Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

What Is The Essence Of This "Programmed" Restriction On Nairaland? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is The Essence Of This "Programmed" Restriction On Nairaland? (920 Views)

How Many Clients Have You Gotten From Your Web Development Ad On Nairaland? / Abeg Who Programmed This Best Blogger Template In Nigeria / I Need A Responsive And Well Programmed PHP Script (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Essence Of This "Programmed" Restriction On Nairaland? by mediagenius: 12:30am On Jul 29, 2017
It is really fraustrating after registering on this site, and as a new member you are being restricted from posting on certain sections until after "few" weeks.

Of what benefit or use is that to this website? I recently introduced a friend to nairaland, and his major complaint was that he could not create topic in some session on the site.

Pls can this be reviewed? Seun, Lalasticlala

See pics below

Re: What Is The Essence Of This "Programmed" Restriction On Nairaland? by badthinds: 8:50am On Jul 29, 2017
If you own a forum yourself, you'll understand. Simple.

Sincerely, badthinds
Re: What Is The Essence Of This "Programmed" Restriction On Nairaland? by mediagenius: 11:16am On Jul 29, 2017
@badthinds

What are you talking about? If you have no answer, let the mentioned people give answer...i don't think I tag you. As a good ambassador of this forum both online and offline i think i should know and also ask questions when i observe certain things perhaps there are genuine reasons behind it.

Cc: Seun
Lalasticlala
Re: What Is The Essence Of This "Programmed" Restriction On Nairaland? by badthinds: 11:32am On Jul 29, 2017
First of all, my apologies for intruding - if that's what you call it.

You see, Mr genius, if things worked that way, I would have had nearly 20 accounts by now. Whenever I get banned or something, I could simply create another and begin to repost nonsense within a short time.

Secondly, people could just create accounts for the sole purpose of quick spam (most of those who endure and wait for the threshold commitment may end up being genuine).

This is by the way, you could pay deaf ears to me and sit waiting for the mentioned. Happy saturday.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of This "Programmed" Restriction On Nairaland? by mediagenius: 5:55pm On Jul 29, 2017
badthinds:
First of all, my apologies for intruding - if that's what you call it.

You see, Mr genius, if things worked that way, I would have had nearly 20 accounts by now. Whenever I get banned or something, I could simply create another and begin to repost nonsense within a short time.

Secondly, people could just create accounts for the sole purpose of quick spam (most of those who endure and wait for the threshold commitment may end up being genuine).

This is by the way, you could pay deaf ears to me and sit waiting for the mentioned. Happy saturday.

I am cool with your response but if you had responded similarly in the first place i wouldn't have shuned you, even the Almighty Facebook has a section for members' complaints and they are well responded to.

Every setting has an authority, and what i have just done is to call on the authorities of the site for explanation as a member of the forum.

(1) (Reply)

Did You Need An Adsense For Your Blog??? / How To Make OTP System Using Php / Social Media/blog Assistance Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.