Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. (3954 Views)

"My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out / SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network / How My Sim Card Got Fried By A Modem I Bought �� (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by happy662(m): 11:02pm On Jul 30, 2017
cynhamscakes:
Please kindly help me with solution to this problem.
About 4days ago, my phone SIM network bars just disappeared just like that. The phone didn't fall neither did any thing hit the phone. I removed the SIM cards and reinserted them back yet the signals didn't come up. I rebooted the phone, removed and reinserted the sims back again, the SIM 2 signal came up but when I tried making a call, it showed "radio off" and the signall disappeared.

The next day, the signals suddenly reappeared and remained till last night when they disappeared again.

When I switch it on in 'dual SIM settings" via settings menu, it automatically switches off.

Please what could be the problem? What is the possible solution?

I borrowed a phone to access my nairaland account that's how I was able to create this thread.

Thank you.
I also experienced dis. take ur fone to gionee center as long as ur fone is still under warranty it will be repaired free of charge
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by giftedben: 5:25pm On Jul 31, 2017
ShyCypher:

Yes.

As long as you don't intentionally drop it in your bathtub or smash its screen with a stone, it will last more than 4 years sef...

Please open the back case of your phone, now remove the battery, your phone is made in grin ?
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 31, 2017
giftedben:

Please open the back case of your phone, now remove the battery, your phone is made in grin ?

I never bashed Asian/Chinese made phones undecided so whats your point?

Is that truly your argument? Almost EVERY phone in the world is made in Asia - the iPhone included. Are you seriously comparing your Tecno, Infinix & Gionee to iPhone shocked shocked shocked
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by cynhamscakes(f): 7:41pm On Jul 31, 2017
ShyCypher:

I never bashed Asian/Chinese made phones undecided so whats your point?

Is that truly your argument? Almost EVERY phone in the world is made in Asia - the iPhone included. Are you seriously comparing your Tecno, Infinix & Gionee to iPhone shocked shocked shocked

My God!!! can you please respect those balls between your legs and shut up? Be a man biko. Life is not all about expensive phones. Like seriously
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 02, 2017
cynhamscakes:

My God!!! can you please respect those balls between your legs and shut up? Be a man biko. Life is not all about expensive phones. Like seriously

Again, I never said anything about the price - I insisted on QUALITY. I even suggested using THE SAME MONEY FOR THE GIONEE TO ACQUIRE A UK USED PHONE.. I never said anything like spend 300k on a new iPhone but as you have no more valid points to make, you are tryin' to deviate...

This is what happens when you communicate with people with single or double digit IQ levels. You seem like a really slow person honestly.
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by FiveNaira: 10:51pm On Aug 11, 2017
Clean Xperia Z3 for sale @ a give-away price.
....Let's talk: https:///send?phone=234908xxxx04&text=I%27m%20interested%20in%20buying%20the%20Xperiaz3%20you%20posted%20about!
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by phemmi1: 2:22pm On Aug 20, 2017
Please have you found any solution? I am having the exact same issue. Did like that a week ago and after 10hrs it just started picking network again. Only for yesterday for it to start again. Considering installing Indian rom but no guarantee

cynhamscakes:
Please kindly help me with solution to this problem.
About 4days ago, my phone SIM network bars just disappeared just like that. The phone didn't fall neither did any thing hit the phone. I removed the SIM cards and reinserted them back yet the signals didn't come up. I rebooted the phone, removed and reinserted the sims back again, the SIM 2 signal came up but when I tried making a call, it showed "radio off" and the signall disappeared.

The next day, the signals suddenly reappeared and remained till last night when they disappeared again.

When I switch it on in 'dual SIM settings" via settings menu, it automatically switches off.

Please what could be the problem? What is the possible solution?

I borrowed a phone to access my nairaland account that's how I was able to create this thread.

Thank you.
Re: Please Read: Gionee M5 No Longer Registering My Sim Cards. by cynhamscakes(f): 8:42pm On Aug 20, 2017
phemmi1:
Please have you found any solution? I am having the exact same issue. Did like that a week ago and after 10hrs it just started picking network again. Only for yesterday for it to start again. Considering installing Indian rom but no guarantee

I took the phone to GIONEE centre in Wuse and it was fixed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos - Apple Leaked The Surprise Iphone 12 Launch / GPRS configuration for Imate Jam pocket pc / Get Ur Opera Installed With Ease & Browsing Free With A Supper Speed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.