Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Senators Vote Against Devolution Of Powers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Vote Against Devolution Of Powers (399 Views)

Southern Nigerian Governors Call For Devolution Of Powers / House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States / Senate Rejects Devolution Of Powers To States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senators Vote Against Devolution Of Powers by nep2ra(m): 3:59pm On Jul 26, 2017
Forty-eight Senators have voted against the devolution of powers in the ongoing voting on 32 areas to be amended in the 1999 Constitution of the country.

Our correspondent report that 46 voted in support of the devolution of powers and one of the Senators abstained.

The voting is still ongoing.

Devolution is the statutory delegation of powers from the central government of a sovereign state to govern at a subnational level, such as a regional or local level.

It is a form of administrative decentralization. Devolved territories have the power to make legislation relevant to the area.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2017/07/26/senators-vote-against-devolution-powers
Re: Senators Vote Against Devolution Of Powers by Afam4eva(m): 4:00pm On Jul 26, 2017
I bet with Nairaland that 90% of the senators that voted against are from the North. Anyone?

3 Likes

Re: Senators Vote Against Devolution Of Powers by Desyner: 4:01pm On Jul 26, 2017
Northern parasites at it again. The time their eyes will clear is when they have 300million mouths to feed in 30 years time with only 30% of their arable land left and 0.0003% of the oil volume of today left. Parasites 4 life . . .

2 Likes

Re: Senators Vote Against Devolution Of Powers by nep2ra(m): 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2017
You know I wasn't in full support of the Biafra movement because of the division and uncertainty surrounding it.

I'm now beginning to have a rethink.

Nnamdi Kanu, pump up the volume.

(1) (Reply)

I Was Shocked When I Saw Buhari In London — Okorocha / 6 Kidnapped School Students From Igbonla, Epe, Lagos State Has Been Released / Ambode: Wheeling Lagos To Wonderland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.