Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,941 members, 7,952,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:53 AM

5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy (12669 Views)

Top 5 Smart-watch At Least Expensive Cost For Men, Women And Children / 5 Smart Ways To Track Your Expenses / 5 Smart Ways To Make Troubling Clients Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by JARUSHUB: 11:56am On Jul 30, 2017
Handling stressful or difficult clients is not something many businesses look forward. Regardless, they have no choice than to deal with the client’s complain because they are the oil that lubricates any business. Clearly, they exist in every business but you know that it is better to keep them if you can. This is why they say that the customer is never wrong. So, how may you keep your difficult clients? Jumia travel, the leading online travel agency, shares ways to keep your difficult customers happy.

Allow them to vent

Sometimes, you have to just keep quiet and allow your client to express everything on their minds. You should note that they become difficult because they feel they cannot say what they have experienced by using your service.

Reassure them

After allowing them to express themselves, do not let them feel that you do not have their best interests at heart. The simplest thing to do is to reassure them that every decision is to make them happy.

Apologise

Like earlier said customers are king. They are always right. No matter how infuriated you may be with them, you just have to see things from their perspective. Hence, always take the blame, even when you know that you are not at fault. Whatever the case may be, always take responsibility.

Come up with a solution

This is probably the most effective strategy you can use when handling a stressful client. When there’s a problem, a good business person comes up with a solution.

Learn from the situation

These difficult customers have a lot to teach businesses. So, evaluate who your difficult customers are, then evaluate why they are this way. You may want to deal with them differently because you know they are trouble. But at the same time, they are loyal.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-smart-ways-make-troublesome-clients-happy/

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:46pm On Jul 30, 2017
Well,it depends on the line of work/service. In my line of business, I don't take nonsense from anyone in the name of "Customer is always right". Once a Client is proving too difficult, I simply tell him to take his work somewhere else biko.

11 Likes

Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 30, 2017
DOE baba grin grin
JeffreyJamez:
Well,it depends on the line of work/service. In my line of business, I don't take nonsense from anyone in the name of "Customer is always right". Once a Client is proving too difficult, I simply tell him to take his work somewhere else biko.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:12pm On Jul 30, 2017
Jacksparr0w1207:
DOE baba grin grin
Captain cool

This sounds weird but I miss you cry

When are you coming back to base!
Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 30, 2017
Hahaha soon baba. very soon. hopefully, this week
JeffreyJamez:

Captain cool

Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:53pm On Jul 30, 2017
Jacksparr0w1207:

Do quick o..

Wetin happen sef.
Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 30, 2017
Dem kidnap am. The tori long sha
JeffreyJamez:

Do quick o..

Wetin happen sef.
Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by Caustics: 10:23pm On Aug 06, 2017
sad
Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by eluquenson(m): 10:23pm On Aug 06, 2017
That's for those that still want to patronize your business.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by micgray100(m): 10:24pm On Aug 06, 2017
Learnng
Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by LorenzoWisdom(m): 10:54pm On Aug 06, 2017
all niggaz shud check out my signature on my profile...I REPEAT INTERESTED NIGGAS ONLY
Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by Alexk2(m): 11:44pm On Aug 06, 2017
Nice stuff and very true....unfortunately in nigeria, we take customers for granted too much.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by jaytime(m): 12:10am On Aug 07, 2017
For me o, I always try to avoid all of the above by delivering the best. What I do first is to study my clients and understand what they would like/expect and try to work on my service delivery towards that direction.
That's not to say I've not had one or two noices from some overbearing customers especially those who are in my age bracket. Those guys get wahala! No be say them get better money to pay for your services o, but they want the job to cost you arms and legs before they can feel satisfied.
Meanwhile, my signature.

1 Like

Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by kunlesehan(m): 12:18am On Aug 07, 2017
nice one op.
customers are always right
Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 07, 2017
I'm right when I return the slap a customer gives me
Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by EzeJustme(m): 1:20am On Aug 07, 2017
Yes they are king

But how can I register my business
Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by tomholly: 5:14am On Aug 07, 2017
ok
Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by Quality20(m): 5:19am On Aug 07, 2017
maybe banks need these lessons, was at fidelity bank in Zaria sometimes last year where a customer vented n vented his anger and proceeded towards shouting in d Hall-those cashiers pleaded with him but he wouldn't keep quiet a security man was but d man wouldn't still be comforted, d next I saw were two mopol who were far younger than him dragging him out after hitting him with their guns-there I saw d big bold and courageous man crying - then it somehow occurred to me that could be d man wasn't after all mentally stable

2 Likes

Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by Dopeyomi(m): 5:37am On Aug 07, 2017
Okay lemme try this in Insurance business if it will work..

The most important thing in any business is to talk less and listen more to gain more experience..

1 Like

Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by lakesider(m): 6:13am On Aug 07, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Your business is on its way to the deepest grave yard
Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by godunia(m): 6:18am On Aug 07, 2017
to all the married brothers, make your wives your first customer and all other troublesome clients will be walk over.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by hisgrace090: 6:26am On Aug 07, 2017
lakesider:

You can't just swallow everything to survive.

1 Like

Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by goodnesshomes(m): 6:47am On Aug 07, 2017
SOUND GREAT
Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by ICAMETOWIN(m): 6:56am On Aug 07, 2017
Some clients are straight from hell jare,you simply can't please them. but the lessons are always invaluable especially in Nigeria
Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by opalu: 7:34am On Aug 07, 2017
K
Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:39am On Aug 07, 2017
lakesider:

After your dead body ba undecided

1 Like

Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:50am On Aug 07, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Captain cool

That sounds Gay!!
Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:51am On Aug 07, 2017
Jacksparr0w1207:

Really?

You gay?
Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by STEVENcrack(m): 8:31am On Aug 07, 2017
JARUSHUB:
Handling stressful or difficult clients is not something many businesses look forward. Regardless, they have no choice than to deal with the client’s complain because they are the oil that lubricates any business. Clearly, they exist in every business but you know that it is better to keep them if you can. This is why they say that the customer is never wrong. So, how may you keep your difficult clients? Jumia travel, the leading online travel agency, shares ways to keep your difficult customers happy.

Allow them to vent

Sometimes, you have to just keep quiet and allow your client to express everything on their minds. You should note that they become difficult because they feel they cannot say what they have experienced by using your service.

Reassure them

After allowing them to express themselves, do not let them feel that you do not have their best interests at heart. The simplest thing to do is to reassure them that every decision is to make them happy.

Apologise

Like earlier said customers are king. They are always right. No matter how infuriated you may be with them, you just have to see things from their perspective. Hence, always take the blame, even when you know that you are not at fault. Whatever the case may be, always take responsibility.

Come up with a solution

This is probably the most effective strategy you can use when handling a stressful client. When there’s a problem, a good business person comes up with a solution.

Learn from the situation

These difficult customers have a lot to teach businesses. So, evaluate who your difficult customers are, then evaluate why they are this way. You may want to deal with them differently because you know they are trouble. But at the same time, they are loyal.

similar to the HEAT approach.
Hear all he has to say.
Empathize with him
Apologize
Take responsibility and take succinct action

1 Like

Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:57am On Aug 07, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

That sounds Gay!!

Your yansh there! grin
Re: 5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy by olarispack(m): 9:03am On Aug 07, 2017
Great piece. I'm currently in a scenario where i (the client) is the one begging my service provider to deliver. He doesn't even pick my calls. I sent several sms to him to let me know in case he has challenge delivering my project - a live chat project i have paid some deposit.

I have to play soft because the guy has practical knowledge in developing information management applications. When we first met and until now, I perceive him as a gentle, sharp, Christlike guy but I think the guy doesn't understand biz otherwise with his knowledge he should be flying high. I am a business oriented guy, for this reason i let my anger go and always play soft. Thanks for sharing.
JARUSHUB:

Allow them to vent

Reassure them

Apologise

Come up with a solution

Learn from the situation

(1) (2) (Reply)

Skrill (moneybookers) Now Accept Nigerians 100% / Currency Redesign, 43 Items, Naira Float… Major Policies Of CBN In 2023 / Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.