Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,909 members, 7,821,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

'abubakar Malami SAN Is A Star Made In UDUS' The El-critical Winners' Entry - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 'abubakar Malami SAN Is A Star Made In UDUS' The El-critical Winners' Entry (526 Views)

Critical Analysis Of The Pauper By Richard Carl Ntiru / Life Of A Star (a Celebrity Story) / Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'abubakar Malami SAN Is A Star Made In UDUS' The El-critical Winners' Entry by hertheytheydgee(m): 8:33am On Jul 27, 2017
2017 El-Critical writing contest- The winning entry

I have no other option than to disagree with Jim Carrey’s quote which says: ‘Behind every great man there is a woman rolling her eyes’. This is due to the reason that I am optimistic about the fact that I know a star made in Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto (UDUS) who can defend me anywhere in the world as all I am about to say is not to sway anyone away, but to lay the way to an undisputable truth via the root. If Jim Carrey was given an ample opportunity by nature to meet the star I know who was made in UDUS, he would rather say: ‘Behind every great man, there is a great citadel of learning where his pace was set with accurate space’. Of course, I wouldn’t have disagreed with him if his statement was the latter and not the former.

I swear by the sacrosanct pen I use on daily basis and with the special keyboard I am utilizing in typing this work, I know an outstanding hero, a doer, mover and shaker made in the prestigious faculty of law in UDUS. As you define, tag and mark UDUS an institution that awards certificates based on learning and character, bother not to google for a practical example as the star I know fits in accurately into that priceless vacuum.

He was born in Kebbi state, attended his primary school at Nasarawa State between 1973 and 1979, yet he was made a star under scorching sun of Sokoto, courtesy of UDUS. During his stay in UDUS campus, he was an active participant in campus politics, academic extra-curricular activities and leadership programs as it manifests in his daily dealings. It is obvious that I wasn’t born then, perhaps, my mum and dad were yet to formalize and legalize whatever they were doing under our village mahogany tree. The life I plan to live, the hobbies I wish to have and the ability I wish to develop has already been privatized by that wonderful star made in UDUS, he has left me with no option than to unconditionally appropriate him as my role model and a star.

Verily, the star I know who was made in UDUS has countless achievements, I would love to say many, but unfortunately the hosts of El-critical writing spree gave me the privilege of just five hundred (500) words maximum limit. However, I shall mention but few. After obtaining his LL.B in the prestigious faculty of law UDUS, he further obtained his B.L. in Law School, Lagos campus. He was subsequently called to bar, feel free to call him a barrister, he is a super one not a charge and bail lawyer. He served as magistrate in kebbi state, graduated from the bench to the bar, became a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) and was subsequently admitted fully into politics, little wonder why he is a man of spotless character and esteem charisma, he was the chairman legal team of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) presidential campaign 2011, a member of Kano State Election Tribunal, a member of Electoral Committee for Anambra State gubernatorial election and more.

Don’t mock me, I admit, I have never met him one on one. Nevertheless, I saw him one on one once and that was when he came to present a paper on the role of Alumni in the development of Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto in the most peaceful university in Nigeria sometimes in 2015. It was a thought provoking, fascinating and scintillating session for us all. That day, item 7 did not get to where I was seated yet I was okay and I felt neither agony nor pain, it was quite unusual. That moment, I knew I know a star made in UDUS.

Apparently, the sensitive ones might have commenced guessing and the critical thinkers already know who I am referring to as that star specially made in UDUS. Let me quench your taste a bit with honey drop. As Nigeria stands today, he is in the fore front when it comes to the prosecution of criminal matters, that man who has the power under the section 174 of the 1999 Nigerian constitution to take over, continue and discontinue any criminal matter instituted by other authorities. The star I’m emphasizing on is the current Attorney General of the Federation and the Minister for Justice. The media and people refer to him as Abubakar Malami SAN, I call him a Star.

Abdulrazak Ahmed

Re: 'abubakar Malami SAN Is A Star Made In UDUS' The El-critical Winners' Entry by meneski(m): 10:06am On Jul 27, 2017
That was strong.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

~A Pin Of Pain~ Short Story By Anthcunny / Writers Needed Asap / Chaoba Clippers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.