Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life (20222 Views)

8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand / See Photos Of The World’s Craziest Limousines – Which Would You Pick? / Mercedes Overtakes BMW As Biggest Luxury Car Brand. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by dotedote: 11:00am On Jul 29, 2017
BMW
Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by pinkyruledworld(m): 11:19am On Jul 29, 2017
tmanis:
mah nigGa.. ..Cruise comfortablyto drop the kids in school, drive to the grocery store and then smoke everything on the road on your way back home grin
na so the thin go
Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by mrstheo(f): 11:29am On Jul 29, 2017
Mercedes benz for life
Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:32am On Jul 29, 2017
mrstheo:
Mercedes benz for life
You can say that again.

If you don't have a Benz you don't have a car yet.

1 Like

Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by viktagorion: 11:49am On Jul 29, 2017
Benz na
Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by RRWraith(m): 11:50am On Jul 29, 2017
Rolls Royce it is for ℓife. WRAITH for ℃ruising and speed DAWN for outing with friends and picnic PHANTHOM for the dates and official (chauffeur) outing GHOST for going to the office. CULLINAN for family
Rolls anyday

1 Like

Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by Zieristclair(m): 11:55am On Jul 29, 2017
Cadillac escalade
Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by Imerson(m): 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2017
that should be Benz off course, some people don't understand the question. the vehicle that can take you through your life. bro you need a rugged car that can last for thirty years and still on the road. see Benz 200 calculate the life span of it. one thing on Benz is that anybody that is accustomed with its performance and it's ballance talk of steering flexibility will always go for it
Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by asaajuomo1(m): 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2017
HONDA
Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by Danfuster(m): 1:58pm On Jul 29, 2017
PaperLace:

Which Japanese cars?

I want to believe if you try your great manoeuvre with a[b] German car that has poor centre of gravity[/b], you will land inside the bush_ if not in heaven.

exactly @ Daimler has never built a car without low center of gravity; hardly would you find any German that does... matter of fact, you should say "thank you" to Daimler Benz for Inventing and innovating the ABS system that is now standard on all vehicle
Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by nextstep(m): 2:10pm On Jul 29, 2017
I need a reliable and functional brand with easily available parts and cheap to fix. Still stylish but not too expensive in each class. Toyota all the way.

I don't want a Benz that costs somebody's school fees to repair common water pump
Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by Danfuster(m): 2:10pm On Jul 29, 2017
PaperLace:

I never said Japanese cars have better centre of gravity _ neither do I think centre of gravity is dependent on Japanese or German but what the brand has in mind.

Most sedans have low centre of gravity which I consider good enough. SUVs are actually more prone to rolling over because of their higher centre of gravity. They are better at head-on collision and have more balance while on speed due to greater mass...not for great manoeuvres (at least up to some limit).

What is the function of the (rear) axle? I believe to transfer engine power to the wheels and carry the weight of a vehicle. How does it come into play here? (That's in relation to poor centre of gravity _not comparison between FWD/RWD/4WD/AWD) Enlighten and correct me anywhere I am wrong.

countersteering...countersteering my dear.

Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by kadara2041: 2:36pm On Jul 29, 2017
McTobe:
y is everyone saying Mercedes Benz, I thought they say it has very high fuel consumption plus high maintenance cost. can someone plz clear my doubts.
I have a Mercedes and a Toyota Highlander. Mercedes is far superior in drive handling, smoothness, stability. The fuel consumption of Mercedes is exceptional.Very pocket friendly!
Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by kings11ng(m): 2:51pm On Jul 29, 2017
Toyota Camry
Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by Fawklicant: 2:53pm On Jul 29, 2017
mercedes
Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 29, 2017
Automobili Lamborghini any time... if i have a second choice, BENZene too is okay
Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 29, 2017
all these one wey never buy bicycle for their life self dey shout "Benz for life"..
better go check the garri wey you soak b4 he over swell

1 Like

Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by Kentazzz: 3:12pm On Jul 29, 2017
#singing# if I get money ehhhh....... Dreaming mercedez glk 350 with psalm 121 on my lips.
Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by bejeria101(m): 3:39pm On Jul 29, 2017
The mercedes benz S550 AMG
Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by Ewedegubbler: 5:30pm On Jul 29, 2017
i will stay with my beloved Mercedes till i die..
Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by Ten06(m): 5:48pm On Jul 29, 2017
Toyota
Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by McTobe(m): 5:52pm On Jul 29, 2017
kadara2041:

I have a Mercedes and a Toyota Highlander. Mercedes is far superior in drive handling, smoothness, stability. The fuel consumption of Mercedes is exceptional.Very pocket friendly!
Really? Mercedes Benz more pocket friendly than Toyota Highlander, what of in comparison to any other Toyota Saloon Car
Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 29, 2017
Danfuster:

exactly @ Daimler has never built a car with low center of gravity; hardly would you find any German that does... matter of fact, you should say "thank you" to Daimler Benz for Inventing and innovating the ABS system that is now standard on all vehicle
Hahahah, been long I saw your post.
Thank you. You guys at Mercedes have done us a lot of good.
Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by Bright2(m): 8:08pm On Jul 29, 2017
Hidentity:

Hello friend,

Please tell me more about why you prefer Honda

The parts are available and accessible of which the key to all cars is maintenance. I use 2007 Honda pilot and since I've been using that car I've not got any serious issue than the normal services of oil change.
The acceleration is as smooth as private jet, the speed and traction
Is superb and most especially, I can't do without Honda's interior.
Try it and tank me later.
Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by Bright2(m): 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2017
neonly:

What

Yes! That's the car I've been using since 2012 and realised people quote Honda wrongly from other people's experience without verification.

Am in luv with my pilot.

1 Like

Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 29, 2017
wristbangle:

You are not wrong, I just chip in that topic of discussion (rear axle)

Your analysis is correct brother sister. However you would still agree with me that most European automobile brands are more durable and reliable than their Japanese counterparts considering the engine performance, manoeuvring and other factors.

Permit me to digress a bit, have u seen most sport cars are Europeans and Americans dominated cars.. cool
Yes, I have seen that. You know a large number of Japanese cars are built for the masses, everyone can own and care for one.

You and manoeuvring, mbok no kill yourself.
Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by Hidentity(m): 10:10pm On Jul 29, 2017
Bright2:

The parts are available and accessible of which the key to all cars is maintenance. I use 2007 Honda pilot and since I've been using that car I've not got any serious issue than the normal services of oil change.
The acceleration is as smooth as private jet, the speed and traction
Is superb and most especially, I can't do without Honda's interior.
Try it and tank me later.

I am trying. Cruising a baby boy now. I'm weary of the wheel problem that is common to them though. Had the choice between it and Camry, opted for it, but I hope I won't regret it. But truly, the speed and traction are great, and the interior is cool.
Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by Bright2(m): 11:16pm On Jul 29, 2017
[quote author=Hidentity post=58961296]

I am trying. Cruising a baby boy now. I'm weary of the wheel problem that is common to them though. Had the choice between it and Camry, opted for it, but I hope I won't regret it. But truly, the speed and traction are great, and the interior is cool.[/quoteZ

I think end of discussion rocks better than baby boy but how ever, be maintenance conscious when it due for.

For me,there's nothing any body can do to discourage me about my Honda cos when am it I don't drive , I pilot it and it fly.

#Honda pilot.

1 Like

Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jul 29, 2017
smiley

Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by wristbangle: 7:39am On Jul 30, 2017
PaperLace:

Yes, I have seen that. You know a large number of Japanese cars are built for the masses, everyone can own and care for one.

You and manoeuvring, mbok no kill yourself.

Lol between is that your picture being drawn on ur dp? cool
Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by Danfuster(m): 9:49am On Jul 30, 2017
PaperLace:

Hahahah, been long I saw your post.
Thank you. You guys at Mercedes have done us a lot of good.

LOL...witty you grin. life can be pretty challenging. what did i miss? cool
Re: Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life by Danfuster(m): 9:54am On Jul 30, 2017
EgunMogaji:
smiley

just dey your abroad with that "T", if you reason ship ham home, port rat go steal your battery do better inverter for here cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Does It Mean To Have “mansory” Attached To The Name Of A Car? / VW Resumes Vehicle Assembling In Nigeria …after 20years / Pros And Cons Of Electric Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.