Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

First 30 Tesla Model 3 Gets Delivered And It Comes With Some Disappointing News - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / First 30 Tesla Model 3 Gets Delivered And It Comes With Some Disappointing News (885 Views)

Tesla Model 3 Is America’s Best-selling Premium Car In 2018 / See The Dazzling Effects On This Tesla Model 3 Wrapped In Holographic Chrome / The All New 2018 Audi A8 Is Here. It Comes With Foot Massaging Feature (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First 30 Tesla Model 3 Gets Delivered And It Comes With Some Disappointing News by AutoJoshNIG: 8:04pm On Jul 30, 2017
After all the excessive media hype , the first 30 Tesla Model 3 cars got new owners on Friday.

Already having a queue of about 500,000 people who are hungry for this vehicle ,Tesla is struggling and would go through “manufacturing hell” to meet up with demand-according to Elon Musk.

He also said they are aiming at 20,000 units a month by December .

Also Read : Quick Specs Of Tesla Model 3

It would be nice to remind you that all these 500,000 people paid a refundable deposit of $1000 each ,that is about #400,000.

The price tag of $35,000(#14 Million) was really hyped ,a lot .Here are some shocking disappointments ,even though they are not not really surprising .

1. The base model comes with a range of 220 miles, you would have to pay an extra $9000(#3.6M) for a long-range battery if you want a range of 310 miles .

2. Any color apart from black costs an additional $1000(#400k)

3. If you want 19-inch sport wheels ,oga your money na extra $1,500 ( #600k)

4. Tesla’s semi-autonomous(not full one o) system comes with an additional $5000(#2M),if you want the complete autonomous you go pay $3000 which wont even work without the semi -autonomous system(its a pre-requisite).

5. If you want to join the queue and order now ,Oga Musk said you would have to wait till the end of 2018 before you get your moto.
Meaning ,if you want to spice things up , you would have to pay another #5-#10 Million depending on your preference .

If they can meet up this target of 500,000 cars per year ,they would outsell brands like BMW,Lexus and even Mercedes in the United States.

But I am sure they would sell like -maybe 1 1/2(one and half cars -not million o-count with your fingers na ) in Nigeria (Just kidding,am I ?).

But I believe Tesla has a bright future and prices would go down in few years as the prices of batteries come down .

What are your thoughts ?

Lets hear from you.

Can you cough out like #20 Million for a Tesla Model 3 ?

By Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/first-30-tesla-model-3-gets-delivered-comes-disappointing-news/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Re: First 30 Tesla Model 3 Gets Delivered And It Comes With Some Disappointing News by temmyt20(m): 8:13pm On Jul 30, 2017
as time goes on, tgere wil b improvement
Re: First 30 Tesla Model 3 Gets Delivered And It Comes With Some Disappointing News by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 30, 2017
I watched the handover and I didn't get the feeling of any disappointment.

It's the most anticipated and most important vehicle of the decade.
Re: First 30 Tesla Model 3 Gets Delivered And It Comes With Some Disappointing News by symbianDON(m): 7:15am On Jul 31, 2017
the car is worth every dollar spent on it. for naija na to de carry small I pass my neighbour join body as you de drive the motor

(1) (Reply)

Nnajiakwu Clinton Wins Jumia Black Friday Car Give / Vin History Not A Secret Thing / Watch: Police Release Video Of Fatal Crash From Inside Self-driving Uber Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.