bus Conductor Who Returned His Lost $29,000 With Candy. by Ehiscotch(m): 9:37am On Jul 26, 2017
Re: Doctor Rewards Bus Conductor Who Returned His Lost $29,000 With Candy. by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 26, 2017
This is one of the major reason why i will never return such amount of money if i see it by mistake. Those who managed to do good are never encouraged to do more.
Re: Doctor Rewards Bus Conductor Who Returned His Lost $29,000 With Candy. by Ehiscotch(m): 9:39am On Jul 26, 2017
Unadulterated honesty like this should be celebrated. LALASTICLALA.
Re: Doctor Rewards Bus Conductor Who Returned His Lost $29,000 With Candy. by auntysimbiat(f): 9:46am On Jul 26, 2017
Hmmm... smiley
Re: Doctor Rewards Bus Conductor Who Returned His Lost $29,000 With Candy. by Evablizin(f): 9:48am On Jul 26, 2017
Wow this is very nice,such a nice lady,your blessing is on the way
Re: Doctor Rewards Bus Conductor Who Returned His Lost $29,000 With Candy. by Ehiscotch(m): 9:55am On Jul 26, 2017
Mediator97:
This is one of the major reason why i will never return such amount of money if i see it by mistake. Those who managed to do good are never encouraged to do more.
Doing good should be enough reward.
Every one expects to be rewarded for doing the right thing - just like our political leaders who expect to be praised for doing what they were elected to and are Heavily paid to do.
The scripture even concurs with doing good in secret. Besides she has earned a good name for herself .
Re: Doctor Rewards Bus Conductor Who Returned His Lost $29,000 With Candy. by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:03am On Jul 26, 2017
I believe our Nigeria conductors will return it to the rightful owner

Re: Doctor Rewards Bus Conductor Who Returned His Lost $29,000 With Candy. by Shelloween(m): 10:05am On Jul 26, 2017
When you do someone a favour, it's no more a favour if you expect something in return. The lady, out of her good heart, returned the money to him, she could've kept it, but she didn't. Whatever the man gave her in appreciation doesn't matter. What matters is that she did the right thing and happily accepted what was given to her. Friends, a good name is better than money.
Re: Doctor Rewards Bus Conductor Who Returned His Lost $29,000 With Candy. by Ehiscotch(m): 11:36am On Jul 26, 2017
Shelloween:
When you do someone a favour, it's no more a favour if you expect something in return. The lady, out of her good heart, returned the money to him, she could've kept it, but she didn't. Whatever the man gave her in appreciation doesn't matter. What matters is that she did the right thing and happily accepted what was given to her. Friends, a good name is better than money.
Best comment so far.

(1) (Reply)

Most Beautiful Female Singers In The World TOP 10 / Beyonce Looking Like A Snack In New Post Baby Body Photos / Wizkid Performed To Thousands Of Fans At Notting Hill Carnival In London(pic,vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.