Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,716 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:21 AM

More Than 40 Software Applications Are Accessible - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / More Than 40 Software Applications Are Accessible (495 Views)

Web Designing Companies In Abuja Accessible To All Nigerians With Contact Detail / Four Applications You Must Have On Your Phone As A Blogger / Affordable Web & Mobile Applications Developer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

More Than 40 Software Applications Are Accessible by ikpeni001(m): 9:18am On Jul 30, 2017
The Free Web Applications offers the most famous apps online as well as apps that we thought would be useful for ikpenistephen.net Hosting’s customers.

Besides famous web applications such as Wordpress or Joomla™, you will find apps like Gallery – a simple–to–use gallery script, OpenRealty® – an application for realtors, OpenCart – a great e–commerce web application, and lots of others. Currently, we’ve got more than forty web applications and the list is constantly growing so as to answer your necessities.
Read more: https://ikpenistephen.net/shared-hosting-service/web-applications/

How cPanel Website Hosting Operates
For your info, it's useful to be aware that most of the cPanel-based website hosting offers on the contemporary website hosting marketplace are furnished by a quite insubstantial business segment (as far as annual cash flow is concerned) known as reseller hosting. Reseller web hosting is a type of a small marketing niche, which provides an enormous quantity of different web hosting trademarks, yet supplying absolutely the same services: mostly cPanel web hosting solutions. This is bad news for everybody. Why? Due to the fact that at least 98% of the hosting offers on the whole web hosting market furnish literally the same service: cPanel. There's no variety at all. Even the cPanel-based website hosting prices are identical. Very similar. Leaving for those in need of a top web hosting service practically no other web hosting platform/website hosting CP alternative. So, there is only a single fact: out of more than two hundred thousand web hosting brand names around the world, the non-cPanel based ones are less than two percent! Less than 2 percent, note that one...

Two hundred thousand "website hosting suppliers", all cPanel-based, yet diversely named

The website hosting "variety" and the website hosting "offers" Google presents to all of us come down to merely one solution: cPanel. Under hundreds of thousands of different website hosting trademarked names. Imagine you are merely an average person who's not very well familiar with (as most of us) with the web site development procedures and the website hosting platforms, which in fact power the respective domain names and sites. Are you ready to make your web hosting pick? Is there any web hosting option you can select? Of course there is, right now there are more than 200,000 website hosting providers in existence. Officially. Then where is the problem? Here's where: more than 98 percent of these 200,000+ different website hosting brand names in the world will give you exactly the same cPanel web hosting Control Panel and platform, named differently, with literally the same price tags! WOW! That's how great the assortment on the contemporary website hosting marketplace is... Period.

The website hosting LOTTO we are all participating in

Simple mathematics reveals that to select a non-cPanel based web hosting vendor is a huge stroke of fortune. There is a less than 1 in 50 chance that an event like that will take place! Less than one in 50...

The pros and cons of the cPanel-based website hosting solution

Let's not be fierce with cPanel. After all, in the years 2001-2004 cPanel was modern and presumably fulfilled most website hosting market preconditions. In short, cPanel can do the trick if you have just a single domain to host. But, if you have more domain names...

Negative Aspect No.1: A moronic domain folder configuration

If you have two or more domain names, though, be extremely attentive not to delete entirely the add-on ones (that's how cPanel will call each next hosted domain, which is not the default one: an add-on domain name). The files of the add-on domain names are very simple to delete on the web server, since they all are set up into the root folder of the default domain, which is the quite famous public_html folder. Each add-on domain name is a folder located inside the folder of the default domain. Like a sub-folder. Next time try not to remove the files of the add-on domains, please. Verify for yourself how fantastic cPanel's domain folder system is:

public_html (here my-default-domain.com is placed)
public_html/my-family (a folder part of my-default-domain.com)
public_html/my-second-domain.com (an add-on domain name)
public_html/my-second-wife (a folder part of my-default-domain.com)
public_html/my-second-wife.net (an add-on domain)
public_html/my-third-domain.com (an add-on domain)
public_html/my-third-wife (a folder part of my-default-domain.com)
public_html/my-third-wife.net (an add-on domain)
public_html/rebeka (a folder part of my-default-domain.com)
public_html/rebeka.my-third-wife.net (a sub-domain of an add-on domain)

Are you growing bewildered? We absolutely are!

Weakness No.2: The same electronic mail folder setup

The electronic mail folder configuration on the web hosting server is absolutely the same as that of the domain names... Repeating the same error twice?!? The sysadmin chaps strongly fortify their faith in God when tackling the electronic mail folders on the mail server, hoping not to screw things up too badly.

Inconvenience Number 3: An entire deficiency of domain name management user interfaces

Do we need to bring up the thorough deficiency of a contemporary domain manipulation GUI - a place where you can: register/relocate/renew/park or manage domains, alter domains' Whois details, secure the Whois info, alter/create nameservers (DNS) and DNS resource records? cPanel does not incorporate such a "modern" user interface at all. That's a considerable weakness. An inexcusable one, we wish to add...

Disadvantage No.4: Many user login places (min two, max 3)

What about the need for an additional login to access the billing transaction, domain name and technical support management system? That's beside the cPanel login credentials you've been already supplied by the cPanel website hosting company. At times, depending on the invoice transaction platform (particularly developed for cPanel exclusively) the cPanel website hosting firm is utilizing, the devoted customers can end up with two additional login places (1: the billing/domain administration user interface; 2: the ticket support GUI), ending up with an aggregate of 3 login locations (including cPanel).

Drawback Number Five: More than 120 website hosting CP departments to get acquainted with... swiftly

cPanel presents for your consideration more than a hundred and twenty departments inside the web hosting Control Panel. It's a superb idea to get to know each of them. And you'd better get acquainted with them briskly... That's extremely impudent on cPanel's side.

With all due appreciation, we have a rhetorical question for all cPanel-based website hosting firms:
https://stephenikpenihosting.co.uk/e-learning-web-hosting/
https://stephenikpenihosting.co.uk/drupal-web-hosting/
https://stephenikpenihosting.co.uk/joomla-hosting/
https://stephenikpenihosting.co.uk/opencart-hosting/
https://stephenikpenihosting.co.uk/prestashop-hosting/

(1) (Reply)

I Need An E-commerce Website Designer / Verify Your USA And UK Adsense Accounts With Valid Addresses / Why Learn Web Development Markup And Programming Languages When You Can Use CMS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.