Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,259 members, 7,957,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:24 PM

6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business (18471 Views)

6 Things That Are Better Bought As Second Hand To Maintain Good Savings / 5 Questions Every Woman Should Ask Before Starting A Business / 6 Things Nigerian CEOs Need To Care About After Trump’s Triumph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 26, 2017
very insightful, I shall take heed
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by TINALETC3(f): 2:14pm On Jul 26, 2017
undecided nt at al, a frnd of mine is hopelessly jobless now bc customs seized d goods he bought from Cotonou, unfortunately, he invested al his money on dat trip, I learn 4rm Wat happen 2 odas, won't take such risk
Arabiandude:

That's nice!
but hope you aren't thinking of buying these bags from cotonou because to the best of my knowledge, bringing these things from cotonou is illegal because most of them come into Nigeria through smuggling because they re contraband?
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by TINALETC3(f): 2:16pm On Jul 26, 2017
Enugu state, dat where I base
PointZerom:

Where's your preferred location for this?.
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by PointZerom: 2:21pm On Jul 26, 2017
TINALETC3:
Enugu state, dat where I base

Did you pass through apprenticeship no matter the duration, are you the one going to manage the business?.
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by Arabiandude: 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2017
TINALETC3:
undecided nt at al, a frnd of mine is hopelessly jobless now bc customs seized d goods he bought from Cotonou, unfortunately, he invested al his money on dat trip, I learn 4rm Wat happen 2 odas, won't take such risk
That's OK, and it's good you aren't thinking of doing your business the illegal way.

I wish you well, babe!
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by santos876(m): 2:29pm On Jul 26, 2017
Hahahaha.na tru sha
iMUMUweh:
shocked

lies!

when starting a business, never allow your village people to know!!

secondly, other people in the business will want to knock you out, so fortify yourself..

yes, get help from a strong witch (not from your village)

for one month, every midnight by 12am, walk nakeed (not unclad) into a thick forest close to a river carrying a black calabash tied with 7 red ribbons, and place your left hand on your chest shouting out loud:

"lions by my side, eagles above me; enemies of progress, be gone! go! go!"

do this and your business will boom

shocked
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by madgoat(m): 2:29pm On Jul 26, 2017
grin grin grin like all those mumu people venturing into poultry and fish farming because some broke arse agric blogger said its money spinning grin grin grin
There mumu is just starting grin

#quote me and perish kiss kiss kiss
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by Arabiandude: 2:29pm On Jul 26, 2017
PointZerom:

Plan B' is only for those that doesn't know much about the business they're going into. If you pass through apprenticeship, you'll be equipped mentally for the business and what you'll need here is, capital, strategic place for your business, focus and mastering of money. You need to master money and its rules b'cos it has wings and can fly.
Since life on its own recognize disappointment, then it's important we put this into whatever we intend doing. This disappointment is the plan b I talked about.
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by Zane2point4(m): 2:33pm On Jul 26, 2017
Sambusiness:
Interested in Importation business?Am giving out Free guide A_Z just dm me pls only 5 people

How far, let me have your contacts.
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by PointZerom: 2:35pm On Jul 26, 2017
Arabiandude:

Since life on its own recognize disappointment, then it's important we put this into whatever we intend doing. This disappointment is the plan b I talked about.

After learning your desired business, what is plan B doing here again?. I don't understand.
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by kaey10(m): 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2017
Sambusiness:
Interested in Importation business?Am giving out Free guide A_Z just dm me pls only 5 people
I'm interested pls....
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by Sambusiness(m): 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2017
Zane2point4:

How far, let me have your contacts.
drop your whatsapp contact i will contact you
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by Sambusiness(m): 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2017
kaey10:

I'm interested pls....
drop your whatsapp contact
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by Arabiandude: 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2017
PointZerom:

After learning your desired business, what is plan B doing here again?. I don't understand.
Since learning in whatever means doesn't guarantee 100% success afterward, then I won't be wrong if I desire to have a plan b.

Why did adenuga need conoil when globacom was given him lots of money? it's simply because if globacom fails to make positive return, conoil will still keep him at the zenith of richest men.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by Zane2point4(m): 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2017
Sambusiness:
drop your whatsapp contact i will contact you

Its public here naa, any oda means to drop?
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2017
flex04:

Creating or starting a business is a huge commitment. It’s not an uncertain path, and often features details you may never have considered. To make sure you have covered all your bases before kicking off your business adventure, Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares some of the things you must do before starting a business.

Do your research

One of the essential things to do before starting a business is to research the competitive landscape. You do not venture into a business because you have a brilliant idea. If you can’t offer something better or cheaper than your competitors, you may want to re-think starting a business in that area.

Ask yourself why

Every entrepreneur should be able to answer the question, Why are you doing this? It seems like a simple question, but you may be going into it for the wrong reasons. It does not matter if it is for money or for the passion. What is needed is for you to have both and maintain focus. Outside of that, you are probably wasting your time.

Network

Networking helps you get potential partners and investors. You need to attend events where you will need to talk with many entrepreneurs, who have either succeeded or failed. The most helpful advice to learn is the impact of their lifestyle including finances, personal relationships, and health.

Get a mentor

A new business owner should have a mentor. The mentor will offer his advice as well as experience to keep you on track and ensure you do not lose focus.

Survey your target market

Determine and survey a focus group of the target demographic for the service or product you are offering. You must ensure that you are delivering what your customer wants, not what you want.

Seek legal advice

This is another important point entrepreneurs must take note of before officially opening a new business. They should seek legal counsel. Do not make the assumption that legal counsel is only necessary when you get into trouble with the law.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/6-things-starting-business/

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Ok. Diportivo lacoruna.. note
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by CelestineC(m): 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2017
Its imperative one puts into consideration these things before embarking on any business

Thanks OP for sharing
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by fynex(m): 5:21pm On Jul 26, 2017
Chidex2442:
Capital...... And plan b nko

Capital is up to you and depending on what you want to do...

Plan B...it also involves all of those write up....
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by chinnyonwu(m): 5:42pm On Jul 26, 2017
Looking at this thread I cant help but wonder how we aren't curious about what would positively influence us. You can imagine a thread on starting a business still on page1 after hours of hitting frontpage... In a time there's serious job deficit.
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by Syphonn(m): 6:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
YOUR CAREER: TAKE A LEAP OF FAITH

Changing jobs is an important decision in anyone’s life. Before you take the leap, weigh all your options carefully and in an informed way.

Falz, one of the most respected and fast growing musicians in the Nigerian music industry. this wouldn't have been so if he had not decided to drop his LL.B with faith and leaped to what he had the passion for. coupled with his endorsements and also being an actor, he has made it in life. Living the life of his dreams.

The decision to resign from your job is not an easy one. You can wear yourself out by turning the doubts over and over in your mind: how do you know you are doing the right thing? What if it is just as bad at the next place.

Read more at www.healthyfeedz.com
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by oake(m): 7:06pm On Jul 26, 2017
iMUMUweh:
shocked

lies!

when starting a business, never allow your village people to know!!

secondly, other people in the business will want to knock you out, so fortify yourself..

yes, get help from a strong witch (not from your village)

for one month, every midnight by 12am, walk nakeed (not unclad) into a thick forest close to a river carrying a black calabash tied with 7 red ribbons, and place your left hand on your chest shouting out loud:

"lions by my side, eagles above me; enemies of progress, be gone! go! go!"

do this and your business will boom

shocked

The rate at which you are going with this your folly, in the name of seeking attention, you may well soon beat NwaAmaikpe in the race for the most dumbest post on Nairaland.

Nice one OP! All what you have outlined here is very beneficial to me, even though I have been in business long enough. You cannot be too wise in this modern day world of entrepreneurship.
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by KunkeAkinola(m): 8:23pm On Jul 26, 2017
Iamsammy:
,guy are u doing this. just to b notice or na ur mumu reach dz level? Coz iv been following ur comments even since

You must be jobless bro. The bro's comment made my night.
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by Iamsammy(m): 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2017
KunkeAkinola:

You must be jobless bro. The bro's comment made my night.
does DAT warrant DAT insult? All dz nairaland underage self, anyway na faceless forum sha
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by flexindino(m): 11:04pm On Jul 26, 2017
Broda....I'm really interested....do I get your contact or possibly contact me on flexindino@gmail.com
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by rosita33(f): 12:38am On Jul 27, 2017
flex04:

Creating or starting a business is a huge commitment. It’s not an uncertain path, and often features details you may never have considered. To make sure you have covered all your bases before kicking off your business adventure, Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares some of the things you must do before starting a business.

Do your research

One of the essential things to do before starting a business is to research the competitive landscape. You do not venture into a business because you have a brilliant idea. If you can’t offer something better or cheaper than your competitors, you may want to re-think starting a business in that area.

Ask yourself why

Every entrepreneur should be able to answer the question, Why are you doing this? It seems like a simple question, but you may be going into it for the wrong reasons. It does not matter if it is for money or for the passion. What is needed is for you to have both and maintain focus. Outside of that, you are probably wasting your time.

Network

Networking helps you get potential partners and investors. You need to attend events where you will need to talk with many entrepreneurs, who have either succeeded or failed. The most helpful advice to learn is the impact of their lifestyle including finances, personal relationships, and health.

Get a mentor

A new business owner should have a mentor. The mentor will offer his advice as well as experience to keep you on track and ensure you do not lose focus.

Survey your target market

Determine and survey a focus group of the target demographic for the service or product you are offering. You must ensure that you are delivering what your customer wants, not what you want.

Seek legal advice

This is another important point entrepreneurs must take note of before officially opening a new business. They should seek legal counsel. Do not make the assumption that legal counsel is only necessary when you get into trouble with the law.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/6-things-starting-business/

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
nice one..
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by TunnyOgunnowo(m): 5:23am On Jul 27, 2017

Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by Bishopmoney(m): 8:20am On Jul 27, 2017
Am highly interested peteradewale2013@gmail.com
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by KunkeAkinola(m): 4:36pm On Jul 30, 2017
Iamsammy:
does DAT warrant DAT insult? All dz nairaland underage self, anyway na faceless forum sha

Me, Underage?? Lol.. Honestly, I most probably make enough money that can feed me nd u in ten places. Lol, me Underage.
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by Iamsammy(m): 9:55pm On Jul 30, 2017
KunkeAkinola:

Me, Underage?? Lol.. Honestly, I most probably make enough money that can feed me nd u in ten places. Lol, me Underage.
congrat daddy, u satisfy now?

1 Like

Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by KunkeAkinola(m): 8:34pm On Aug 02, 2017
Iamsammy:
congrat daddy, u satisfy now?

Lol. Yh
Re: 6 Things To Do Before Starting A Business by kaey10(m): 10:07pm On Aug 05, 2017
Sambusiness:
drop your whatsapp contact
08188690863 tnx

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN Raises Interest Rate To 15.5% To Curb Rising Inflation / 5 Hot Business You Can Start With 10,000-100,000,000 Naira / A Nairalander Proffers Solution To Epileptic Power & Unemployment As Seen On TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.