Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,315 members, 7,867,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 04:33 AM

Attack On Ndigbo In The North Is An Attack On All Christians - Arewa Christians. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attack On Ndigbo In The North Is An Attack On All Christians - Arewa Christians. (1225 Views)

I've Learnt My Lessons, Says Blood-soaked Voter Who Survived An Attack In Kano / Buhari Not A Viable Option For President In 2019 – Arewa Christians / I’m Fair To Ndigbo In Appointment – Buhari (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attack On Ndigbo In The North Is An Attack On All Christians - Arewa Christians. by Masterclass32: 3:54am On Jul 31, 2017
Church leaders and Christians in the North under the aegis of tbe Arewa Christians and Indigenous
Pastors Association (ACIPA) have
said that though they are averse
to any secessionist tendency
from any part of the country,
any attack on the Igbo living in any part of the North is
tantamount to attack on entire
Christians living in the North.

They, however, called on the
leadership of Ohanaeze Ndigbo
to rise up to the occasion and stop Igbo youths from injuring
the psyche and sensibilities of
other Nigerians by their
secessionist agitation.

In a statement in Jos, signed the
President, Rev. Luka Shehu, the group said , “Following the
recent devisive, most
provocating and dissident press
statement by the Arewa
Consultative Youth Forum And
their Allies, The Odua Youth and the Niger Delta position, all
threatening the peaceful co-
existence of Nigeria, we are
therefore compelled to make
our position unequivocally clear
as follows:

“The attack on Igbos in the
North is an attack on Christians
in the north as well. We are
aware of precedents in such
antics. The quit notice to Igbos is
a systematic attack to subdue Christianity and Christians in the
North with a gradual plan to
overrun Nigeria.

“Suffice it to say that the Igbo
leadership should take a bold
step to refrain from provoking the psyche of Nigerians with the
Biafra secession threat, we call
on our Igbo brothers and sisters
who are predominantly
Christians to eschew the
bitterness of never ever producing executive president
either military or democratic
since the first republic.

While agreeing that their demand is legitimate, holding Nigeria to
ransom or threatening Nigeria with another secessionist
agenda is unacceptable as it is
counter productive.

“The Igbo should rather resort
to employing civil democratic
norm of negotiation, lobbying and politics of give and take to
achieve their goals.

The group said that singing
another war song after the
bitter and excruciating civic
war, which lasted from 6th July 1967 to 15th January 1970, a
period of two years, six months,
two weeks and two days, is one
thing the country could ill afford
at this time.

The statement added, “The costly war was regrettable and
avoidable. Between 500,000 to
two million Biafrans died mainly
of starvation and military
casualties on both sides were
over 100,000 officers and men not to mention properties lost.
The trauma as well as the
economic and social implication
of the War on Both Side was
incalculably enormous.

“Perhaps the proponents and pundits of a second Biafra Could
Benefit from Ojukwu’s Counsel
long after the Biafra War, “I
Don’t think the Second one
(War ) is necessary. We should
have learned from the first one, otherwise the dead would have
been to no Avail….”

“Like the Signals today, the
Nigeria Civil War is a result of
Political, Economic ethnic
Cultural and Religious tension and distrust. Those behind the
war never thought of the sad
band wagon effect and
Consequences of their actions.

On true federalism and the Rule
of Law, ACIPA, “Like other true patriots and majority of
Nigerians, we believe true
federalism with a weak Centre
will help Stabilize the Polity and
meet sectarian demands. In the
Same Vain we call on government to ensure Social
justice and rule of law are
applicable norms and practice in
our society. Nothing Short of the
Global Obtainable standard will
be acceptable by Nigerians from this or any future
administration. We are prepared
to encourage negotiation and
dialogue.

www.sundiatapost.com/2017/07/30/attack-on-ndigbo-in-the-north-is-an-attack-on-all-christians-say-arewa-christians/
Re: Attack On Ndigbo In The North Is An Attack On All Christians - Arewa Christians. by plessis: 4:00am On Jul 31, 2017
Masterclass32:

The group said that singing
another war song after the
bitter and excruciating civic
war, which lasted from 6th July 1967 to 15th January 1970, a
period of two years, six months,
two weeks and two days, is one
thing the country could ill afford
at this time.

The statement added, “The costly war was regrettable and
avoidable. Between 500,000 to
two million Biafrans died mainly
of starvation and military
casualties on both sides were
over 100,000 officers and men not to mention properties lost.
The trauma as well as the
economic and social implication
of the War on Both Side was
incalculably enormous.

“Perhaps the proponents and pundits of a second Biafra Could
Benefit from Ojukwu’s Counsel
long after the Biafra War, “I
Don’t think the Second one
(War ) is necessary. We should
have learned from the first one, otherwise the dead would have
been to no Avail….”

. Igbos want referendum.... Nigerians say igbos want war...

Biko who is the illiterate translating for these people?...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Ndigbo In The North Is An Attack On All Christians - Arewa Christians. by kn23h(m): 4:01am On Jul 31, 2017
Re: Attack On Ndigbo In The North Is An Attack On All Christians - Arewa Christians. by AyoSammyTunDe(m): 4:04am On Jul 31, 2017
GOD WILL CONTINUE TO SAVE US FROM THE EVIL ONES
Re: Attack On Ndigbo In The North Is An Attack On All Christians - Arewa Christians. by Luciferdevil(m): 4:09am On Jul 31, 2017
These Amajiris dnt know their left from right, they ve been programmed by the elites. Let them not forget that this is no longer 1963.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Ndigbo In The North Is An Attack On All Christians - Arewa Christians. by farouk0403(m): 5:23am On Jul 31, 2017
IpoB should to consoling themselves with false hope
Re: Attack On Ndigbo In The North Is An Attack On All Christians - Arewa Christians. by smogup: 5:26am On Jul 31, 2017
By the way, where is Evans?

Or has he also joined bihari in London?
Re: Attack On Ndigbo In The North Is An Attack On All Christians - Arewa Christians. by farouk0403(m): 5:28am On Jul 31, 2017
plessis:

There is no country that will secede without war, definitely not in this planet not in Africa.

Take your pick Eriteria, South Sudan, Bangladesh, Ukraine and many more.

Catalonia wants to secede from Spain but it was impossibl.
Re: Attack On Ndigbo In The North Is An Attack On All Christians - Arewa Christians. by plessis: 5:58pm On Jul 31, 2017
farouk0403:

There is no country that will secede without war, definitely not in this planet not in Africa.

Take your pick Eriteria, South Sudan, Bangladesh, Ukraine and many more.

Catalonia wants to secede from Spain but it was impossibl.
aboki..."There is no country that will secede without war"

What law is this?

where is your proof for this statement?...

Prove to me that you're not an airhead

3 Likes

Re: Attack On Ndigbo In The North Is An Attack On All Christians - Arewa Christians. by CltrAltDel: 6:03pm On Jul 31, 2017
Hmmmm….. Hunchback Ipob Jesus will be storming the north soon…. Arewa Xtians should just sit back and relax grin grin grin
Re: Attack On Ndigbo In The North Is An Attack On All Christians - Arewa Christians. by Caleboha(m): 6:34pm On Jul 31, 2017
If the igbos honestly want Biafra. They should forthwith relocate to the east, within Biafran territory! If you are so angry with Nigeria and would no longer be a part of it, show some mettle, LEAVE! OR HENCEFORTH BE QUIET. If you are outside biafran territory and you are typing outrageously harsh, ridiculous, stuff about a country you are glued to like a parasitic tick something is definitely wrong with you. I see igbos in the most remote parts of the north earning a living. Igbos aren't stupid, they didn't leave juicy opportunities in the east to travel 12 horrendous hours from home. They know the truth deep within; IT'S A HARD LIFE IN THE EAST.
The east is also yet to distinguish itself as an outlier, a place where justice and equal opportunities are available. Many Igbos searched for jobs for years in the east and lived in penury. Only when they left did they stabilise. If Biafra is created, will we import new, just and kind igbos from elsewhere?
Many times after a riot in the north, thousands of igbos are killed. In the heat of the moment, they all relocate to the east, however none of them would last 2 months in the east. Go to kano and see, the threat to their lives in the north is better embraced than the prospects of earning livelihood in the east.
Don't tell me about UN conventions protecting foreigners in another country. How well did the conventions help during the xenophobic attacks in south Africa? Till date no compensations. Igbos really need to think this true, no rush into secession like in 1967. Biafra currently has no allies, only evil countries quietly waiting to suck the east if war begins. None of this countries have made credible official statements about the struggle as they did for palestine, south sudan and others. Igbos aren't ready for Biafra. Just rushing without calculated thoughts.
If you are part of the middle belt or south west insulting ipob doesn't in anyway serve your interest. I'll rather you be introspective. Which move in this power tussle would help you get a better deal from Nigeria? Are you oppressed in anyway? Who is the oppressor? Who invades your farms, rapes your women? Who has unleashed genocidal attacks on your communities in Agatu, Barkin Ladi, Nassarawa eggon e.t.c. I do not ask you to embrace or be part of Biafra, just apply wisdom. Don't make the mistakes of 1967. Igbos are not your real enemies! Shine your eyes!
Finally I've said my mind after months of holding in.
FYI I am a bonafide igbo like you hasty critics but I think with my brain not my heart. Be objective not emotional, BE INTERACTIVE NOT INSULTIVE LIKE A MATURED HUMAN
Re: Attack On Ndigbo In The North Is An Attack On All Christians - Arewa Christians. by farouk0403(m): 7:03pm On Jul 31, 2017
plessis:
aboki..."There is no country that will secede without war"

What law is this?

where is your proof for this statement?...

Prove to me that you're not an airhead

If the above examples is not okay for you, then you are the air head here.

I have sighted enough examples and countries that secede with war now it is your turn to give me examples of countries that secede the way you want to secede.
Re: Attack On Ndigbo In The North Is An Attack On All Christians - Arewa Christians. by plessis: 7:37pm On Jul 31, 2017
farouk0403:

If the above examples is not okay for you, then you are the air head here.

I have sighted enough examples and countries that secede with war now it is your turn to give me examples of countries that secede the way you want to secede.

This one na fool ooo... Upon the whole amaljiri school Jonathan built for you people, you still haven't accepted education fully.. I asked you to give me proof, and you're giving me example, so you were taught to use examples to validate a claim?....is your head okay?... . You need re-education..... Complete re-education....

Modified : in fact your education starts now.. .. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_by_example

3 Likes

Re: Attack On Ndigbo In The North Is An Attack On All Christians - Arewa Christians. by timsTNA: 8:00pm On Jul 31, 2017
This page wont make front page cos we have mods that are bias

1 Like

Re: Attack On Ndigbo In The North Is An Attack On All Christians - Arewa Christians. by DocHMD: 8:05pm On Jul 31, 2017
plessis:

The illiterates anti-IPOB mongrels will still tell you that they are "cerebral" while IPOB are 'illiterate touts'. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Attack On Ndigbo In The North Is An Attack On All Christians - Arewa Christians. by farouk0403(m): 8:07pm On Jul 31, 2017
plessis:

This one na fool ooo... Upon the whole amaljiri school Jonathan built for you people, you still haven't accepted education fully.. I asked you to give me proof, and you're giving me example, so you were taught to use examples to validate a claim?....is your head okay?... . You need re-education..... Complete re-education....

Modified : in fact your education starts now.. .. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_by_example

Typical Ipob filled with hatred and intolerance.

I don't have your time
Re: Attack On Ndigbo In The North Is An Attack On All Christians - Arewa Christians. by plessis: 3:09pm On Aug 01, 2017
farouk0403:

Typical Ipob filled with hatred and intolerance.

I don't have your time
typical aboki.... Running away from education grin

(1) (Reply)

Atleast 3 Members Of Nnamdi KANU Biafra Secret Service Navy Seal Killed / Prof. Osinbajo And The Ogoni Cleanup Campaign / Billions Wasted As Voters Fail To Turnout in Anambra Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.