Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Cheta Nwanze: This Is Why Nnamdi Kanu Will Succeed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cheta Nwanze: This Is Why Nnamdi Kanu Will Succeed (1895 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare: "I Will Succeed Buhari As President Of Nigeria" / Who Sold Nigeria To The British For £865k In 1899? - By Cheta Nwanze / Those Funding Nnamdi Kanu Will Be Exposed Soon – Al-mustapha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheta Nwanze: This Is Why Nnamdi Kanu Will Succeed by obiageIi(f): 8:56pm On Jul 28, 2017
A month ago, my boss, Kadaria and I, for a TV programme, The Core, got to interview Nnamdi Kanu. It was an interesting drive from the hotel to his place in Umuahia. Two things that struck me, the organisation of his movement, and how close the Kanu compound is, to the Abia Government House. For crying out loud, there were policemen, a symbol of the Nigerian state, just chilling, and watching the whole show.
Upon getting to the Kanu compound, we took a walk around, surveyed the crowd. There were at least twenty thousand people outside the compound, on Wednesday, 28 June 2017. A workday.
For me, this is where the problem is, and I talked about itextensively for The Cable. We need to, very urgently, create jobs for our young people. These are people, at the prime of their lives, and they have nothing else to do, but wake up, dress up, and go and congregate outside of a man’s house. Make no mistakes, this is not an Igbo problem, it is a Nigerian problem. I have seen it in Kano. I have seen it in Makurdi. I have seen it in Warri. I have seen it in Ibadan. I have seen it in Lagos. Young people, who have nothing to do, and as a result, become willing to listen to whoever has whatever to say.

https://orientaltimes.co/2017/07/28/cheta-nwanze-nnamdi-kanu-will-succeed/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Re: Cheta Nwanze: This Is Why Nnamdi Kanu Will Succeed by obiageIi(f): 8:58pm On Jul 28, 2017
But there is another problem that bears noting — the cost of driving away some of our brightest young minds. On that day in Umuahia, I met a very interesting young man.
This young man’s story is at once tragic and infuriating. That bird he was holding in his hands, it flies. He built it. It says a lot about what is between his ears. In 2013, this young man won a scholarship, to study Mechanical Engineering at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri. Four years later, and he has never been to that institution.
Why has he not been?
His money was edited.
Herein lies the very corrosive nature of the kind of corruption that we practice in these parts. We have been naive in shouting “corruption, corruption, corruption”, without attempting to understand the nature of our corruption.
Re: Cheta Nwanze: This Is Why Nnamdi Kanu Will Succeed by Buharimustgo: 9:01pm On Jul 28, 2017
I keep wondering why these unemployed youths have not revolted

1 Like

Re: Cheta Nwanze: This Is Why Nnamdi Kanu Will Succeed by obiageIi(f): 9:01pm On Jul 28, 2017
In Russia as an example, the siloviki, leave something for people lower down the food chain to feed on. That way, they are assured of some loyalty from those people. In Nigeria, our fat cats grab everything in sight.
This young man in this story has been carrying the newspaper clipping of his scholarship award, and his award letter, since 2013. He has been carrying two pieces of paper around for four years!
What does that tell you? It tells me that he is angry, and he is motivated. It matters not that the people who duped him are fellow Igbos. What matters is that his scholarship award letter has a Nigerian coat of arms. In his mind, it is Nigeria that has failed him, and he has logged out of Nigeria. Many in his shoes who have the means, simply dropped everything and moved abroad. He does not have that option, thus, when Nnamdi Kanu came on the scene, he found fertile ground in this young man’s heart. If Kanu is settled or neutralised, the young man’s problem will still remain. He is from a poor family, the kind who cannot afford even FUTO fees.
Re: Cheta Nwanze: This Is Why Nnamdi Kanu Will Succeed by freshest4live: 9:03pm On Jul 28, 2017
This was posted a while ago. Why do you guys keep recycling same story with different headlines?

3 Likes

Re: Cheta Nwanze: This Is Why Nnamdi Kanu Will Succeed by DLondonboiy: 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2017
Nigeria is a joke..

1 Like

Re: Cheta Nwanze: This Is Why Nnamdi Kanu Will Succeed by ESDKING: 9:17pm On Jul 28, 2017
This rubbish was posted here yesterday and I am here to give the same response.

Those that have clamoured and those still clamouring for secession in foreign countries, are they also suffering from joblessness ?

Spits !!

4 Likes

Re: Cheta Nwanze: This Is Why Nnamdi Kanu Will Succeed by lloydtruth: 9:26pm On Jul 28, 2017
Seun and the mods just saved a soul, one idi0t who couldn't bear the pains of seeing Nnamdi Kanu and Biafra news on the politics section, was commanding seun to move Nnamdi Kanu's news to sectional politics, within few seconds he got what he asked for, the mods helped him delete the post to save his sorry a$$.
One funny guy suggested that Buhari's News be moved to mortuary section grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Cheta Nwanze: This Is Why Nnamdi Kanu Will Succeed by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 28, 2017
I have nothing to add.

When people say Igbos are illiterate and Ignorant Youths, I said 'True'. The youths that are educated in this country even though they have no jobs have found themselves doing Yahoo Yahoo and the girls are doing 'runz' to survive. Now all over Lekki here there are many flats where 10 to 20 girls live in one compound and go out for hustling every other night, paying 7K to 10k per week. The country is just messed up. The ones who work are on 7AM to 5PM slavery because the salaries can not feed a healthy cow, not to talk of a human being.

I have written a piece of the causality of this growing issues worldwide. The income disparity between the rich and the poor, with the political class stealing everything and sending their kids out of the country. Now the country is just a zoo of poverty.

What will come next is very predictable because now the fear of soldiers and Police is gone.

1 Like

Re: Cheta Nwanze: This Is Why Nnamdi Kanu Will Succeed by mrvitalis(m): 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2017
5DMindset:
I have nothing to add.

When people say Igbos are illiterate and Ignorant Youths, I said 'True'. The youths that are educated in this country even though they have no jobs have found themselves doing Yahoo Yahoo and the girls are doing 'runz' to survive. Now all over Lekki here there are many flats where 10 to 20 girls live in one compound and go out for hustling every other night, paying 7K to 10k per week. The country is just messed up. The ones who work are on 7AM to 5PM slavery because the salaries can not feed a healthy cow, not to talk of a human being.

I have written a piece of the causality of this growing issues worldwide. The income disparity between the rich and the poor, with the political class stealing everything and sending their kids out of the country. Now the country is just a zoo of poverty.

What will come next is very predictable because now the fear of soldiers and Police is gone.

And you think Biafra will change this ??

Same people that voted t.a orji as senator after his failed 8 years ??
Let Nnamdi Kanu rule abia lets see how smart he is on governance
Let him ignore federal allocation and concentrate on igr cos in Biafra most of the federal revenue will be gone , so let's see how he will pay workers ,do road .build schools .creat employment with less than 50bn a year
Re: Cheta Nwanze: This Is Why Nnamdi Kanu Will Succeed by amarilo: 10:15pm On Jul 28, 2017
mrvitalis:

And you think Biafra will change this ??

Same people that voted t.a orji as senator after his failed 8 years ??
Let Nnamdi Kanu rule abia lets see how smart he is on governance
Let him ignore federal allocation and concentrate on igr cos in Biafra most of the federal revenue will be gone , so let's see how he will pay workers ,do road .build schools .creat employment with less than 50bn a year
You know quite well that Orji rigged the election so why bring that in.

2 Likes

Re: Cheta Nwanze: This Is Why Nnamdi Kanu Will Succeed by freshest4live: 10:34pm On Jul 28, 2017
ESDKING:
This rubbish was posted here yesterday and I am here to give the same response.

Those that have clamoured and those still clamouring for secession in foreign countries, are they also suffering from joblessness ?

Spits !!
Many of them clamoring in foreign countries are frustrated by tax and some are jobless.
Re: Cheta Nwanze: This Is Why Nnamdi Kanu Will Succeed by ESDKING: 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2017
lloydtruth:
Seun and the mods just saved a soul, one idi0t who couldn't bear the pains of seeing Nnamdi Kanu and Biafra news on the politics section, was commanding seun to move Nnamdi Kanu's news to sectional politics, within few seconds he got what he asked for, the mods helped him delete the post to save his sorry a$$.
One funny guy suggested that Buhari's News be moved to mortuary section grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin
Re: Cheta Nwanze: This Is Why Nnamdi Kanu Will Succeed by mrvitalis(m): 11:31pm On Jul 28, 2017
amarilo:
You know quite well that Orji rigged the election so why bring that in.

He didn't rig he bribed his way in ...those who accapeted that then will do it again

We need to get our mentality right first
Re: Cheta Nwanze: This Is Why Nnamdi Kanu Will Succeed by eunisam: 12:16am On Jul 29, 2017
Support BIAFRICA

(1) (Reply)

See Photos Of Governor Okowa With Uduaghan And Ogboru As APC Flags Off Campaign / People Of Sokoto Washing The Street, And Even Burning Broom. Reject Buhari / Saraki Welcomed With Shout Of “Thief” During A Campaign In Kwara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.