Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

DEAR DEBORAH (A Letter To My Niece) - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / DEAR DEBORAH (A Letter To My Niece) (455 Views)

A Thousand Roses: A Letter / A Letter To Nigeria President From The Desk Of The Needy / My Open Send Off Letter To 2016 - FATTKAY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

DEAR DEBORAH (A Letter To My Niece) by lalaponcus(m): 11:38am On Jul 29, 2017
DEAR DEBORAH (A letter to my niece)

Omo Alayo.

Booni oo.
Uncle Bashorun watches your growth with a keen eye;

Awaiting to see your manifestation as a Zoe
Awaiting to see kingdoms tremble at the sound of your coming.
Awaiting to see your lance stained with ichor from the wounds inflicted on the foe called fear.

Awaiting to watch you reclaim the belongings of the weak from the strong men who dispossessed them.
Awaiting to watch you spread out your arms to embrace the low spirited ones and infuse strenght to their bones.

Awaiting to see you consult the great books with a burning desire to invent cures to benefit the world.
Awaiting to see you fall, yet standing back up, and repeating the circle until you rise to fall no more.

Awaiting to see you race to the cross for succor and to grandma for wisdom.
Awaiting to see you grow in wisdom so as to become a great niece to Atinuke when the little one would finally come.

Deborah o.
Your uncle pens these prayers for your dearest papa and mama.

A prayer that their bond of love and friendship would never break
Rather, like a fine wine, they shall value each other better with every passing day.

A prayer that they would never lack.
With the yams of favour, their barns shall be full.
With the fishes of good health, their ponds shall be filled.
With the ugwu of wisdom, their farms shall be full
With the cowries of good money, their banks shall be filled.
With the goldfish of mercies, their tanks shall be filled.
With the spice of 'love nwantintin', their soups shall be filled.
With the paste of seasoned words, their mouths shall be brushed.

Deborah o.
Your uncle sends his love.
#BASHORUN

Okontas.com

(1) (Reply)

Tears Of The Rain / teacher's note / A Poetic Story of Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.