Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,233 members, 7,818,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Can One Be Born Again More Than Three Times? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can One Be Born Again More Than Three Times? (3110 Views)

Poll: Can one be born again more than ones?

Yes: 66% (2 votes)
No: 0% (0 votes)
Dont know: 33% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? / I Was Shot By Armed Robbers Three Times But Still Alive / Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Be Born Again More Than Three Times? by WafiJoe(m): 9:30am On Feb 08, 2010
It baffles me any time I am in a church service and there is an altar call for those willing to be born again, i see alot of crowd. The funny is that the next time there is another altar call, you see this same people who have been born again before they run to the altar to get born again for the second, third, etc times. Is it suppose to be like that? I think its time for them to change this born again thing to "Total Surrender Time" @ least that makes more sense.

Can one be born again more than ones
Re: Can One Be Born Again More Than Three Times? by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 08, 2010
I wonder how many times one has to surrender to be in Good terms wif God. I don't even go to church any longer but i strongly believe in him and his mercies. His favor has been working in my life but i am not a typical born again as you have put it.
Re: Can One Be Born Again More Than Three Times? by Image123(m): 1:10pm On Feb 08, 2010
Yes, one can be born again more than once. Just as one can get well more than once.
But the problem with many is lack of knowled and the guilt of sin. New converts need to be nourished in these things, so as to grow and consistently live a life that pleases and glorifies God.
Re: Can One Be Born Again More Than Three Times? by KunleOshob(m): 6:39pm On Feb 08, 2010
The problem lies with the "born again" professsing pentecostal churches who have no idea what it means to be born again. All they do is useless altar calls were they delude people to believe they are now born again and start trying to extort money from them. Being truely born again involves someone embrassing the full nature of christ which is based on loving God and our fellow humans, it however stresses that we can only love God whom we don't see if we love our fellow humans whom we see everyday. Soin essence love to God is displayed by love to people around us and this is the most important message in the gospel of our lord Jesus christ. Unfortunately the "church" which claims to be his own and represent him as missed the mark by a million million miles sad

1 John 4:7-21:

Loving One Another

7 Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God. 8 But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

9 God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. 10 This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.

11 Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other. 12 No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is brought to full expression in us.

13 And God has given us his Spirit as proof that we live in him and he in us. 14 Furthermore, we have seen with our own eyes and now testify that the Father sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 All who confess that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them, and they live in God. 16 We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love.

God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. 17 And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world.

18 Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love. 19 We love each other because he loved us first.

20 If someone says, “I love God,” but hates a brother or sister, that person is a liar; for if we don’t love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we cannot see? 21 And he has given us this command: Those who love God must also love their brothers and sisters.
Re: Can One Be Born Again More Than Three Times? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:37pm On Feb 08, 2010
Jesus answered and said to him, Verily, verily, I say to you, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. -- John 3:3 (The Evidence Bible).

Like Nicodemus, many people have no concept of what it to be born again. Nicodemus was thinking of a physical rebirth. Others see the experience as being reincarnated, that is, coming again as a baby in another life, some think that it is the fuzzy feeling they feel when they enter a building they erroneously call a 'Church'. Others get the impression that one is born again when one is baptised in water or "confirmed".

The difference between believing in Jesus and being born again is like believing in a parachute, and putting it on. The difference will be seen when you jump! cool

Knowing that the difference is clear one would want to know and do the right things because the consequences of not doing it can be fatal. One gets born again by simply repenting of his sin and turning toward God by faith in Jesus Christ. Confess your sins and trust in Jesus Christ alone for your eternal salvation. When you do this, you will receive spiritual life through the Holy Spirit who comes to live inside of you.
Re: Can One Be Born Again More Than Three Times? by Joagbaje(m): 8:02pm On Feb 08, 2010
A man can not be born again more than once. Those who come out more than once are having a challenge of understanding. Either they were never saved or they were saved and didnt know that they were saved Some feel when they sin they hae lost their salvation .John had to assure some people to know they are saved already.

1 John 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

But technically it is impossible to be saved twice. If a man falls back in his walk with God, all he needs is to rededicate himself and move on.
Re: Can One Be Born Again More Than Three Times? by WafiJoe(m): 9:44am On Feb 09, 2010
^^^ Thanks for ur answer.

@ all, thanks for the comment. let me see wat the polls have to say

(1) (Reply)

David Did Not Kill Goliath! / Catholics: Come In Let's Discuss. / The Prophecy About Isreal And Gaza (from Quran)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.