Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,803 members, 7,817,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Why Is There No Video From The Sessions Of Google CEO In Lagos? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why Is There No Video From The Sessions Of Google CEO In Lagos? (731 Views)

Hillary Yip, A 13 Years Teenage CEO In Hong Kong / 7-year-old Gets Response From Google’s CEO After Writing To Him Seeking a Job / 7-year-old Girl’s Awesome Letter To Google CEO Gets Elicits Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There No Video From The Sessions Of Google CEO In Lagos? by Deeldorado: 3:55am On Jul 28, 2017
I'm very disappointed that there is no video on the internet or youtube of Google CEO, Sundar Pichai's visit to Nigeria. Jack Ma, the founder of Alibaba was in Kenya and Tanzania and the sessions were live-streamed on youtube.

What is the take away from this visit if young and aspiring technology enthusiasts from different parts of Nigeria and elsewhere who were not present at the sessions cannot watch the proceedings?

I actually saw this as a good opportunity for us to showcase to the World the emergence of Nigeria as a technology hub in Africa and to put our technology companies like CcHub, Andela etc on the global spot light. And to tell the world that our young people have taken charge of their own lives.

It's unfortunate Nigerians cannot even get to watch the sessions not to talk of the world.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Video From The Sessions Of Google CEO In Lagos? by YourImaginaryBF: 5:11am On Jul 28, 2017
that you don't have access to it doesn't mean there's no video.
Re: Why Is There No Video From The Sessions Of Google CEO In Lagos? by Deeldorado: 5:49am On Jul 28, 2017
YourImaginaryBF:
that you don't have access to it doesn't mean there's no video.

The lack of access is exactly my point. Should it be difficult to access the videos? Why was the event not live-streamed? Should we be begging to access videos from what is supposed to be a launch of products for the public? Or are the celebrities at the event the only ones that will use the products. If you have the video of him speaking at the launch of the products, please share. I don't mean a video of him visiting the Minister.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Video From The Sessions Of Google CEO In Lagos? by ITbomb(m): 5:57am On Jul 28, 2017
Maybe dem no get data
Re: Why Is There No Video From The Sessions Of Google CEO In Lagos? by dragnet: 8:32am On Jul 28, 2017
Deeldorado:

I actually saw this as a good opportunity for us to showcase to the World the emergence of Nigeria as a technology hub in Africa and to put our technology companies like CcHub, Andela etc on the global spot light. And to tell the world that our young people have taken charge of their own lives.

It's unfortunate Nigerians cannot even get to watch the sessions not to talk of the world.

We don't need to showcase anything, the world knows already cheesy
Re: Why Is There No Video From The Sessions Of Google CEO In Lagos? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:31am On Jul 28, 2017
Deeldorado:
I'm very disappointed that there is no video on the internet or youtube of Google CEO, Sundar Pichai's visit to Nigeria. Jack Ma, the founder of Alibaba was in Kenya and Tanzania and the sessions were live-streamed on youtube.

What is the take away from this visit if young and aspiring technology enthusiasts from different parts of Nigeria and elsewhere who were not present at the sessions cannot watch the proceedings?

He came like a thief in the night, his mission unclear. No foreigner will solve Nigeria's problems. Take that to the bank.
Re: Why Is There No Video From The Sessions Of Google CEO In Lagos? by Deeldorado: 12:34pm On Jul 28, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

He came like a thief in the night, his mission unclear. No foreigner will solve Nigeria's problems. Take that to the bank.

Did you really read my post? I did not allude to any foreigner solving Nigeria's problems. Has he finished solving Google problems? I am saying that with or without government, a lot of young people in Nigeria have taken their destiny into their hands and what is driving this self-empowerment in the absence of governance is the internet and technology. If the CEO of the leading internet and technology firm is coming to Nigeria, the least they could have done was to live stream the events so that young technology and internet enthusiasts in Nigeria who were not invited will follow the proceedings and be inspired. It is not Omotola or any Nollywood actress that will use those Google products they launched. It is me and you.
Re: Why Is There No Video From The Sessions Of Google CEO In Lagos? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:45pm On Jul 28, 2017
Deeldorado:

Did you really read my post? I did not allude to any foreigner solving Nigeria's problems. Has he finished solving Google problems? I am saying that with or without government, a lot of young people in Nigeria have taken their destiny into their hands and what is driving this self-empowerment in the absence of governance is the internet and technology. If the CEO of the leading internet and technology firm is coming to Nigeria, the least they could have done was to live stream the events so that young technology and internet enthusiasts in Nigeria who were not invited will follow the proceedings and be inspired. It is not Omotola or any Nollywood actress that will use those Google products they launched. It is me and you.

I don't get your rant.
I made a comment about Pinchar; not about your post
Re: Why Is There No Video From The Sessions Of Google CEO In Lagos? by sosy25: 7:54am On Aug 01, 2017
Here are three videos. I hope you would be okay with these videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VijSQFDXQgQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyJN8f5nTYU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0MOy96TrVw

[quote author=Deeldorado post=58901628]I'm very disappointed that there is no video on the internet or youtube of Google CEO, Sundar Pichai's visit to Nigeria. Jack Ma, the founder of Alibaba was in Kenya and Tanzania and the sessions were live-streamed on youtube.

It's unfortunate Nigerians cannot even get to watch the sessions not to talk
Re: Why Is There No Video From The Sessions Of Google CEO In Lagos? by sosy25: 8:00am On Aug 01, 2017
Here are three videos. I hope you would be okay with these videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VijSQFDXQgQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyJN8f5nTYU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0MOy96TrVw

Deeldorado:

Re: Why Is There No Video From The Sessions Of Google CEO In Lagos? by Deeldorado: 8:59am On Aug 01, 2017

(1) (Reply)

. / Where To Get Pcb Materials In Lagos / Hello Everyone, I Am From China,i Hope To Help You. Can Be Friends With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.