Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,017 members, 7,810,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market (4744 Views)

CBN Sells N187b T-bills In One Week As Lending Rate Falls / CBN Sells $195m To Boost Forex Supply / CBN Sells $230 Million To 16 Banks, Boosts Financial Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by Truth234(m): 5:55am On Jul 29, 2017
In an effort to further boost business activities, the Central Bank of Nigeria on Friday sold another $462,336,426.74 to prop up the Naira value and improve consumer prices.

This was after the apex bank sold $194 million on Monday.

Mr. Isaac Okorafor, the Acting Director in charge of Corporate Communications of the Central Bank, said the intervention was in line with the CBN commitment to deepen and sustain flexibility in the forex market.

According to the acting director, the apex bank allocated $267.336, 426.74 to the Secondary Market Intervention Sales (SMIS), while $100 million was offered to the wholesale segment.

Okorafor said $50 million was appropriated to the Small and Medium Enterprises, SMEs, while the segment that oversees those requiring foreign exchange for Business/Personal Travel Allowances, Medical fees, and Tuition fees got the remaining $45 million.

Experts have hailed the CBN efforts at ensuring businesses and investors access foreign exchange market with ease.

The Naira remained steady following the decision of the monetary policy committee to leave rates unchanged on Tuesday.

Six out of the eight member committee voted to maintain the ongoing monetary policy, while the remaining two voted for rates reduction to ease loan burden and boost new job creation.

http://investorsking.com/cbn-sells-462m-boost-forex-market/
Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by Amoto94(m): 6:56am On Jul 29, 2017
This is good intervention yo ease the burden of the masses. I pray militants don't set us back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 29, 2017
The person above me is clearly anti-ipob, maybe the person below me will be the opposite. But who cares cheesy

Get passive income with bitcoin today.
Check my signature for more info.
Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by okonja(m): 7:42am On Jul 29, 2017
Nice development. I hope this is realistic and not just paper talk
Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by erico2k2(m): 7:42am On Jul 29, 2017
But the $ &£ are gaining in world market so this means nothing the £ just went to $1.30 plus this week . highest since brexit
Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by wellmax(m): 7:43am On Jul 29, 2017
Looks like mods are high on Dustin powder this morning

8 Likes

Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by Dayor100(m): 7:45am On Jul 29, 2017
Has this bring any changes to Nigeria? If truth is what u just posted
Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by leksmedia: 7:46am On Jul 29, 2017
They should sell to businesses that needs them and not for some religious vacations

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by Zico5(m): 7:47am On Jul 29, 2017
With the injection of daily forex, I wonder why the prices of our local foods like gaari, beans and others are on the daily rise. I wonder what could be the cause.
Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by Atiku2019: 7:47am On Jul 29, 2017
smiley
Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by Daeylar(f): 7:47am On Jul 29, 2017
wellmax:
Lol,
Modified: It's been fixed now
Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by HAH: 7:51am On Jul 29, 2017
Some pessimist will say for how long will this continue
Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by 989900: 7:51am On Jul 29, 2017
Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by Joshmedia1: 7:53am On Jul 29, 2017
Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by Fourwinds: 7:54am On Jul 29, 2017
wellmax:
I'm shocked too...
Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by Fourwinds: 7:56am On Jul 29, 2017
Zico5:
With the injection of daily forex, I wonder why the prices of our local foods like gaari, beans and others are on the daily rise. I wonder what could be the cause.
Nigerians are just wicked dats alll....initially they said it was dollar appreciation against the naira now what can they claim

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by nextprince: 7:58am On Jul 29, 2017
Very whooping amount.

I think govt can now go by further reducing the official exchange rate by, say, N30, bringing it down to 330/$.

Gradually, we are getting back on track.

1 Like

Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by nextprince: 7:59am On Jul 29, 2017
HAH:
Some pessimist will say for how long will this continue

Their wish, but it only remains a wish.
Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 29, 2017
Instead of developing other sectors to earn more forex and stabilize naira, they are throwing millions of dollars from oil money to defend naira.

This country is indeed a Zoo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by wristbangle: 8:08am On Jul 29, 2017
Zico5:

The law of demand and supply. They are yet to be surplus in the market and FG/state government ain't doing much to sustain the agricultural sector
Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by EvilMetahuman: 8:12am On Jul 29, 2017
Six out of the eight member committee voted to maintain the ongoing monetary policy, while the remaining two voted for rates reduction to ease loan burden and boost new job creation.

the six bastards are the reasons we are still buying dollars at 370 yeah.
It will not be well with them and their family.
Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by EvilMetahuman: 8:12am On Jul 29, 2017

Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by vedaxcool(m): 8:22am On Jul 29, 2017
EvilMetahuman:

Na real evilmetahuman you be.... Zero Chill
Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by vedaxcool(m): 8:27am On Jul 29, 2017
Fourwinds:
Nigerians are just wicked dats alll....initially they said it was dollar raise now what can they claim

True. We simply don't factor the wickedness of the average Nigerian business man.
Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by demorezy(m): 8:33am On Jul 29, 2017
From an economist point of view, that's a great step if the fund are not been indirectly released to their colleagues
Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by Shorsky1(m): 8:34am On Jul 29, 2017
CBN keeps on selling forex currencies to the commercial banks as well as to black market so as to boost the economy by reducing the stress most marketers undergoes in sourcing for these funds from neighbouring countries.Yet the price of imported goods is still very expensive.Just wondering when things will return to normal.
Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by daryoor(m): 10:42am On Jul 29, 2017
the intervention is not working
Re: CBN Sells $462m To Boost Forex Market by richard870(m): 1:34pm On Jul 29, 2017
why can't these fuuls peg d naira @250 to a dollar?

We need a Revolution in this Scam-a-country

#I'mTiredOfRetrogression!

(1) (Reply)

I Made My First Money Online!! / Airplane, Aeroplane For Sale In Abuja Nigeria / My Bitter Experience With Nonikings(shipping Agent)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.