Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Why We Are Suing Nnamdi Kanu – Nri Community - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Are Suing Nnamdi Kanu – Nri Community (879 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Chased Away From Nri Palace Of Anambra Monarch / Nri In Anambra To Sue Nnamdi Kanu For Taboo / Nnamdi Kanu Prays At Nri Forest In Anambra (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Are Suing Nnamdi Kanu – Nri Community by popstico: 3:53pm On Jul 27, 2017
Source:http://crowdbae..com/2017/07/why-we-are-suing-nnamdi-kanu-nri.html

Awka, July 27, 2017 (NAN) Nri community in Aniocha Local Government Area of Anambra has threatened to sue Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), for alleged taboo in Nri culture.

Chief Ifeanyi Onyesoh, the Personal Assistant to Eze Obidiegwu Onyesoh, the traditional ruler of Nri community, announced the plan to journalists in Awka on Thursday.

He said the people were angry over Kanu’s alleged misconduct.

Onyesoh said Kanu with his wife, Uchechi, and supporters visited the palace of Eze Nri on July 19 and a shrine against the tradition of the people.

He noted Nri ancient Kingdom is the cradle of Igbo civilisation, whose culture is revered in the five southeast states of Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo, Anambra as well as Igbo communities in Delta and Rivers.

Onyesoh said on July 18, a day before Kanu’s visit, 12 young people came to the palace of Eze Nri requesting for an appointment with the traditional ruler for Kanu.

“I was the person that received them and so I told them to go and come back with a written letter so that they will get official reply from the palace since the delegation looked unusual, in that there was no titled person among them.

“At this point they all left and what we saw the next day was Kanu visiting Nri community with a huge crowd of his supporters.

He (Kanu) went straight to the house of one Chief Shadrack Mbanefo, a subject to the traditional ruler of Nri.

“The feelers we later got, was that the said Mbanefo claimed he handed over the `Offo Nri ’, (symbol of royalty) to Kanu, and even allowed Kanu to visit the historic “Ohianwehi forest” revered as “forest of life” by Igbo tradition.

Continue reading:http://crowdbae..com/2017/07/why-we-are-suing-nnamdi-kanu-nri.html
Re: Why We Are Suing Nnamdi Kanu – Nri Community by smsventures: 3:54pm On Jul 27, 2017
Ftc
Re: Why We Are Suing Nnamdi Kanu – Nri Community by Amberon11: 3:55pm On Jul 27, 2017
Lol
Re: Why We Are Suing Nnamdi Kanu – Nri Community by DLondonboiy: 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2017
Nawa
Re: Why We Are Suing Nnamdi Kanu – Nri Community by LoveMachine(m): 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2017
Both sides of my family have made me proud. 1st the Obi Abgogidi yesterday. Now Igwe Nri today.

1 Like

Re: Why We Are Suing Nnamdi Kanu – Nri Community by hero01(m): 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2017
funny grin
Re: Why We Are Suing Nnamdi Kanu – Nri Community by PDJT: 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2017
[s]
popstico:

Awka, July 27, 2017 (NAN) Nri community in Aniocha Local Government Area of Anambra has threatened to sue Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), for alleged taboo in Nri culture.

Chief Ifeanyi Onyesoh, the Personal Assistant to Eze Obidiegwu Onyesoh, the traditional ruler of Nri community, announced the plan to journalists in Awka on Thursday.

He said the people were angry over Kanu’s alleged misconduct.

Onyesoh said Kanu with his wife, Uchechi, and supporters visited the palace of Eze Nri on July 19 and a shrine against the tradition of the people.

He noted Nri ancient Kingdom is the cradle of Igbo civilisation, whose culture is revered in the five southeast states of Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo, Anambra as well as Igbo communities in Delta and Rivers.

Onyesoh said on July 18, a day before Kanu’s visit, 12 young people came to the palace of Eze Nri requesting for an appointment with the traditional ruler for Kanu.

“I was the person that received them and so I told them to go and come back with a written letter so that they will get official reply from the palace since the delegation looked unusual, in that there was no titled person among them.

“At this point they all left and what we saw the next day was Kanu visiting Nri community with a huge crowd of his supporters.

He (Kanu) went straight to the house of one Chief Shadrack Mbanefo, a subject to the traditional ruler of Nri.

“The feelers we later got, was that the said Mbanefo claimed he handed over the `Offo Nri ’, (symbol of royalty) to Kanu, and even allowed Kanu to visit the historic “Ohianwehi forest” revered as “forest of life” by Igbo tradition.

[b][/b]
[/s]
Re: Why We Are Suing Nnamdi Kanu – Nri Community by NIGHTMAREOO7: 4:03pm On Jul 27, 2017
Nawa
Re: Why We Are Suing Nnamdi Kanu – Nri Community by madone: 4:26pm On Jul 27, 2017
Igbo man will remain igbo man Biafra or not. They cant be one .money will always separate them. Give igbo man money or business he LL sell his kinsmen

1 Like

Re: Why We Are Suing Nnamdi Kanu – Nri Community by EvilMetahuman: 4:33pm On Jul 27, 2017
Let's blame afonja for this.
Re: Why We Are Suing Nnamdi Kanu – Nri Community by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 4:39pm On Jul 27, 2017
Sourceless source.

Fvck off OP you are high on expired Kenya Shisha.
Re: Why We Are Suing Nnamdi Kanu – Nri Community by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:40pm On Jul 27, 2017
You have no tradition!!

Kanu is your new leader.

Whatever he say, na im correct!

Go to that corner ----------> and cry if you no like am!

Kanu, greater than ojukwu and all the ancestors in igboland!

Ride of, master master
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why We Are Suing Nnamdi Kanu – Nri Community by ogawisdom(m): 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2017
All I see is Willie obiano using traditional idiot to fight kanu
Re: Why We Are Suing Nnamdi Kanu – Nri Community by RisingSun1: 4:48pm On Jul 27, 2017
Is like this old traditional rulers don't know that we now have a new leader in the east Nnamdi Kanu.

We revered him now more than any traditional, political or religious leader.

He is the chosen one.

Oppose him and go six fit down

Revolution is coming

1 Like

Re: Why We Are Suing Nnamdi Kanu – Nri Community by Agumbankembu: 4:53pm On Jul 27, 2017
cry

1 Like

Re: Why We Are Suing Nnamdi Kanu – Nri Community by cumbak60: 5:25pm On Jul 27, 2017
[quote author=Agumbankembu post=58888212]/quote]Delete quote. Not necessary

1 Like

Re: Why We Are Suing Nnamdi Kanu – Nri Community by Ojiofor: 5:36pm On Jul 27, 2017
Agumbankembu:
Bleep that Nri whatever, I am Ngwa and that Nri doesn't hold any value to me whatsoever.

Sorry if I offend you my brothers.

Those Nri Jewish origin claimers are very funny set of people.
Let them continue to ridicule themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Are Suing Nnamdi Kanu – Nri Community by attackgat: 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2017
Suing Kanu for visiting someone? Fake News!

1 Like

Re: Why We Are Suing Nnamdi Kanu – Nri Community by ofai: 6:27pm On Jul 27, 2017
Anambra politicians using traditional leaders to tackle kanu..... Shameless people.

What offense again did kanu commit? He didn't meet eze nri before entering the sacred forest. Did he not meet his representative as customs permit? What is the sueing for?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian's Want Buhari To Run In 2019 - Lauretta Onochie / Baale in jail With 3 Others For Killing And Hiding Policeman For 9months / 444, The Mystery Code. Why #buhari444 Is Trending

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.