Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Trump Bans Transgender People From Serving In The U.S. Military - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Trump Bans Transgender People From Serving In The U.S. Military (596 Views)

Buhari President Signs Bill That Forbids Vps From Serving More Than Single Term. / Trump Bans Transgender Individuals From Military “in Any Capacity” / Nuns Convert From Serving Christ To Selling Weed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Bans Transgender People From Serving In The U.S. Military by UPDISTIC7: 9:54pm On Jul 26, 2017
President Trump today on the social media announces ban on transgender people from serving in the military in any capacity, The action is a reversal of his predecessor’s decision to allow them to serve.

The Obama’s administration which lifted the ban last year to enable those affected serve in the military will now be reversed.

“After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military,”. Trump wrote on Twitter.

“Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail.” He further wrote.

The ban is coming after Trump’s defense secretary, retired Gen. Jim Mattis, had delayed the implementation of the plan to accept transgender troops by six months. The decision is now coming a day before the deadline for the military to update its medical standards to accommodate transgender service members.

According to Mattis the delay in no way presupposes the outcome.

“Since becoming the Secretary of Defense, I have emphasized that the Department of Defense must measure each policy decision against one critical standard: will the decision affect the readiness and lethality of the force?” Mattis stated last month in a statement.

“Put another way, how will the decision affect the ability of America’s military to defend the nation? It is against this standard that I provide the following guidance on the way forward in accessing transgender individuals into the military Services.”

According to US reports many thousands of troops who were currently serving in the military are transgender. The ban has already attracted criticism from some people including US lawmakers.

Gay rights and transgender organizations have in the past threatened legal action against the US Pentagon if it decided to roll back or hinder transgender troops from serving in the US military.

It will be recalled that the organization thought the help of their their legal and political advocacy had succeeded in convincing the US Congress and President Barack Obama to repeal the “Don’t ask, don’t tell” ban on gay troops established during the Clinton administration.

It is however uncertain if they will succeed in stopping President Trump’s recent ban

SOURCE: http://www.naijasilvergold.com/blog/2017/07/26/trump-bans-transgender-people-serving-u-s-military/

Re: Trump Bans Transgender People From Serving In The U.S. Military by Shelloween(m): 10:01pm On Jul 26, 2017
Ma nigga.
Re: Trump Bans Transgender People From Serving In The U.S. Military by gudofuck231: 10:07pm On Jul 26, 2017
Shelloween:
Ma nigga.

This guy is better than Clinton he should be having bjs in office on a daily basis.(ma nigga)

1 Like

Re: Trump Bans Transgender People From Serving In The U.S. Military by Shelloween(m): 10:15pm On Jul 26, 2017
gudofuck231:

This guy is better than Clinton he should be having bjs in office on a daily basis.(ma nigga)
seriously, I don't know why I just love this man. Maybe it's just his i-dont-give-a-damn attitude. About the bj, nigga if you give him bj in office on a daily basis, he wouldn't have time to rule and make decisions. That your weed still remain?
Re: Trump Bans Transgender People From Serving In The U.S. Military by goodmorning40: 10:23pm On Jul 26, 2017
Good!

More
Re: Trump Bans Transgender People From Serving In The U.S. Military by gudofuck231: 3:13pm On Aug 07, 2017
Shelloween:
seriously, I don't know why I just love this man. Maybe it's just his i-dont-give-a-damn attitude. About the bj, nigga if you give him bj in office on a daily basis, he wouldn't have time to rule and make decisions. That your weed still remain?

It got cappuccino flavour mixed with vodka flavour, but from agbor
Re: Trump Bans Transgender People From Serving In The U.S. Military by level10: 3:50pm On Aug 07, 2017
gudofuck231:

It got cappuccino flavour mixed with vodka flavour, but from agbor

PasstheWeedBro
Re: Trump Bans Transgender People From Serving In The U.S. Military by gudofuck231: 3:54pm On Aug 07, 2017
level10:

PasstheWeedBro
strong stuff

(1) (Reply)

An Idea To Provide Financial Solution To Rural Communities In Nigeria / Gulder Ultimate Search Winner ‘shot Dead At Home. Graphic Photo / Please Add Dislike Feature To The Comment Sessions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.