Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing (55984 Views)

5 Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions / Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money / 5 Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by nuhuanku(m): 4:37pm On Jul 31, 2017
How hair grows Hair grows out of little pockets in your skin, called follicles. Here's how it happens: 1. Your hair begins growing from a root in the bottom of the follicle. The root is made up of cells of protein. 2. Blood from the blood vessels in your scalp feeds the root, which creates more cells and makes the hair grow. 3. The hair gets pushed up through the skin as it grows, passing an oil gland along the way. The oil gland adds oil to the hair and keeps it shiny and soft. It can make it greasy, too. That's why you need to wash your hair. 4. The hair dies by the time it is long enough to poke out through the skin. Yes, hair is dead. That's why it doesn't hurt to get a haircut. An illustration of hair follicles on skin. Hair on the rest of your body goes through this same process, but the whole cycle only lasts for a month or so. That's why body hair does not grow very long in length like the hair on your head does. Here are some facts about follicles and your hair: You are born with all of the follicles you will ever have — about 5 million. You have about 100,000 follicles on your scalp, which is the skin on your head. Hair grows very fast and male hair grows faster than female hair . The only part of your body that grows faster is bone marrow, the soft stuff inside your bones. The hair on your head grows about 6 inches a year. So, even though it's one of the fastest-growing things on your body, it takes a while to grow it really long. You lose about 50 to 100 hairs a day . That's because the follicles don't all grow hair at the same time. Each scalp follicle grows hair for a few years and then takes a break. When a follicle is on a break, the hair in the follicle falls out. Because the follicles take breaks at different times and the other hairs keep growing, you probably don't notice when you lose hairs. Some follicles stop growing hair as you get older . This happens more in some people than in others. That's why some people get thinner hair when they get older, or go bald.
Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by Quality20(m): 4:37pm On Jul 31, 2017
Human physiology is also a great course and guys shd rush it
Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by thickminaj(f): 4:37pm On Jul 31, 2017
Nursing isn't underrated... Well ur right about chemistry tho undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by Niyeal(m): 4:38pm On Jul 31, 2017
@op why u no put my course #Agricultural science
Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by emyddon: 4:38pm On Jul 31, 2017
BroZuma:
Okay

Sociology and Political Science...Op please share your weed dealer details...

Guy, you dey good form. cheesy
Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by AZeD1(m): 4:39pm On Jul 31, 2017
free2ryhme:

No jokes
He Studied Econs at Uni Ilorin and came out with a 1st class.
Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by ionsman: 4:41pm On Jul 31, 2017
Physics underrated? If you underate physics,means you know nothing.

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by xamiel: 4:41pm On Jul 31, 2017
Ok
Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by SageMahrez(m): 4:41pm On Jul 31, 2017
make i tell my parents say i won do physical and health education for school...�����.. ko ko bi lo
Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by seyoops4u: 4:41pm On Jul 31, 2017
free2ryhme:

How much dem pay you
lol... how do you mean ?
Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by Flashh: 4:42pm On Jul 31, 2017
Marine Biology shouldn't be left out.

BTW... What do you understand by "underrated" (op)? Most courses on your list aren't underrated.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by Jesusgirl92(f): 4:42pm On Jul 31, 2017
salt1:
Op doesn't like Economics
As in ehn...... must op put one down to make the other look good?? Op continue...... They'll choose first class of this rather than 2" 1 of that indeed..... Trying so hard to convince yourself..... U think getting a job is only by grade abi..... You'll soon learn.
Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by Godsate: 4:43pm On Jul 31, 2017
lewispius:
Physics for naija??

Op is correct. I graduated from FUTA B.Tech in Physics and presently working in Snepco.

Though, Physics is 5 years Crs in Futa

4 Likes

Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by mrphysics(m): 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2017
lewispius:
Physics for naija??
I studied physics in Nigeria, and got a work 2 months after service. I didn't know anyone, my skills spoke for me. A physics graduate who adds project management skill or technology skills will secure a job in any place faster

2 Likes

Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by emmasilvaisong(m): 4:45pm On Jul 31, 2017
officialteemi:
physics no be child's play...
if u no sabi math wella just run......
and how is PHYSICS underrated @ o.p #smh

correct o.....
Even d chemistry sef if u arent good in math and physics, even biology sef.. then dont even consider going for chemistry.....
chemistry as a discipline is an headache

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by delishpot: 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2017
seyoops4u:
A Coconut tree fell on a lady in Swastik park Chembur, she was out for a morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKvp0vTsUJU
What could be the cause of this ?
Can this be Spiritual or Natural ?

It is life playing out. They shouldn't have lifted her tho they should just move the tree and call an ambulance. Moving the victim without proper care may cause more harm than good.
Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by farouk0403(m): 4:49pm On Jul 31, 2017
Niyeal:
@op why u no put my course #Agricultural science

Its your course underrated
Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 31, 2017
free2ryhme:

No jokes
yeah, the guy na chairman o. been in oyel industry since chopping bar
Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by plessis: 4:53pm On Jul 31, 2017
You call physics chemistry and mathematics underrated?....

Typical African man.....
Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by IRIEBOY(m): 4:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
fisheries/forestry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by seguno2: 4:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
pautex:
For the first time in 8yrs, this is my first time to lead this space as per (FTC tins).... I pray that whatsoever you desire before the year runs out, the Good Lord shall grant your desires in the Name of Jesus, Amen.

Who did this to you?
Are they from your father's village or are they from your mother's village?
The thread is about how people can select good courses for their careers and you are only excited for being ftc?
Whatever they did to you must be very strong oh.
You better go for deliverance.
Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by Cladez(m): 4:55pm On Jul 31, 2017
Muzanga:
How is nursing underrated?
He is definitely high on something strong

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by derahhh(m): 4:55pm On Jul 31, 2017
Applied Geophysics.......

Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 31, 2017
Safiaa:
Where is marketing?
are you studying marketing ?
Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by wildchild02: 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2017
Nursing is not underrated

Check my signature to buy your football jerseys

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by ipledge10(m): 4:58pm On Jul 31, 2017
The day one Korean gal told me her major isTourism Management, I didn't know if I should encourage her or tell her the plain truth.
Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by Funkybabee(f): 5:00pm On Jul 31, 2017
SageTravels:
I studied Number 5. - Hospitality and Tourism Management

The truth about the course is, you can start something on your own. It is entrepreneurial Course. The course is so broad. you can decide to choose either work in the hospitality industry or Tourism Industry.

With little capital

You can start your own catering services
Travel agency
Tour Operator and much more.

Bro they won't know,they will even feel big and could not even research about this course.

I love hospitality there are a lots of advantage in there, even research rate 77% of our graduates land a job after 6months.
U can start your own with little capital
U can apply as many to hospitality industry and gets a job
Tours operator
Aviation center
Events planner
Human resources etc

U can contribute ur part to the development of your society ,

Our youths needs to research on their courses before choose.
Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by KemjikaEme: 5:00pm On Jul 31, 2017
As an English grad i should know that English as a course is underrated in Nigerian higher institutions.
People be like 'you already speak English, why study it' or 'just go and teach,that's the only place you fit in'. Smh!
English especially when combined with literary studies is more than all that.
It broadens your perception about the world and sharpens your analytical skills....this is just one out of the numerous advantages of studying English.
That being said or noted in this case, English grads can fit into any sector of the economy.

1 Like

Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2017
plessis:
You call physics chemistry and mathematics underrated?....

Typical African man.....

How many top secondary school students choose these courses?

Most students end up studying them because they weren't able to get admission for engineering.

That's the underrating.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by Gerrard59(m): 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2017
AZeD1:

He Studied Econs at Uni Ilorin and came out with a 1st class.

OAU not the bolded.

@Post, What the post is implying is that students should not dread about not being able to start a career because you studied any of the afore-mentioned courses. That with a good grade, you can start a career in the same fields as the 'prestigious' courses' grads find themselves.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Underrated Courses Nigerian Students Should Consider Choosing by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 31, 2017
Gerrard59:

OAU not the bolded.

@Post, What the post is implying is that students should not dread about not being able to start a career because you studied any of the afore-mentioned courses. That with a good grade, you can start a career in the same fields as the 'prestigious' courses' grads find themselves.

Nailed as usual.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amosun’s N27.3 Billion Abandoned Model School Project / Man Rejected In Nigeria Over Facial Tumour Now A 4th Year Medical Student In USA / Staff In Covenant University Are Raping The Students - Twitter User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.