Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . (23344 Views)

Achebe’s "Things Fall Apart" Named In Bbc’s 100 Stories That Shaped The World / How An Encounter With A Marijuana Smoker Helped Solved My Problem- Johnspeak / 6 Silly Questions That Can Give You Breakthrough In Your Talent Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . by Tracy11kenne: 8:40am On Jul 29, 2017
[color=#990000][/color][s][/s]this so true

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 29, 2017
CAPITAL is the CORE killer/undertaker of most TALENTS!
Re: 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . by 12345baba(m): 9:50am On Jul 29, 2017
Person fit get brain cancer with all this questions
Re: 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . by harriet412(f): 10:22am On Jul 29, 2017
The questions are not all that silly per say..
Those questions are guides that helps u reset ur brain to reality and makes u conscious of what u set out to be...

2 Likes

Re: 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . by bluejean(f): 10:45am On Jul 29, 2017
KayDEAN:
Too many questions, haba, our brain na SD card? These questions are okay for reads but when a real life situation kicks in, all ull ask yourself is
Is it legal?
Where will I get capital?
#no time my guy undecided

u will answer ds questions eventually. it's may not be as stratified as ds when u do. u av them in ur head for sure

2 Likes

Re: 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . by frubben(m): 11:49am On Jul 29, 2017
Who u epp
Dis question should let u know wat work for u might not work for other cos we are different
Re: 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . by ChinagoChiBoy: 12:14pm On Jul 29, 2017
As didactic as this masterpiece sounds, the questions that should agitate the minds of every thinking person is;

Is it practicable?

How many people has engaged in this thought provoking venture?.
PLEASE take a minute and show me some love.
IT IS MY FIRST TIME TO COMMENT ON NAIRALAND...

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
Maximize Your Talents: These tips will help you stand out from the crowd.

1. CHOOSE YOUR AUDIENCE. I've always advised most people that come to me to help them kick start their God given talents to always target a particular group of people. For instance, if you can speak fluently then you shouldn't target the uneducated because they won't understand you and that may make your efforts to produce no or less results. Choosing a particular audience will also help you in choosing the right media platforms to promote yourself and also the kind of gigs you attend. For instance, as a motivational speaker, my target audience are the educated. And I also target a particular social class but that is a discussion for another day. Choose your target audience and save yourself some troubles.

2. STOP CHASING AFTER TWO RABBITS. Mark Twain said "Behold the fool said, 'put not all thine eggs in one basket' which is but a manner of saying, 'scatter your money and attention.' But the wise saith, 'put all thine eggs in one basket and watch that basket." Having a vision for your life and sticking to it is a great way to stand out as a talentpreneur. Let people know you for one thing. George Robson said after winning the Indianapolis 500: "All I had to do was keep turning left." This doesn't mean that you shouldn't engage in other ventures, but never you allow the other ventures overshadow your first love. For instance, being a musician or chef doesn't mean you shouldn't act in movies if you can, but never you act more than you sing. Lets also learn from Walt Disney who said "l love Mickey mouse more than any woman I've ever known." And that's focus!

3. GET CRAZY A BIT. Get crazy a bit, bring out something that has never been seen before. Be unique. Create your own style; hairstyle, dress style, speaking style, dance style, in fact, just do something unique. Unleash the creative genius inside you. Please understand that some people in an attempt to be creative tend to portray a brand that may affect not just their present but also their future identity in a negative way. Creating your own style sometimes may not be accepted by others, but if you mind every oppositions to your creativity you won't go far. Your own style of cracking jokes, dance, singing, speaking, dressing etc. is very vital to Standing out in your career. In order to successfully create your own style, you'd need to know more about people in your chosen field of endeavor. otherwise, how'd you know if someone else is not using the exact style you've chosen.

4. BE A GIVER. Almost everyone love a giver. Some people may not have benefited from your giving directly but they will respect you when they're sure that your giving is genuine and not some PR stunt. People will always remember how and what you gave than how you sang, danced, or spoke. Be a genuine giver because according to the holy book, charity covers up multitude of sin.

5. BE THE SPOUSE OF EXCELLENCE. According to Abraham Lincoln "whatever you are, be a good one." There are different kinds of people in life. There are those whose minds can easily be captured by heart touching stories about you, there're those whose minds can easily be captured with philanthropic giving, but most enlightened people will be attracted to you based on how good you are. So therefore, develop yourself by going for training and retraining or you will go out of vogue.

6. SHARE A LITTLE SECRET ABOUT YOU. Most often, people will remember you because of a secret you shared about you. I believe that one of the things that have attracted the world to the American pastor Joyce Meyer was her story of how she was sexually abused by her father. Heart touching stories about you can help to turn the eyes of the media to your direction thereby picking you out from the crowd. For instance, if you're an addict, innocently convicted, or had been physically or sexually abused, share it. Don't be shy about it. Sharing your story 'd not only make others talk about theirs, it will also make you a role model and also provide you with speaking gigs for you to share your story and how you overcame. The world will always beam its searchlight on anyone who has gone through tougher times to emerge a success.

7. WHAT'S YOUR NAME? Get a name that can easily be pronounced and remembered. If people can easily pronounce your name, then, it will be easier for them to remember you. For instance, as a motivational speaker, I've discovered that my name tend to stand out anywhere I go. Some people have had to attend some programs that I have been invited to just to see the guy who bears Johnspeak Uwangue. If your name is too long or too common, change it, or remove some letters. There is a model client of mine that I'm doing brand development and public relations for. Her name is Elizabeth but I told her that the name Elizabeth is very common and won't help her stand out. So, we had to shorten her name to Eli Ebosele which sounds more unique. So therefore, get a name that portrays the field you're into or going into and also the brand you want to be identified with.

8. BE YOU! Being you is a vital ingredient for standing out in the crowd. Don't live two lives because people are not fools, they will eventually know and when they do, you'd lose their trust, love and respect. If you have a personality that is not appealing, work on it rather than cover it with a fake life. Nobody wants to identify with a fake person. Let the you in private be the you in public.

9. STOP RUNNING AWAY FROM LIONS. In any field of talentpreneurship that you have chosen, never you throw away difficult tasks but rather, face them. The man/woman who is able to turn mountains to plain ground is the person that the world would want to know. If you want to stand out as a Talentpreneur, then you must be prepared to take on what scares others away. No wonder John Mason (author, Why ask why) said "Choose a task for which you're willing to exchange a piece of your life."
SUCCEED YOU MUST.
(c) Johnspeak Uwangue Motivational Speaker, Talent and Life Coach. He's the CEO /Lead Consultant at April30 Nigeria Limited.
Do you have questions or you need a Talent and Life Coach to guide you to your dreams? Please send an email to: Johnspeaklife@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . by Olachase(m): 5:07pm On Jul 29, 2017
Okay

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . by 0079jaBond(m): 6:55pm On Jul 29, 2017
Nice one Op.
Can we connect on Facebook? @JohnspeakU

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . by MightyFortress: 11:27am On Jul 30, 2017
Them questions are imperative... not silly at all.

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 02, 2017
AreaFada2:
Good one.
Thanks. I am happy you learnt something from it.
Re: 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
KayDEAN:
Too many questions, haba, our brain na SD card? These questions are okay for reads but when a real life situation kicks in, all ull ask yourself is
Is it legal?
Where will I get capital?
#no time my guy undecided

Kaydean
Your brain has the capacity to store a whole library if you allow it to. Money is not the real thing in growing our career, if you miss it at the planning stage, you may end up wasting N10million when given.
Re: 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
kokomaster4d:
Good

Kokomaster4d
Thanks. Please follow me on NL cos I'm here with goodies for your growth and profiting.
Re: 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 02, 2017
serverconnect:
Nice one
Severconnect
Thanks

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 02, 2017
sathel:
woo I can't be thinking like this jor my life should just be running as e like for now
Sathel Your life shouldn't be
Re: 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 02, 2017
Deseo:
Succeed I must!
Deseo
Yes you must dear

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 02, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:
They sound simple, but life depends on them.

Good one OP.

PatriotTemidayo
Thanks
Re: 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 02, 2017
frubben:
Who u epp
Dis question should let u know wat work for u might not work for other cos we are different

Frubben

Thank God you said "might", that's, there is the possibility of it working.
Re: 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . by frubben(m): 12:13pm On Aug 03, 2017
JohnspeakU:

Frubben

Thank God you said "might", that's, there is the possibility of it working.
yes boss
Re: 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . by Classicinfospot(m): 5:42pm On Dec 23, 2017
Are you down and you need some words to boost your morale? Then, these 25 Powerful Quotes are what you need.
Re: 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 28, 2017
0079jaBond:
Nice one Op. Can we connect on Facebook? @JohnspeakU
Yes why not. @johnspeaksuwangue
Re: 10 Silly Questions That Helped Shaped My Life . by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 28, 2017
MightyFortress:
Them questions are imperative... not silly at all.

Okay. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dinner For Two / The Tutorial / Masquerades Of The Nulin Nations (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.