Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Making Yoruba Language A Compulsory Subject In Lagos Schools - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Making Yoruba Language A Compulsory Subject In Lagos Schools (730 Views)

Is Accounting A Compulsory Subject In Studying Banking And Finance? / Yoruba Language Bill: Lagos Schools Risk N500k Fine, Closure For Non-compliance / Nigerian Parliament Rejects Bill To Make History Compulsory Subject In Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Making Yoruba Language A Compulsory Subject In Lagos Schools by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 30, 2017
The Lagos State Government is about to make the Bill above, become a law.

Every Private and Public school in Lagos must teach their students Yoruba language.

And you must pass it to enter classes ( from what I gathered from the Lagos state house speaker's interview on TVC)

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

PS:

THEIR STRONGEST POINT:

England-English
France-French
Germany-German

MY POINT:

I love languages, I know a little Yoruba and am learning more. My nephew and nieces are from Kogi, speaks Hausa fluently. That been said,

I THINK IT SHOULD STILL BE OPTIONAL ( IT SHOULD NOT PREVENT PUPILS FROM ENTERING CLASSES)

ENGLAND, FRANCE AND GERMANY Speaks English, French and German all over their country.

Nigerians speak over 200 languages.

YOU SEE WHY WE MUST RESTRUCTURE?

HAVE YOUR MATURED SAY FRIENDS
Re: Making Yoruba Language A Compulsory Subject In Lagos Schools by successmatters(m): 11:46am On Jul 30, 2017
obikirinoni:

Every Private and Public school in Lagos must teach their students Yoruba language.

And you must pass it to enter classes ( from what I gathered from the Lagos state house speaker's interview on TVC)

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

PS:

THEIR STRONGEST POINT:

England-English
France-French
Germany-German

MY POINT:

I love languages, I know a little Yoruba and am learning more. My nephew and nieces are from Kogi, speaks Hausa fluently. That been said,

I THINK IT SHOULD STILL BE OPTIONAL ( IT SHOULD NOT PREVENT PUPILS FROM ENTERING CLASSES)

ENGLAND, FRANCE AND GERMANY Speaks English, French and German all over their country.

How about asking for oduduwa republic so Yoruba language can become the only language allowed for every communication?

1 Like

Re: Making Yoruba Language A Compulsory Subject In Lagos Schools by koladebrainiac(m): 11:49am On Jul 30, 2017
Its their business n their language so they can do whatever they like with it. And its their state too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making Yoruba Language A Compulsory Subject In Lagos Schools by successmatters(m): 11:52am On Jul 30, 2017
It's Nigerian land and millions of other Nigerians live there. Forcing them to learn a language against their will is like Rivers state insisting you must speak Ijaw on the border before you come into PH. How will that look?

1 Like

Re: Making Yoruba Language A Compulsory Subject In Lagos Schools by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 30, 2017
successmatters:
It's Nigerian land and millions of other Nigerians live there. Forcing them to learn a language against their will is like Rivers state insisting you must speak Ijaw on the border before you come into PH. How will that look?
The indigenes of Rivers are free to do whatsoever they desire. There is nothing wrong in making Yoruba compulsory in a Yoruba region.

1 Like

Re: Making Yoruba Language A Compulsory Subject In Lagos Schools by victorDanladi: 6:22pm On Jul 30, 2017
successmatters:

Its a yorubaland ,the law of the land must be followed.You are free to enact it in Igweocha that everyone must learn igbo.
Re: Making Yoruba Language A Compulsory Subject In Lagos Schools by babyfaceafrica: 7:28pm On Jul 30, 2017
It is a good idea, but I need them to consider Igbo and Hausa too.. A student must pass one of the three major Nigeria languages

1 Like

Re: Making Yoruba Language A Compulsory Subject In Lagos Schools by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 30, 2017
obikirinoni:

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

PS:

THEIR STRONGEST POINT:

England-English
France-French
Germany-German

MY POINT:

It should be compulsory since it's widely spoken there.

(1) (Reply)

PTI Wins 2017 Best SPE Student Chapter In Nigeria / Why There Will Never Be A Solution To ASUU Strike / My Life Changed After Giving Salary To Covenant University – Yakubu Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.