Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:28 AM

"They're All Fired..." Chaos In The White House - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / "They're All Fired..." Chaos In The White House (860 Views)

Trump Evacuated From Press Briefing Due To Shooting Outside The White House / Anti-War Protesters Gathered Outside The White House (Photos) / Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"They're All Fired..." Chaos In The White House by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 27, 2017
I'm not a political person, but I know my friend PDPguy will enjoy this.

On Wednesday night, I received a phone call from Anthony Scaramucci, the new White House communications director. He wasn’t happy. Earlier in the night, I’d tweeted, citing a “senior White House official,” that Scaramucci was having dinner at the White House with President Trump, the First Lady, Sean Hannity, and the former Fox News executive Bill Shine. It was an interesting group, and raised some questions. Was Trump getting strategic advice from Hannity? Was he considering hiring Shine? But Scaramucci had his own question—for me.

“Who leaked that to you?” he asked. I said I couldn’t give him that information. He responded by threatening to fire the entire White House communications staff. “What I’m going to do is, I will eliminate everyone in the comms team and we’ll start over,” he said. I laughed, not sure if he really believed that such a threat would convince a journalist to reveal a source. He continued to press me and complain about the staff he’s inherited in his new job. “I ask these guys not to leak anything and they can’t help themselves,” he said. “You’re an American citizen, this is a major catastrophe for the American country. So I’m asking you as an American patriot to give me a sense of who leaked it.”

In Scaramucci’s view, the fact that word of the dinner had reached a reporter was evidence that his rivals in the West Wing, particularly Reince Priebus, the White House chief of staff, were plotting against him. While they have publicly maintained that there is no bad blood between them, Scaramucci and Priebus have been feuding for months. After the election, Trump asked Scaramucci to join his Administration, and Scaramucci sold his company, SkyBridge Capital, in anticipation of taking on a senior role. But Priebus didn’t want him in the White House, and successfully blocked him for being appointed to a job until last week, when Trump offered him the communications job over Priebus’s vehement objections. In response to Scaramucci’s appointment, Sean Spicer, an ally of Priebus’s, resigned his position as press secretary. And in an additional slight to Priebus, the White House’s official announcement of Scaramucci’s hiring noted that he would report directly to the President, rather than to the chief of staff.

Scaramucci’s first public appearance as communications director was a slick and conciliatory performance at the lectern in the White House briefing room last Friday. He suggested it was time for the White House to turn a page. But since then, he has become obsessed with leaks and threatened to fire staffers if he discovers that they have given unauthorized information to reporters. Michael Short, a White House press aide considered close to Priebus, resigned on Tuesday after Scaramucci publicly spoke about firing him. Meanwhile, several damaging stories about Scaramucci have appeared in the press, and he blamed Priebus for most of them. Now, he wanted to know whom I had been talking to about his dinner with the President. Scaramucci, who initiated the call, did not ask for the conversation to be off the record or on background.

“Is it an assistant to the President?” he asked. I again told him I couldn’t say. “O.K., I’m going to fire every one of them, and then you haven’t protected anybody, so the entire place will be fired over the next two weeks.”

I asked him why it was so important for the dinner to be kept a secret. Surely, I said, it would become public at some point. “I’ve asked people not to leak things for a period of time and give me a honeymoon period,” he said. “They won’t do it.” He was getting more and more worked up, and he eventually convinced himself that Priebus was my source.

“They’ll all be fired by me,” he said. “I fired one guy the other day. I have three to four people I’ll fire tomorrow. I’ll get to the person who leaked that to you. Reince Priebus—if you want to leak something—he’ll be asked to resign very shortly.” The issue, he said, was that he believed Priebus had been worried about the dinner because he hadn’t been invited. “Reince is a fucking paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac,” Scaramucci said. He channelled Priebus as he spoke: “ ‘Oh, Bill Shine is coming in. Let me leak the fucking thing and see if I can cock-block these people the way I cock-blocked Scaramucci for six months.’ ” (Priebus did not respond to a request for comment.)

Scaramucci was particularly incensed by a Politico report about his financial-disclosure form, which he viewed as an illegal act of retaliation by Priebus. The reporter said Thursday morning that the document was publicly available and she had obtained it from the Export-Import Bank. Scaramucci didn’t know this at the time, and he insisted to me that Priebus had leaked the document, and that the act was “a felony.”

“I’ve called the F.B.I. and the Department of Justice,” he told me.

“Are you serious?” I asked.

“The swamp will not defeat him,” he said, breaking into the third person. “They’re trying to resist me, but it’s not going to work. I’ve done nothing wrong on my financial disclosures, so they’re going to have to go Bleep themselves.”

Scaramucci also told me that, unlike other senior officials, he had no interest in media attention. “I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own cock,” he said, speaking of Trump’s chief strategist. “I’m not trying to build my own brand off the fucking strength of the President. I’m here to serve the country.” (Bannon declined to comment.)

He reiterated that Priebus would resign soon, and he noted that he told Trump that he expected Priebus to launch a campaign against him. “He didn’t get the hint that I was reporting directly to the President,” he said. “And I said to the President here are the four or five things that he will do to me.” His list of allegations included leaking the Hannity dinner and the details from his financial-disclosure form.

I got the sense that Scaramucci’s campaign against leakers flows from his intense loyalty to Trump. Unlike other Trump advisers, I’ve never heard him say a bad word about the President. “What I want to do is I want to fucking kill all the leakers and I want to get the President’s agenda on track so we can succeed for the American people,” he told me.

He cryptically suggested that he had more information about White House aides. “O.K., the Mooch showed up a week ago,” he said. “This is going to get cleaned up very shortly, O.K.? Because I nailed these guys. I’ve got digital fingerprints on everything they’ve done through the F.B.I. and the fucking Department of Justice.”

“What?” I interjected.

“Well, the felony, they’re gonna get prosecuted, probably, for the felony.” He added, “The lie detector starts—” but then he changed the subject and returned to what he thought was the illegal leak of his financial-disclosure forms. I asked if the President knew all of this.

“Well, he doesn’t know the extent of all that, he knows about some of that, but he’ll know about the rest of it first thing tomorrow morning when I see him.”

Scaramucci said he had to get going. “Yeah, let me go, though, because I’ve gotta start tweeting some shit to make this guy crazy.”

Minutes later, he tweeted, “In light of the leak of my financial info which is a felony. I will be contacting @FBI and the @TheJusticeDept #swamp @Reince45.” With the addition of Priebus’s Twitter handle, he was making public what he had just told me: that he believed Priebus was leaking information about him. The tweet quickly went viral.

Scaramucci seemed to have second thoughts. Within two hours he deleted the original tweet and posted a new one denying that he was targeting the chief of staff. “Wrong!” he said, adding a screenshot of an Axios article that said, “Scaramucci appears to want Priebus investigated by FBI.” Scaramucci continued, “Tweet was public notice to leakers that all Sr Adm officials are helping to end illegal leaks. @Reince45.”

A few hours later, I appeared on CNN to discuss the overnight drama. As I was talking about Scaramucci, he called into the show himself and referenced our conversation. He changed his story about Priebus. Instead of saying that he was trying to expose Priebus as a leaker, he said that the reason he mentioned Priebus in his deleted tweet was because he wanted to work together with Priebus to discover the leakers.
http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizza/anthony-scaramucci-called-me-to-unload-about-white-house-leakers-reince-priebus-and-steve-bannon

Re: "They're All Fired..." Chaos In The White House by PDPGuy: 11:06pm On Jul 27, 2017
This White House has been a huge joke. Although the Russia issue is somewhat overblown by the media, the penchant for outright lies/obfuscation by the WH Comms team has been really unfortunate.

The public infighting by the President's aides is indeed a new low

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "They're All Fired..." Chaos In The White House by obataokenwa(m): 11:33pm On Jul 27, 2017
This guy is more sensible than Spicer and talks with lots of confidence. White House will be sanitised now
Re: "They're All Fired..." Chaos In The White House by wman(m): 11:38pm On Jul 28, 2017
And now Priebus has been sacked
Re: "They're All Fired..." Chaos In The White House by Bacon21(m): 1:39am On Jul 29, 2017
Trump is a fool. His campaign's Russia ties are undeniable and now his White House is capitulating. By this time 2019 I wouldn't be surprised if he was already impeached.

2 Likes

Re: "They're All Fired..." Chaos In The White House by Bacon21(m): 1:40am On Jul 29, 2017
wman:
And now Priebus has been sacked

More like he was forced to resign.
Re: "They're All Fired..." Chaos In The White House by Wyttcat: 3:23pm On Jul 29, 2017
The so-called chaos is only in the heads of the anti-Trump minions and robots who can't get over losing an election after stealing 5.7m votes. I will take the president's position with his AG Sessions as far as being compromised or Scaramuchi coming out to say his mind about how the Whitehouse staffers are not doing enough to block the leaks over previous administration many crimes against humanity, one of which Trump stopped this week by defunding terrorist group ISIS(I expect Bokoharam to be affected too) that Obama and the Washington establishment had been funding to help with their regime change agenda all over the world. Trump is stupidd to not have fired all Obama hold-overs and the neo-con moles who are just there to destroy him. The Washington establishment has been calling for impeachment even before Trump entered the Whitehouse and from the day he was declared the winner of the elections, so what's stopping them? especially with the pseudo conservatives in the Senate and congress, it should be smooth sailing. Trump is the president today by the God's mighty hand and can only be stopped when his work is done. Though I can forgive him for keeping people who don't mean well for him from the previous administration to still work with him, I will not forgive him if he's foolish enough to sign the Russian sanctions, North Korea and Iran are a fair game, Russia is just to handcuff Trump. it's not too early to use his veto power, the sanctions are passed to distract him and stop his agenda. Thank goodness that he's getting help from EU who sees the sanctions causing trade war. Russia has waited for 7 months to hear from Trump and is jittery now, kinda expected. Nothing will stop the Russia fever among the anti-Trump so the president should reach out to Putin to reset the relationship, the establishment will go into their usual meltdown and hysteria and stay there as always while Trump keeps making AMERICA GREAT AGAIN like the over 1million jobs he has added in 6 months of being in office. 16 years low of Unemployment and 12 years low of welfare line. Trump must continue this great work for Americans
Re: "They're All Fired..." Chaos In The White House by Bacon21(m): 3:31pm On Jul 29, 2017

1 Like

Re: "They're All Fired..." Chaos In The White House by Wyttcat: 3:47pm On Jul 29, 2017
Put the coolaid down and get out of the hogwash bath. Democrats stole 5.7m votes. The only collusion was between Hillary Clinton and Ukraine. Though I don't support Sessions being fired, He just needs to show that he hasn't be compromised. if Trump fires him nothing will happen. The establishment can only flag the impeachment but they will never have their way, they know it and that's why they are looking for other ways to take him out. Mueller shouldn't be there in the first place, he's already violating the law of the land with conflict of interests, all because both R's and D's don't like Trump so they are breaking their own laws. Only a very few politicians care about Trump. I can see that your brain has been fingered by the satanic hand of the liberals. Sorry, you have been fed with bullshitt.
Bacon21:

Who stole 5.7 million votes? Firing Sessions would be even more obstruction of justice, if he orders the replacement for Sessions to fire Mueller then he will be impeached. It is known that the Trump campaign at least tried to collude with Russia. C'mon be realistic.
Re: "They're All Fired..." Chaos In The White House by Bacon21(m): 4:06pm On Jul 29, 2017

1 Like

Re: "They're All Fired..." Chaos In The White House by Wyttcat: 4:14pm On Jul 29, 2017
It has been more than proven if only you can look where real news are, and not where some luciferians dictate news that is reported and news that is killed. The Russian meeting was a woman working for Obama/Clinton group on a special visa and special stay granted by Obama administration, one of many set ups that didn't work. She was with Obama too on more than one occasion. Mueller shouldn't be there because of conflict of interest which is a gross violation. You really have no idea what you are talking about. There's a coup in Washington, and if this blows off, I'm sorry y'all will get the minorities killed especially the blacks cos that's exactly what the democrats want. They have always been advocates of reducing the population to 500 million worldwide.
Bacon21:

Nobody has proved any claims that the Democrats stole any votes. Donald Trump Jr. literally tried to collude. He took a meeting with Jared Kushner, Paul Manafort, and several Russians. Mueller had to be there. It is against the law for Sessions to investigate a campaign he took part in.
Re: "They're All Fired..." Chaos In The White House by Bacon21(m): 4:21pm On Jul 29, 2017

1 Like

Re: "They're All Fired..." Chaos In The White House by Wyttcat: 4:30pm On Jul 29, 2017
If you want real news , it's out there but I doubt it if your mind is open to the truth.
It was a set up and you know it. Why should they disclose that? There wasn't any violation. I hate talking to a wall, this exactly what you are. There are many of this that will still come out, it just shows how dirty and nasty the democrats are with their power at all cost view. Democrats are ready to destroy America and plunge the world into world war to save their butts, this is worse than anything coming out of Nigeria or from the north.
Bacon21:

Could you please direct me to your 'real news'. You're still agreeing with Trump Junior tried to collude even if it was a set up. And it wasn't a set up, how do I know because if it was a set up there's no way that they would've waited months after Trump won the next election and was inaugurated to tell everyone. Also, what conflict of interest does Mueller have he is a Republican.
Re: "They're All Fired..." Chaos In The White House by Bacon21(m): 4:36pm On Jul 29, 2017
Re: "They're All Fired..." Chaos In The White House by Wyttcat: 4:55pm On Jul 29, 2017
Truth is not hidden use it. Digging dirts against your opponent is part of campaign, and democrats dug it passed oil. if there's any law broken by Trump junior, there would have been an indictment by now because the ESTABLOCRATS are looking to get them at all cost. I've already directed you to a real collusion between Clinton and Ukraine, make use of that. The conflict of interests Mueller has are 1. Comey illegally leaked the memo to get the special counsel. 2. Mueller who is a best friend of Comey is chairing that counsel that is illegally set up. 3 Mueller hired all the lawyers who donated to Clinton campaign and others who are Clinton foundation lawyers. 4.Peter, Comey's brother is a family lawyer of the Clintons. What more conflict of interests do you need more than these? You need to engage your brain please.
Bacon21:

Could you please direct me to your 'real news'. You're still agreeing with me, Trump Junior tried to collude even if it was a set up. And it wasn't a set up, because if it was a set up there's no way that they would've waited months after Trump won the next election and was inaugurated to tell everyone. There actually may have been in violation of campaign ethics laws. Also, what conflict of interest does Mueller have he is a Republican?
Re: "They're All Fired..." Chaos In The White House by Bacon21(m): 5:10pm On Jul 29, 2017
Re: "They're All Fired..." Chaos In The White House by Wyttcat: 5:33pm On Jul 29, 2017
Haha you just spoke like a true left winger.
You have been wired to repell the truth. So who ask Mueller to hire Trump's friends? What happens to neutral people? The only violation is on the democrats side because they actually sent someone to Ukraine to micromanage the collusion among other dirty deals. Any panels full of illegal activities is illegal no matter how you look at it. It's clear distraction. They know they can't get anywhere with it but they just want to bog down the Trump administration with never ending stuff like this to slow his agenda down, but failed so far. He's wading strong through it all. I really don't have time to keep repeating myself. Go back to my last post, address that and ask a new question. I'm not in for merry go round. Hehehe! Hillary is a Grandmother from hell indeed!
Bacon21:

Could you please direct me to your 'real news'. There actually may have been in violation of campaign ethics laws, Mueller is looking into them. What do you mean illegally set up? Was Mueller supposed to only appoint lawyers that would have been favorable to Trump? Clinton is just a retired grandmother stop bringing her up; she isn't President of the United States.
Re: "They're All Fired..." Chaos In The White House by Bacon21(m): 10:40pm On Jul 29, 2017

(1) (Reply)

- / Kofi Annan Laid To Rest Amidst Tears(photos) / The Type Of Toy Sold To Children In America That Depicts Their President (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.