Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,278 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Our Mumu Don Do Fce(t) Akoka Student Protest - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Our Mumu Don Do Fce(t) Akoka Student Protest (652 Views)

Protest: Umunze FCE (T) Postpones SUG Election Indefinitely / Oou Sug Our Mumu Don Do / Kwarapoly Student Protest Against Increase In Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Mumu Don Do Fce(t) Akoka Student Protest by TeamLeader112: 4:11pm On Jul 27, 2017
*OUR MUMU DON DO*
We live in a society where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither people nor society will be safe.

*WHERE JUSTICE IS DENIED*
This brought about the story of struggle for justice *26/07/2017* at FCET Akoka. It has been recorded that over 90 students (Year 1, 2 and 3(Extra year)) were deprived from their right of writing second semester examination because of yellow card been given at the admission office after fulfilling the school fees payment of which students didn’t pay happily as a result of the N5,000 surcharge that was added.

Where justice was denied is that, every other higher institution including our neighbouring school UNILAG deemed it fit that once you have paid your school fees, you then have the right to printing exam docket and getting the school I.D card of which gives students the full right of writing exams.
Last year today in FCET Akoka, you can write your exam without any pink or yellow card and those that didn’t conclude their registration concluded it during the final clearance and same can still be done now.
The school management knew they can still give this week without pink card and reduce N3000 from the N7000 of first and second semester registration before passing the heartless directive that students shouldn’t write the exam without the yellow card, and as a result allowing students to have carry over and extra year they didn’t plan for.

*Edu-Portal as a new development.*
It is a new development that FCET Akoka now have Edu-portal that students are paying N5,000 where you can easily pay your school fees, register your course form, print your examination and check your examination result.

*Before Edu-portal*
The evidence of payment was school fees receipt and registration of which it is not supposed to be like that anymore because there now exist a school portal of which you can easily do it all online.

*WHERE THE POVERTY IS ENFORCED*
It is crystal clear that late registration fee is been imposed on the students after paying the school fees. Final clearance card now happens to be the pass to exam hall, neglecting the online docket.

*WHAT IS THE EXCENCE OF THEIR PORTAL THAT WE ARE PAYING FOR?*

*POVERTY IS ENFORED.*

*OUR MUMU DON DO*

*WHERE IGNORANCE PREVAILS*
It is so sad to have discovered that unity, oneness and the love of brotherhood is nowhere to be found amongst Nigeria students BUT the ignorance of “I will be rusticated” OR “I won’t get my result” now lives in the BRAIN of everybody.
After my case study today, I discovered that an FCET Akoka student is the one that, if when pushed to the wall, get more power and energy to break the wall and run away from the oppressed. That was what *BABA FELA ANIKULAPO KUTI* called *SUFFERING AND SMILING.*

A Nigerian student has forgotten that an injury to one is injury to all and when the right of one is threatened, the right of all other students is diminished.
People tend to be generous when sharing their nonsense, fear and ignorance as some students was agitating that they are interested in writing the exams today after their brothers and sisters in academic struggle has been sent out of the hall, all in the name of yellow card. What if you were among the ones affected, what will you do? Remember that fingers are not equal.
This same ignorance am talking about is a poison that kills love, friendship and all the good feelings simply because you are ignorant of the role you are supposed to play in the struggle, you went on with your exams and as a matter of fact killing the “in brotherhood we stand” in the Aluta anthem.
The incoming and unborn generation will suffer for it and they will never forgive you.
*OUR MUMU DON DO*

*MY VIEW*
My believe is that we are all equal in the fact that we are all different, we are all the same in the fact that we will never be same, we are harmonious by the reality that we came into this world through the same gravity. I believe we don’t share blood; we only share the air that keeps us alive. I will not blind myself and tell you that my black brother and brown sister is not different from me. We are each other’s harvest, business, magnitude and bond. Unity is power.
As far as I believe in a peaceful and egalitarian society, I will continue to fight this injustice.
You can go behind me and say I am a fool for not writing my exam of 26/07/2017 but emphatically speaking, I will never regret my actions as I felt the pain of the students that didn’t write their exam as they shed tears and I decided to put myself in their shoe.
Just so sad some other union leaders are running after convocation and their results when other students are in tears. Do comrades still exist? Never answer you name in Aluta way any longer because you don’t worth it (To whom it concern)
Note: You got your NCE certificate and I didn’t get mine doesn’t state that you will be richer than I am in the next ten years. You had better correct your MUMU now before it is too late.
My agitation is that students should be allowed to write exams without yellow card and they can easily sort that when doing the final clearance.
See the truth, speak the truth, and stand by the truth.
Justice will prevail one day.

*OUR MUMU DON DO*
Aluta continua, Victoria ascertal
The letterings of;
*Com Ajayi A. Ridwan aka Editor*
SUG PRO 16/17 session

Re: Our Mumu Don Do Fce(t) Akoka Student Protest by TeamLeader112: 4:15pm On Jul 27, 2017
more

(1) (Reply)

Will FUTA Admit A Candidate Into Her Engineering Dept. With Further Mathematics? / 70 UNIMAID Lecturers Resign Over Boko Haram Attacks / Federal Polytechnic Ede Begins Sales Of Admission Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.