Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,781 members, 7,831,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] (41217 Views)

Chris Brown And Red Hot Chili Peppers Should Be Removed From Spotify Playlists, / Wizkid Allegedly Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify / Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by StOla: 5:35pm On Jul 30, 2017
Hizzy:

plz how much is a dollar to naira

About $1 to N365.

The guy has based his calculation on the official rate of $1 to N305.
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2017
StOla:

About $1 to N365.
The guy has based his calculation on the official rate of $1 to N305.
OK thanks Bro
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by psp2pc(m): 5:53pm On Jul 30, 2017
WebSurfer:
Seriously ? Let's forget about the gboys for now.. How much are you spending in a year ?
you mean his lifetime..

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by vertueptime: 6:07pm On Jul 30, 2017
silverdam:
Spotify is audio streaming not video.... Make una they do research before posting

Lmao i go employ u for efcc for lookin in between the lines
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by vertueptime: 6:08pm On Jul 30, 2017
Miraxzeebility:

May you not die spreading false news and deceiving others. Mr Spotify, na ur papa get spotify so u sabi the calculations pass.

Abeg tell us waitin davido get
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by vertueptime: 6:21pm On Jul 30, 2017
Some people can lie
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by Daddyis: 6:23pm On Jul 30, 2017
Chimaritoponcho:
Why is life so unfair .#72m for for jus singing to a beat and am here looking for atleast #3m to go into mini-importation
such is life bro 1.5m to finish my sachets water business na palava
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
TunezTV:
According to ace video director, Adasa Cookey, Nigeria's foreign export, Wizkid has raked in 72 million naira from the streaming of his hit videos, Come Closer and My love.

The figures comes from popular music streaming platform, Spotify where the videos have been watched over 55 million times combined.

Starboy Wizkid has been knocking off milestones ever since 2017 kicked off and with his new album, 'Sounds from the other side' making waves both home and abroad, the sky will be just his starting point.

http://tunezmedia..com.ng/2017/07/wizkid-rakes-in-n72-million-from.html?m=1

Nigeria can lie.
Lie Muhammed they learn from wizkod fans.
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by kn23h(m): 6:40pm On Jul 30, 2017
MONITZ:

My G, u re more mature than this na,hope u know that ur statement that u could term harmless might snowball into an e-war as usual between the two main culprits, pls try nd be more considerate next time,we don't need unnecessary divisions within us, kk..

Posting anything pro Yoruba is not mature? Nigga quote me again and you'll get a very 'matured' response.

If na anti Yoruba comments, una go dash am likes. Better love yourself if you're Yoruba.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by danigbo(m): 6:41pm On Jul 30, 2017
Nova01:
Be DECEIVING yourself 72million in a week oga dey wake up from your sleep

No minam !

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by LoveDecay(m): 6:56pm On Jul 30, 2017
BroZuma:
If to say Nigeria get levels IRS (FIRS) for don dey hunt them like animals...

grin grin grin grin

Tax decree 104 of 1993 , your are exempted from paying taxes if:

proceeds of foreign earnings that are repatriated into Nigeria in convertible currencies, to which concessional tax rates apply;

all salaries, dividends, interest, rent, royalties, fees, commissions, etc., earned from abroad and brought into Nigeria by Nigerian residents,
provided the income is received in convertible currency that is paid into a domiciliary account in a bank approved by the government;

Was waiting like a hawk to find someone say (FIRS)

This is the difference btw a rich nigga and a broke nigga. A rich nigga understands the tax code.
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 30, 2017
LoveDecay:

This is the difference btw a rich nigga and a broke nigga. A rich nigga understands the tax code.

Tax decree 104 of 1993 , under exemptions from personal taxes:

proceeds of foreign earnings that are repatriated into Nigeria in convertible currencies, to which concessional tax rates apply;

all salaries, dividends, interest, rent, royalties, fees, commissions, etc., earned from abroad and brought into Nigeria by Nigerian residents,
provided the income is received in convertible currency that is paid into a domiciliary account in a bank approved by the government;

Go ask Messi and Ronaldo howfar then ask Google which way...so you just copy this matter keep dey wait? Nna go pay your tax abeg before you begin quote Military Decree give me...as an addition your crass manner of approach and crudeness has defeated the purpose of your well thought out defence.
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by LoveDecay(m): 6:58pm On Jul 30, 2017
BroZuma:

Go ask Messi and Ronaldo howfar then ask Google which way...so you just copy this matter keep dey wait? Nna go pay your tax abeg before you begin quote Military Decree give me...as an addition your crass manner of approach and crudeness has defeated the purpose of your well thought out defence.

You understand... because your broke .. nigga !
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by niceguy7(m): 7:00pm On Jul 30, 2017
Chimaritoponcho:
Why is life so unfair .#72m for for jus singing to a beat and am here looking for atleast 30k to buy new boots and other football equipments to go for trials and see if i can become the next iheanacho
That's life DRAMA for you bro.
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by LoveDecay(m): 7:02pm On Jul 30, 2017
BroZuma:

I dont pay tax. Atleast not to the center. How do you think I know wizkid does not pay tax.. atleast not to the center.
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by harriet412(f): 7:03pm On Jul 30, 2017
0b100100111:
Have you tested my son Wizzy!

There is none like him.

He is lyrically endowed....

lyrically endowed ke undecided

abi noise maker redefined .
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 30, 2017
LoveDecay:

I dont pay tax. Atleast not to the center. How do you think I know wizkid does not pay tax.. atleast not to the center.

Those who really pay tax don't publish figures.
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by anoda(m): 7:31pm On Jul 30, 2017
Chimaritoponcho:
Why is life so unfair .#72m for for jus singing to a beat and am here looking for atleast 30k to buy new boots and other football equipments to go for trials and see if i can become the next iheanacho
no be lie broda
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by ExInferis(m): 8:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
TunezTV:
According to ace video director, Adasa Cookey, Nigeria's foreign export, Wizkid has raked in 72 million naira from the streaming of his hit videos, Come Closer and My love.

The figures comes from popular music streaming platform, Spotify where the videos have been watched over 55 million times combined.

Starboy Wizkid has been knocking off milestones ever since 2017 kicked off and with his new album, 'Sounds from the other side' making waves both home and abroad, the sky will be just his starting point.

http://tunezmedia..com.ng/2017/07/wizkid-rakes-in-n72-million-from.html?m=1

Spotify pays $0.004891 per stream, so he earned close to N100m.

That's assuming he actually got 55m streams.
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by Temysteve(m): 9:20pm On Jul 30, 2017
KingsoBabaTips:
I Tap into the Oil Of Grace Operating in this Guy Life Amen....
be careful man! The grace working for him might turn negative for ur enemy. Ask urs frm God...
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by StunnerG(m): 9:31pm On Jul 30, 2017
E no concern me Afterall my gee has 30billion for the akant ooo
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by kodymack(m): 9:44pm On Jul 30, 2017
Ordinary 72 million when Davido has 30 billion for the account.
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by Chinagurum1995(m): 9:48pm On Jul 30, 2017
My Google Play music that I normally used for listen too my Naija music and all African Music and i also listen too Wizkid. grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by Themandator: 10:05pm On Jul 30, 2017
StarPlayer:
72 million is chicken change na undecided I'm disappointed really sad That is money a basic G-Boy spends in a week. These guys are only popular, they're not making any thing really sad

He needs millions of dollars to keeps with the lifestyle he has chosen for himself
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by Themandator: 10:09pm On Jul 30, 2017
LoveDecay:

Tax decree 104 of 1993 , your are exempted from paying taxes if:

E B like say u just start taxation and auditing lectures for Unec so D tin dey shack u

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by LoveDecay(m): 10:26pm On Jul 30, 2017
Themandator:

E B like say u just start taxation and auditing lectures for Unec so D tin dey shack u

Did look at the date my account was opened ?

Which one be UNEC ? Since Buhari won I started studying tax law and all that. I knew his government will be pro tax.

Was recently vindicated with recent tax amnesty.

Rich people dont pay tax ! If there anything u learn today. Learn that tax is designed to keep u poor.
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by introvertme: 10:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
seyoops4u:

YOu think
Just spotify, what of other streaming platforms like Youtube ?

Also tell your friends ( Bloggers) not to post their songs again on their blogs/websites so that they can enjoy their labor.

You dey pay for songs?
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by Themandator: 10:38pm On Jul 30, 2017
LoveDecay:

Did look at the date my account was opened ?

Which one be UNEC ? Since Buhari won I started studying tax law and all that. I knew his government will be pro tax.

Was recently vindicated with recent tax amnesty.

Rich people dont pay tax ! If there anything u learn today. Learn that tax is designed to keep u poor.

University of Nigeria Enugu Campus...... That you just started doesn't mean tax laws are new or recent inventions ... It has been there for ages and taught in Universities as Taxation
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by IamKingwise(m): 11:13pm On Jul 30, 2017
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 30, 2017
StOla:

If based on your assumptions, spotify takes a royalty share of 30% of $330,000 , then how come the remaining 70% of $330,000 amounts to $99,000?

Rasaki, you have failed mathematics again.

The 70% of your $330,000 is $231,000 , which at $1 to N305, will give N73.92m.

Verdict: You just spent some minutes of your time trying to rubbish statistics you only proved to be true. At the end, you managed to confuse yourself further.

Thanks bruv, that guy needed to be humbled...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by seyoops4u: 12:36am On Jul 31, 2017
introvertme:

You dey pay for songs?

Well, I'm not a fan. I dont like or listen to them smiley smiley
Re: Wizkid Rakes In N72 Million From Spotify [PICS] by KingofDenero(m): 12:37am On Jul 31, 2017
VargasVee:

Not to worry I got my error

Oga you no sabi maths. It's that simple thing you're making error in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#EndPoliceBrutality: Phyno, Flavour, Others Protest In Enugu / Princess Vitarah Wears Braless Open Chest Outfit / Shocking Picture Of Rihanna`s Little Look-alike Revealed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.