Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case (18588 Views)

Gay Leader Who Defiles Underage Boys Caught In Oyigbo, Rivers (Video) / Blessing Ogwara Elopes With Ekpo Rank In Delta. Girl's Family Laments / The Indian Teacher Who Raped 11-Year-Old Nigerian Boy In School Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by zinachidi(m): 5:17am On Jul 28, 2017
A former youth leader of the People’s Democratic Party in Ward 3, Calabar South local government area of Cross River State, Mr. Augustine Sunday Bassey, popularly referred to as ‘Kufre’ who was arrested on July 10, 2017, for raping an 11-year-old girl around the Lagos Street axis of Calabar South Local Government Area has been recently released from police detention under very suspicious circumstances.

Mr Bassey who was detained at the State Criminal Investigation Department, Calabar, was alleged to have raped the child in his shop under the pretence of running an errand for him.

While sharing the horrible experience with a correspondent or Cross River Watch at the office of Basic Rights Counsel Initiative (BRCI) a Calabar-based child protection NGO, the victim (name withheld) recounted how the suspect, who is their neighbour had sent her to buy fermented cassava (popularly known as Fufu).

“When I got back and gave him the Fufu, he insisted I drop it inside the shop. When I dropped it and wanted to come out, he pushed me inside the shop covered my mouth and threatened to beat me if I don’t keep quiet.”Augustine then went on to forcefully remove her pants and raped her.

SEE ALSO: Wike orders prosecution of 2015 APC deputy gov. candidate over murder of corper
For fear of what her mother might do to her, the victim confided in her cousin who then disclosed the matter to her mother who went ahead to report the matter to the Police Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).

BRCI immediately stepped into the matter and asked the police to charge the matter to court soon after facilitating medical treatment for the child and obtaining a medical report.

However, information filtering in has it that the family of the victim has been under pressure to drop the case with the promise of receiving compensation from the family of the suspect.

The Program Manager of Basic Rights Counsel Initiative, Theresa Okpa who spoke with our correspondent said that the father of the victim, Peter Udo had visited their office in the company of the victim’s mother and another relative, appealing to them to drop the matter as they were no longer interested in charging it to court, but will rather settle amicably with the suspect and his family who had offered NGN300,000 in return for dropping the charge.

All efforts to counsel the victim’s parents on the need to press for justice for their child and other alleged victims proved to be abortive as the family insisted on settling out of court and receiving the said amount.

“If this is allowed to fly, then we have a disaster on our hands, as perpetrators of rape against our children will continue to walk free, and that means our children are not safe”, BRCI’s Program Manager decried.

http://politicsngr.com/2017/07/28/former-pdp-youth-leader-raped-11-year-old-bribes-girls-family-bury-case/

Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by YourImaginaryBF: 5:20am On Jul 28, 2017
nawa o

1 Like

Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by optional1(f): 5:32am On Jul 28, 2017
11years old

which kind stup!t country be this for crying out loud.
Shame we don't have.

9 Likes

Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by remi1444: 5:38am On Jul 28, 2017
if he can settle the family 5billion naira I will be cool, if not let the legal firework boil his dïck that he used in penetrating a minor.

3 Likes

Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by Atiku2019: 5:56am On Jul 28, 2017
#NotTooYoungToRun.
Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by Sugarcious(m): 6:33am On Jul 28, 2017
Atiku2019:
#NotTooYoungToRun.

Nigeria youths are not ready to take the mantle of leadership in this country. It is not about youth or old, everything points down to our individual values and standards.
Everyone one of them are the same.

5 Likes

Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by Jabioro: 6:44am On Jul 28, 2017
The family should raise the stake.. #300k is too small, they should measure everything are well documented because by tomorrow he is coming to seek your vote for political office.. bring out all the evidences and rub it to his dirty face.Anofia!

1 Like

Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by originalKsp(m): 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2017
"All efforts to counsel the victim’s parents on
the need to press for justice for their child
and other alleged victims proved to be abortive
as the family insisted on settling out of court
and receiving the said amount."

The poor parents probably gave up under threat....the press do not know what goes on behind the scene

modelmike7:
What a country!
In a sane society, this guy will be locked up for 30 years.
Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2017
What a country! In a sane society, this guy will be locked up for 30 years.
Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 28, 2017
Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 28, 2017
Dem must drag PDP enter... grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by NwaAmaikpe: 12:04pm On Jul 28, 2017
shocked

He did the right thing by settling out of court with the girl's family.
The Nigerian judicial system is a sham.

1 Like

Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by GeneralOjukwu: 12:04pm On Jul 28, 2017
May ALL rapists rot in Hell angry

3 Likes

Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by IJOBA2: 12:04pm On Jul 28, 2017
TONYEBARCANISTA OYA COME AND MASTURBATE HEREgrin

1 Like

Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by Cladez(m): 12:04pm On Jul 28, 2017
This old man? Youth leader?

I duff cap for naija
Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by osegoseg(m): 12:05pm On Jul 28, 2017
Those parents are as wicked as the rapist... angry

1 Like

Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by blackbeau1(f): 12:05pm On Jul 28, 2017
There's a reason we are having more and more of this kind of cases. It's because the offenders are punished lightly or not even punished. Now imagine a case where offenders are hung or shot or maybe their own children are made to have a taste of what the put other children through, I bet we would have a decrease in the rate of adults raping kids. Say NO TO PAEDOPHILIA

2 Likes

Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by wwwkaycom(m): 12:05pm On Jul 28, 2017
PDP has been raping Nigeria since 1999. They deserved serious brain reset

Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by NCANTaskForce: 12:06pm On Jul 28, 2017
Buhari that raped Aisha nko

2 Likes

Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by dailyguide(m): 12:06pm On Jul 28, 2017
Nice update
Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by hakimi1974(m): 12:08pm On Jul 28, 2017
they should burn his peckers with hot pressing iron.
Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by yemmight(m): 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2017
How irritating I feel anytime I hear cases like this. How could you rape 11 year old smally? Which enjoyment? Do you have conscience that the little girl belong to a family and probably you may destroy her life forever because the memory of such action will never leave. We have heard that once a rape case like this has been established, it is either life imprisonment or culprit spend minimum of 18 years as recommended in Naija's law. So why letting the idiot go? Jungle justice should also be extended to cases like this too.
Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by Edu3Again: 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2017
NCANTaskForce:
Buhari that raped Aisha nko
Moslems are allowed to marry under aged girls, Christians are not

https://www.naij.com/40464.html
Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by Promismike(m): 12:11pm On Jul 28, 2017
shocked
Some zombies, as expected will invade this news. Shouting PDP! Evil! Forgetting that their slave master Buhari raped Aisha at the age of 11. But was kind enough to marry her. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by mark2sunny(m): 12:11pm On Jul 28, 2017
The number of prisoners in jail has never reduced the rate of crime in the country. And pushing for his prosecution is welcomed if its going to repair the damage done.

The issue for court processes is that it affects the child too. Imagine your own child brought to court and sometimes pictures will be taken and released, these things can unsettle the child.

My concern is the child and no one else. Settling out of court for me is ok. It will save the child lots of trauma.

But how can an 11yr old child arouse an adult. There has to be a problem somewhere. Sometimes am forced to believe there's a spiritual undertone in all of these. Like sleeping with a virgin for spiritual fortification and satanic power.

1 Like

Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by Divay22(f): 12:12pm On Jul 28, 2017
300 hundred thousand naira
No money is enough to free that child from the emotional trauma she'll go through....
Drastic actions need to be taken, and not arresting them and later their family will want to pleased for settlement....
Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by henrystar: 12:14pm On Jul 28, 2017
Atiku2019:
#NotTooYoungToRun.

Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by Nov6(m): 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2017
cry what is 300k?

It is obvious they have been threatned...
Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by VajanahDischaj(f): 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2017
Rituals oooh! They should be 'lynching ' these baskards.

1 Like

Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by martineverest(m): 12:16pm On Jul 28, 2017
I guess he is a northerner, cos southerners think only northerners are pedophiles
Re: Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case by eyinjuege: 12:19pm On Jul 28, 2017
kinginvagina , Brown14 , falconey , jeffrizzy1 , yanabasee , shege45
See the reason why a lot of girls say they were raped during their childhood?

Because they were!

Paedophiles everywhere...
I will keep mentioning you guys whenever I come across these stories on NL. A tip of the iceberg btw.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities / Bandits Confirm Kidnap Of 156 Niger Pupils, Demand ₦110 Million / Wike Urges Council Chairmen, Youths To Fish Out IPOB Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.