Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,263 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

The Nigeria I See, I Hope And The Biafra I Vision - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Nigeria I See, I Hope And The Biafra I Vision (404 Views)

Biafra: I Sacrificed My Parents - Nnamdi Kanu / Why Don't We Have Rollercoasters In Nigeria, I Like It / Have You Ever Seen An Electric Poll Like This In Nigeria? I Bet You Dont (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nigeria I See, I Hope And The Biafra I Vision by Thatlonevoice(m): 7:07pm On Jul 28, 2017
*THE NIGERIA I SEE, I HOPE AND THE BIAFRA I VISION*

Many friends of mine have sent countless number of write-ups,videos,memes from notable politicians, celebrities and bloggers. This they did to enquire about my say on Biafra agitations. At first I deemed it fit to let the sleeping dog. But my hands say otherwise.
Who on earth doesn't know the notable and industrious tribe called IGBOS. A tribe comprised of hardworking men and beautiful ladies of different respected calibre. I don't want to bore you with details about the history of IGBOS but hit the nail directly on the head. Pardon me... I beg.

The marginalization of IGBOS is not a new thing. Even a child of three years knows that. The recent killing spree aimed at this particular tribe is quite alarming. The Fulani herdsmen incident that took place in Ukpabi Nimbo community Uzo-Uwani LGA Enugu state on Monday 25th April will forever remain delible in our hearts. Over 40 lives were lost and properties worth millions of naira were destroyed. Imagine Aba located in Abia which produces close to a million of shoes, clothes and other accessories. Onitsha main market located in Anambra state which has been recorded as the largest market in West Africa. Yet the two states don't have an airport to boast of. Is this not the height of it all? Our bloods are hot, our temper has risen, our hairs are erect and our stark unclothedness has been exposed all in the pursuance of this Biafra land
But youths!... Read on

Nigeria is a country blessed by almighty God, comprised of over 250 ethnic groups and made up of 36 states. Nigeria as we speak is on the brink of division. A country that was laid on the blood of nationalist and courageous brothers from different tribes who died for the vision they foresaw. They believed that Nigeria is a home where peace will be our watchword and unity our support. They foresaw that the cause they are fighting for will be be acknowledge and respected. They foresaw a country devoid of sectionalism, religious extremism, political nepotism and at large tribalism. But the Nigeria I see now is a country meant only for the rich. Tribalism a saviour to our country and religion a benchmark for our existence . A country where looting, oil bunkering, rigging, political godfatherism and lots more are the order of the day. The rich keeps on enriching themselves and the poor gets poorer.

The Nigeria I hope is a land filled with milk and honey. Where the life of the other is our concern. Where there will be unity in diversity. A country where Odili, Usman and Akintola's opinion will be respected.

Biafra is who we are, Biafra is what we seek. Biafra can be said to be a conglomeration of IGBO speaking states and some selected tribes. The Biafra I vision is utterly a mirage. It's not what it seems to be. The first war fought which was spearheaded by Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu which accounted for over one million loss of lives and over two million war casualties. A war he led us into with spear and machetes, hoes and cutlasses against guns and armoured vehicles. A war he made us believe theoretically that victory was ours. A war that got many heroes killed. A war that made the crippled run, turned the blind into soldiers and the female folks an object of sexual ridicule. Oh God! Had we known. A war that took 70-85% of the labour force. A war Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu survived at the expense of millions of life. I call that war... "THE DELUDED BIAFRAN WAR".

The Biafra I vision will be gotten without guns and loss of lives but rather through talks . When achieved will be more deadlier than the deluded Biafran war. For crying out loud, the truth be told... We IGBOS don't love our selves. The success of one is at the expense of another's blood. Where blood money is a virtue and hardwork termed vice. Where deceit by political aspirants are acknowledged as the truth. The Biafra we seek is the one where commodities are bought at a cheaper rates and the prices are hiked? For instance peak milk is bought at #170 and sold at #250, laundry soaps are bought at #150 and sold at #220. Where our children's school fees exceed our daily income. The land where everyone will be at their whimps and caprices.

The political tussle associated with the actualization of Biafra will be a discourse for another day. We haven't even actualized our Biafran Dream yet some people are already creating scenes on social media about the state that will be the capital of Biafra.

I suggest that we all should think with our brains. James Alen once said "you are today where your thoughts have brought you, you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you". Let us critically think of what we are about to embark on and then decide. We are not animals where an ex convict emerges and decide our fate. I just love this quote by Sydney J. Harris "when we let somebody else decide what our reaction shall be, we are no longer free persons whether we decide to agree or disagree". Just like the winter coming, so is impending war advancing.

Youths of Nigeria ,I think our major concern now should be on how to make Nigeria better. The energy channelled into this massive actualization of Biafra when utilized will make Nigeria better and our nation will soar higher. Patience and wisdom are the virtues required. The key to everything is patience, you get the chick by hatching the egg not smashing it open.

I will end with a story. A boy heard of a wise man who knows all. So he decided to pay him a visit, he asked the wise man different brain racking questions in which the wise man answered and commended on the boy's brilliance. The boy unsatisfied went home and thought of how to prove to the whole world that the man ain't wise. He caught a bird, a little one of course and covered it in his fist and visited the wise man again, he asked the man "sir is this bird dead or alive "Thus he said so that if the man says yes its alive then he kills it but if he says no its not he spares the birds life. The wise man looked up and down and peered into the boys eyes and said "That this bird is alive or dead is in your hands ". So I say to my fellow youths whether Nigeria is divided or United is in our hands. The choice is ours to make.

*#Who shares in my vision*

*If you don't, let's hear your reason*

*#Proudly an IGBO*

*#Thatlonevoice*
(09031736184)

(1) (Reply)

AUDIO MP3 : Tina Louis Ft. Dnate — Come Closer / I Planned My Kidnap To Raise Funds For My Parents' Funeral- Pastor's Wife / #ibomfoodfest: Do You Know That Akwa Ibom Has Over 200 Cuisines?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.