Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Insight On Why Jobless Igbo Youths Are Flocking To Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insight On Why Jobless Igbo Youths Are Flocking To Kanu (1167 Views)

Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing / Mbe Nwaniga Compares Ojukwu's Biafra To Kanu's Biafra / Igbo Youths Launch Anti-biafra Movement, Slam Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insight On Why Jobless Igbo Youths Are Flocking To Kanu by Naijiant: 7:02pm On Jul 27, 2017
For me, this is where the problem is, and I talked about it extensively for The Cable. We need to, very urgently, create jobs for our young people. These are people, at the prime of their lives, and they have nothing else to do, but wake up, dress up, and go and congregate outside of a man’s house. Make no mistakes, this is not an Igbo problem, it is a Nigerian problem. I have seen it in Kano. I have seen it in Makurdi. I have seen it in Warri. I have seen it in Ibadan. I have seen it in Lagos. Young people, who have nothing to do, and as a result, become willing to listen to whoever has whatever to say.

But there is another problem that bears noting — the cost of driving away some of our brightest young minds. On that day in Umuahia, I met a very interesting young man.
Read on about why this young man joined IPOB: https://www.naijiant.com/guestcolumn/nnamdi-kanu-metaphor/

1 Like

Re: Insight On Why Jobless Igbo Youths Are Flocking To Kanu by Markfemi2: 7:02pm On Jul 27, 2017
Igbo is suffering from massive poverty

3 Likes

Re: Insight On Why Jobless Igbo Youths Are Flocking To Kanu by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 27, 2017
Please the commenter above, pls eschew the urge for frivolities and stop trivialities, these back and forth tantrums and unhealthy tribalistic banters accentuated on inanities of vituperations is unnecessary.

Let's all have self discipline and embibe an iota of decorum, sparking the flame of name calling will be countered with commensurate measures of name calling and these leaves us rigmaroling in the vicious circle.

To the crux and meat of the matter,
Everybody is human, be you a pauper, the rich, the haves and the have nots,

Everyone is entitled to the right to self determination, allow them exercise their right to unperturbed association and listen to their yearnings for a better future,

They are nonviolently seeking for referendum, through civil disobedience,
Why the fuss?

Let's grow up
Everyone can attest that we all deserve better, Why castigate those who are trying to break the yolk, even the devil trembles on the status quo,
How about seeing the balkanization movement as a reawakening revolution.
Even if a dismemberment is not achieved, at least, a newly restructured Nigeria is attainable.

Let's deliberate on issue based contentious matters with objectivity.

4 Likes

Re: Insight On Why Jobless Igbo Youths Are Flocking To Kanu by Markfemi2: 8:06pm On Jul 27, 2017
Xway:
While yourubas are suffering from mental slavery.

#Yorubas are caword#
I salute there cawordise. grin

The CAWODS/SLAVES are yibola wearing Fulani outfit up and down to appease Fulani cause of kaduna declaration

2 Likes

Re: Insight On Why Jobless Igbo Youths Are Flocking To Kanu by ESDKING: 8:12pm On Jul 27, 2017
Pushing for secession which has happened and still happening in different countries is as result of joblessness ?.

More reason I want disintegration because, I hate sharing country with people that reason like this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insight On Why Jobless Igbo Youths Are Flocking To Kanu by DerideGull(m): 8:17pm On Jul 27, 2017
Naijiant:

For me, this is where the problem is, and I talked about it extensively for The Cable. We need to, very urgently, create jobs for our young people. These are people, at the prime of their lives, and they have nothing else to do, but wake up, dress up, and go and congregate outside of a man’s house. Make no mistakes, this is not an Igbo problem, it is a Nigerian problem. I have seen it in Kano. I have seen it in Makurdi. I have seen it in Warri. I have seen it in Ibadan. I have seen it in Lagos. Young people, who have nothing to do, and as a result, become willing to listen to whoever has whatever to say.

But there is another problem that bears noting — the cost of driving away some of our brightest young minds. On that day in Umuahia, I met a very interesting young man.

Read on about why this young man joined IPOB: https://www.naijiant.com/guestcolumn/nnamdi-kanu-metaphor/

Only a fool would emphasize that the quest for actualization of Republic of Igbo land or Biafra rest only on joblessness of the youths. One can be gainfully employed but lacked the essence of being sovereign hence agitation for self determination. There is a pride to call a place home which does not apply to Ndigbo with respect to Nigeria. Please remove the sense of joblessness in your agenda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insight On Why Jobless Igbo Youths Are Flocking To Kanu by googlepikins: 8:17pm On Jul 27, 2017
Yorubbers are well known for backstabbing, ask arewas they will confirm it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insight On Why Jobless Igbo Youths Are Flocking To Kanu by DLondonboiy: 8:23pm On Jul 27, 2017
arinzeejikonye:
Please the commenter above, pls eschew the urge for frivolities and stop trivialities, these back and forth tantrums and unhealthy tribalistic banters accentuated on inanities of vituperations is unnecessary.

Let's all have self discipline and embibe an iota of decorum, sparking the flame of name calling will be countered with commensurate measures of name calling and these leaves us rigmaroling in the vicious circle.

To the crux and meat of the matter,
Everybody is human, be you a pauper, the rich, the haves and the have nots,

Everyone is entitled to the right to self determination, allow them exercise their right to unperturbed association and listen to their yearnings for a better future,

They are nonviolently seeking for referendum, through civil disobedience,
Why the fuss?

Let's grow up
Everyone can attest that we all deserve better, Why castigate those who are trying to break the yolk, even the devil trembles on the status quo,
How about seeing the balkanization movement as a reawakening revolution.
Even if a dismemberment is not achieved, at least, a newly restructured Nigeria is attainable.

Let's deliberate on issue based contentious matters with objectivity.
smiley
Re: Insight On Why Jobless Igbo Youths Are Flocking To Kanu by chiagozien(m): 9:19pm On Jul 27, 2017
Markfemi2:
Igbo is suffering from massive poverty
yea but live more comfortable than your dirty tribe.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insight On Why Jobless Igbo Youths Are Flocking To Kanu by ZorGBUooeh: 9:32pm On Jul 27, 2017
Dere is no hope for any ibo youth in Nigeria.
Re: Insight On Why Jobless Igbo Youths Are Flocking To Kanu by Markfemi2: 1:25am On Jul 28, 2017
chiagozien:
yea but live more comfortable than your dirty tribe.

Igbos are the filthiest pigs on earth
Descending from dirtiest region in the world Onitsha Aba Nnewi

Poverty don finish them 109%
See what Igbo people have been reduced too chai

Re: Insight On Why Jobless Igbo Youths Are Flocking To Kanu by chiagozien(m): 1:39am On Jul 28, 2017
Markfemi2:

yet you want them to still be with you in the same country.is that not madness.

1 Like

Re: Insight On Why Jobless Igbo Youths Are Flocking To Kanu by Markfemi2: 1:48am On Jul 28, 2017
chiagozien:
yet you want them to still be with you in the same country.is that not madness.

Who wants to share country with animals like igbos
Why are your lazy weak leaders not courageous enough to raise the motion
Instead they are rejecting it left to right
Re: Insight On Why Jobless Igbo Youths Are Flocking To Kanu by DerideGull(m): 2:00am On Jul 28, 2017
Markfemi2:

The picture of kids you have in your idiotic post is almajiri. I have lived and traveled far and wide in Yari.ba land, no place or humans can be filthier than Yari.ba.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insight On Why Jobless Igbo Youths Are Flocking To Kanu by chiagozien(m): 2:13am On Jul 28, 2017
Markfemi2:

Who wants to share country with animals like igbos
Why are your lazy weak leaders not courageous enough to raise the motion
Instead they are rejecting it left to right
ok i don hear you but continue with your.......

Re: Insight On Why Jobless Igbo Youths Are Flocking To Kanu by Markfemi2: 2:37am On Jul 28, 2017
chiagozien:
ok i don hear you but continue with your.......

typical cowardly response
Re: Insight On Why Jobless Igbo Youths Are Flocking To Kanu by Markfemi2: 2:38am On Jul 28, 2017
DerideGull:

The picture of kids you have in your idiotic post is almajiri. I have lived and traveled far and wide in Yari.ba land, no place or humans can be filthier than Yari.ba.

I am in enugu as we speak and even almajiri is better off than the 10000 beggars that troop in from Ebonyi on a daily basis.
Re: Insight On Why Jobless Igbo Youths Are Flocking To Kanu by freshest4live: 6:07am On Jul 28, 2017
Markfemi2:

Are you a tennager?
Re: Insight On Why Jobless Igbo Youths Are Flocking To Kanu by Brooklynsouth(f): 7:24am On Jul 28, 2017
DerideGull:

the only way Yoruba boys confirm their boxers are dirty after 5 days is by smelling it
Re: Insight On Why Jobless Igbo Youths Are Flocking To Kanu by waledeji(m): 7:42am On Jul 28, 2017
Brooklynsouth:
the only way Yoruba boys confirm their boxers are dirty after 5 days is by smelling it

Yet, they are phuking Ibo girls like you on a daily basis with cheap money all over the West and in the north

(1) (Reply)

Daily Sit-out To Demand Buhari’s Impeachment Or Resignation Begins In Abuja, UK / South East Has Lowest Bribery Prevalence In Nigeria / Nigeria Would Have Drown, If Not For Buhari”- Governor Ibikunle Amosun Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.