Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Check Out Things To Consider Before Buying Your Computer - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Check Out Things To Consider Before Buying Your Computer (987 Views)

Useful Tips To Consider Before Buying A Second-hand Laptop / 6 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop In Nigeria / Common Uses Of Function Keys F1 To F12 On Your Computer Keyboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out Things To Consider Before Buying Your Computer by kingsleyugo41(m): 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2017
Many people find it difficult to compare prices, features, processor types,etc to find the right choice in accordance with their requirements. In this post we will tell you the top 10 things to consider before buying a PC.

10. Usability

It is important that you first consider the tasks that you will be performing on your PC. If you wish to buy a computer for simply browsing the internet and using some online services than it might be better to buy a single core computer which satisfies your minimum requirements. On the contrary if you require using it for heavy video editing and professional work, then it might be better to buy a system that has enhanced multimedia options.

Computer

9. Price
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
What Free Upgrade To Windows 10 Means For You
Windows
What Free Upgrade To Windows 10 Means For You
This Interactive Chart Uses Custom Filters To Find The Right Laptop
Web
This Interactive Chart Uses Custom Filters To Find The Right Laptop

This brings us to our next consideration of price. There might be some very fancy features that you want in your new PC. However, if you don’t have the cash to pay for lets say a graphic card with 1GB memory, than you might be better off choosing suitable alternatives.

money

8. Operating System Type.

Users with minimum requirements may be better off buying a Windows Starter or Home Premium version e.g. of Windows 7. For users who wish to take advantage of more enhanced features and require more effective tools such as connecting their PC to a domain are naturally better off buying a Professional or Ultimate Edition. Having said that the cost of a Windows 7 Ultimate Edition can be as much as 219$.

OS Editions

7. Size

Some people prefer buying larger laptops for a better display screen, whereas other prefer smaller and more portable sizes. If you are setting up a server which will be placed in a server room then size considerations will not mater much as large servers with multiple SCSI drives are normally quite big. Whereas, for people with weak eye sights a laptop with a larger display screen might be worth the price.

Size

6. Peripherals

Peripheral devices such as printers,scanners,etc can significantly increase or reduce your price for buying a new PC. It might be better off buying a system with a DVD combo drive if you do not require writing data to DVDs.

Peripherals

5. Brand

Some brands offer better warrantees, whereas others offer software packages that come with the system. For example, a Dell laptop with the same specifications may be cheaper than a Sony Vio. The reason is that Sony provides many of its own softwares with their laptops which saves the users cost for buying software, e.g. a DVD burning. However, if you already have many such licensed or freeware software available, then it might be better to go for a cheaper brands. Acer for instance is known for its low cost laptops that provide more enhanced spcs like hard disk space and RAM as compared to its competitors.

4. Hard Disk

Hard Disk considerations might not mean much to a lay user, nonetheless, having the right amount of disk space and disk type might be the necessary for the efficient management of regular tasks for a professional. A common user may merely have to decide between buying a 120GB or 320 GB hard disk system. An IT professional on the contrary might have to decide between a SCSI or a Sata drive. As a scuzzy or SCSI(Small Computer System Interface) drive might be required for Raid configurations.

Read more on https://ugokingsblog./2017/07/30/check-out-things-to-consider-before-buying-your-computer/
Re: Check Out Things To Consider Before Buying Your Computer by ekensi01: 1:52pm On Jul 30, 2017
Nice one.

I saw a laptop of 920k i was like all my problem on earth is solved, when i google the specs i saw 350Rom(i was expecting to see 10000terabyte).
I just smile and said life is sweet with those who take everything easy.

1 Like

Re: Check Out Things To Consider Before Buying Your Computer by emeraldknytt(m): 2:37pm On Jul 30, 2017
ekensi01:
Nice one.

I saw a laptop of 920k i was like all my problem on earth is solved, when i google the specs i saw 350Rom(i was expecting to see 10000terabyte).
I just smile and said life is sweet with those who take everything easy.
One thousand Terabyte bi ti bawo oga... Haaa haaa.. One terabyte ni One terabyte nje. However, most laptops in that price range offer three major storage properties; RAM (range: 12Gb - 16Gb), SSD (range: 128Gb - 512Gb) and HDD (range 1Tb - 2Tb)... Could be you saw the Solid State Drive.
Re: Check Out Things To Consider Before Buying Your Computer by udemzyudex(m): 3:33am On Jul 31, 2017
I wrote about something similar to this, do check it out.

How to test a used laptop before purchasing.

http://www.udemzytech.tk/2016/10/how-to-test-used-laptop-before-purchasing.html?m=1

Also

5 things to consider before buying any latest laptop.

http://www.udemzytech.tk/2016/08/5-things-to-consider-before-buying-any-latest-laptop.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Power Bank For Laptop, Printer / Wish To Buy Hp Pavilion G Series Core I3 And Above / Tp- Link 3g/4g Wireless N Router For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.