Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,218 members, 7,860,386 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:16 AM

Second Highest Donor To Haiti, Based On GDP, is Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Second Highest Donor To Haiti, Based On GDP, is Nigeria (756 Views)

Wikileaks Shows How US Govt Sabotaged Haiti Economic Growth / Obi Calls For Renewed Assistance To Haiti / Wyclef Jean Shot In Hand In Haiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Second Highest Donor To Haiti, Based On GDP, is Nigeria by Abrantie: 11:41am On Feb 08, 2010
Oops!,  not Nigeria, but GHANA!

Ghana is second highest donor to Haiti
-------------------------------------------------

Ghana has been noted as the second highest donor to Haiti after Guyana based on donor countries' Gross Domestic Product (GDP).

Details of financial aid and other assistance to the people of Haiti being tracked by the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) which was released recently by the Data Blog, which is hosted on the UK Guardian newspapers' website and sourced to Relief Web has shown that contributions captured as at January 24, 2010 shows Guyana as the 'most generous' country in terms of its financial pledges when measured against the country's GDP. The report indicated that Guyana is the third poorest country in the hemisphere, after Haiti and Nicaragua.

Haiti suffered a destructive earthquake recently which killed several thousands and injured many citizens leaving its people in distress needing help very badly.

Ghana made a donation of $3 million to the government and people of Haiti. The country also gave some cocoa products and medication.

Some Ghanaian organizations including musicians are also making efforts to raise money and relief items to help the people of Haiti. A Ghanaian charity, the Caring Kids International has launched a fundraising effort to raise $1 million for Haiti. On Saturday a representative of the group, a student, Len Kessie arrived in Haiti as part of the group's efforts.

According to the released data the Guyana National Committee for Haiti Relief has raised close to $260 million.

A report by the Stabroek News said after Guyana and Ghana, Canada was third, followed by Sweden, Estonia, Denmark, Spain, Finland, Norway and Australia. The US was ranked as the country which has pledged the most cash to Haiti with a total of $168 million followed by Canada $131 million, Spain $45 million, UK $32 million, France $31M million, Sweden $23 million, Germany $20 million, Brazil $15 million, Australia $14 million and China $13 million.

Meanwhile, pressure is being mounted on Haiti's creditors to write off the country's debts.

http://modernghana.com/news/262681/1/ghana-is-second-highest-donor-to-haiti.html
------------------------------------

Gbawe & Co, how would you explain that? What excuse would you come up with to protect the Giant of Africa?
Re: Second Highest Donor To Haiti, Based On GDP, is Nigeria by tundewoods(m): 12:06pm On Feb 08, 2010
Congratulations Ghana ! For being the second highest donor to Haiti based on GDP ! undecided
Please do not forget to collect your certificate for this out standing achievement and i'll recommend that you laminate the certificate .

One last thing,make sure it's preserved in a place where it won't be affected by the ghana earthquake as earlier rumored embarassed
Re: Second Highest Donor To Haiti, Based On GDP, is Nigeria by kawazaki(m): 1:13pm On Feb 08, 2010
Waoooooooooo.

Ghana is now the GIANT OF AFRICA, (Thanks Haiti earthquake. Please where is the next NATURAL disaster, so that GHANA can relish the opportunity to beat Nigeria AGAIN !!!)
Re: Second Highest Donor To Haiti, Based On GDP, is Nigeria by xterra2(m): 11:03pm On Feb 08, 2010
You unpatriotic humans
At 1st our government shouldnt donate to Haiti??Why Because @ same time our brothers and sisters were killed,rendered homeless,injured e.t.c in a place called Jos we wont help our fellow country men,that require help instead donating to people in haiti whom we dont know,have no relation to,they dont know us also,dont care bout us,and so on, They should have donated the money to JOS,instead of leavong france to donate N5million to JOS people,

And to the issue of the GDP shit,GHANA GDP IS NOT HIGHER THAN OURS,i repeat GHANA GDP IS NOT HIGHER THAN OURS, The last time i checked in Wikipedia,our is even greater than chch republic,saudi, e.t.c among others,
The moren ghana should go and burn in hell, Gosh i freaking hate ghana and ghanians
Re: Second Highest Donor To Haiti, Based On GDP, is Nigeria by morpheus24: 11:16pm On Feb 08, 2010
Don't mind Abrantie

Gbawe don open im yansh finish for SPORTS SECTION. he wants to come here and talk rubbish,
Re: Second Highest Donor To Haiti, Based On GDP, is Nigeria by Jarus(m): 10:29am On Feb 09, 2010
exponent22:

I am no longer dreaming for white kola jobs becos I am already self employed. I am an internet business man. I run and site called www.ictsolutionstech.com you can check my site and see some useful information that will make you become rich without putting your hands in 419 or yahoo run. but before that go to my blog http://big-dreamblog..com to read about my dreams before.
Rich like the famous becomerich of NL, abi?
Re: Second Highest Donor To Haiti, Based On GDP, is Nigeria by oge4real(f): 10:59am On Feb 09, 2010
So?

(1) (Reply)

How Protocol Embarrassed Jonathan / Anti-bush, Blair Protesters Arrested In Nigeria / Jonathan Rebuffs Pdp On Selection Of New Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.