Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,251 members, 7,836,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Should I Relocate Out Of Nigeria Or Set-up My Own IT Firm - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Relocate Out Of Nigeria Or Set-up My Own IT Firm (672 Views)

Stay Back In Nigeria Or Travel To Canada / Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? / Relocate To Canada With Your Family Within One Month Of Creating Your Profile.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Relocate Out Of Nigeria Or Set-up My Own IT Firm by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 30, 2017
hello guys am a graduate of NOUN computer science,am a web-developer, Cisco network administrator, I can install inverter and CCTV Camera, installing and network a building have handles several contract and have had several job offers,and alot of experience in IT but am confuse if I should go for masters outside the country and work over their or set-up my own IT firm and base in Nigeria or relocate, the finance to pursue any of them is not a problem am from a well to do family they want me to make a decision and they will back it up because am the only son but making a decision on this issue is my problem,please I need matured advice not insult whats your point of view Asap
Re: Should I Relocate Out Of Nigeria Or Set-up My Own IT Firm by Unionised(m): 8:42pm On Jul 30, 2017
Since money is not a problem, then go better yourself first.
Re: Should I Relocate Out Of Nigeria Or Set-up My Own IT Firm by Yeligray(m): 8:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
Beware of tax
Re: Should I Relocate Out Of Nigeria Or Set-up My Own IT Firm by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:55pm On Jul 30, 2017
Travel out ooooo
Re: Should I Relocate Out Of Nigeria Or Set-up My Own IT Firm by elantraceey(f): 8:57pm On Jul 30, 2017
Travel out, get more knowledge and experience and come back to set up if you still want to.... you'll be glad you did.
Re: Should I Relocate Out Of Nigeria Or Set-up My Own IT Firm by Richdotcom: 9:44pm On Jul 30, 2017
After going abroad to further your education, what do you intend doing with it? Working over there, coming back home to get a paid job Or maybe you will want to come back home and setup an "IT firm" all over again?

If you wish to come back and setup the same IT firm, then I think you need to set priorities right!! the knowledge is needed not for the sake of a certificate but because you truly believe it will help you run your firm better.... right?

Now get this, you said your getting a lot of contract now, you can't voucher for same or better pratoronage in the next two or three years after you've left the country to "further" your education and come back home... because immediately you are closed for business your present or potential client will get someone else to fill your space. consistency is very important in business you can't leave the game and come back in a year or 2 and expect it to be the same.

If I were in your shoes, I will setup up my firm.... what I need is the knowledge, this is 2017 I don't necessarily need to travel abroad to further my education there is something called e learning most universities abroad have such facility I will make do with that for now, and in a year or 2 when I am sure my company is strong enough with capable hands to run it for a few month in my absence I can always travel abroad for various crash courses and all that..........

afterall going to school and acquiring knowledge is for having a better chance of earning a living ........ to me it doesn't make sense if you shut down a source of earning a living, to go acquire more knowledge, and after some years I will be back to square 1.( trying to earn a living)
Re: Should I Relocate Out Of Nigeria Or Set-up My Own IT Firm by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
If you can get into a top 10 computer science program then go but if you can't set up your business in Nigeria.

Start small and pursue it vigorously and in 2 3 years times the rewards you will reap will be bountiful.

Only go for a computer science masters at a top 10 university. If you can't get into one, do a business.

Are you tired of being scammed by mechanics.

Are you tired of being ripped off by traders. Don't cry anymore because chi spare parts is here for you.

We deliver quality spare parts to you where ever you live in Nigeria . No matter how remote your area is chi spare parts will deliver.

Do not hesitate to give us a call today on +2348121069256

Chi spare parts quality parts for your car's wherever you are

Terms and conditions apply
Re: Should I Relocate Out Of Nigeria Or Set-up My Own IT Firm by dozzynet(m): 10:56pm On Jul 30, 2017
Richdotcom:

After going abroad to further your education, what do you intend doing with it? Working over there, coming back home to get a paid job Or maybe you will want to come back home and setup an "IT firm" all over again?

If you wish to come back and setup the same IT firm, then I think you need to set priorities right!! the knowledge is needed not for the sake of a certificate but because you truly believe it will help you run your firm better.... right?

Now get this, you said your getting a lot of contract now, you can't voucher for same or better pratoronage in the next two or three years after you've left the country to "further" your education and come back home... because immediately you are closed for business your present or potential client will get someone else to fill your space. consistency is very important in business you can't leave the game and come back in a year or 2 and expect it to be the same.

If I were in your shoes, I will setup up my firm.... what I need is the knowledge, this is 2017 I don't necessarily need to travel abroad to further my education there is something called e learning most universities abroad have such facility I will make do with that for now, and in a year or 2 when I am sure my company is strong enough with capable hands to run it for a few month in my absence I can always travel abroad for various crash courses and all that..........

afterall going to school and acquiring knowledge is for having a better chance of earning a living ........ to me it doesn't make sense if you shut down a source of earning a living, to go acquire more knowledge, and after some years I will be back to square 1.( trying to earn a living)
Heed to this advice bro. Sent you a PM
Re: Should I Relocate Out Of Nigeria Or Set-up My Own IT Firm by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 31, 2017
Richdotcom:

Thanks I appreciate your advice and is well noted

1 Like

Re: Should I Relocate Out Of Nigeria Or Set-up My Own IT Firm by commoditiesnig: 3:51pm On Aug 01, 2017
shedybaba44:
hello guys am a graduate of NOUN computer science,am a web-developer, Cisco network administrator, I can install inverter and CCTV Camera, installing and network a building have handles several contract and have had several job offers,and alot of experience in IT but am confuse if I should go for masters outside the country and work over their or set-up my own IT firm and base in Nigeria or relocate, the finance to pursue any of them is not a problem am from a well to do family they want me to make a decision and they will back it up because am the only son but making a decision on this issue is my problem,please I need matured advice not insult whats your point of view Asap

Hi shedy, as @richdotcom rightly advised and towing the same line, I suggest you set up your own IT firm.

Coincidentally we are in similar situation - am an IT/Network/Project Engr with experience in Network/Sys Admin, Solar, Inverter, CCTV. Tho in a not-encouraging paid employment, i've since been deliberating on whether to start up my firm fully or travel abroad.

I'm seriously working on firm decision & plan to start up my firm. Looking for like minds/professional to partner with in achieving this goal.

I believe we can work together as we have share common interest; as two good heads are better than one. I'm based in Lagos.

If interested, do send me a mail - commoditiesnig@gmail.com.

Cheers bro
Re: Should I Relocate Out Of Nigeria Or Set-up My Own IT Firm by Pojomojo: 1:25am On Aug 02, 2017
Get the fuckery out of Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Iso Certification - Tenol Alpha / Vip / Career Opportunity!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.