Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Nairaland Disintegration - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland Disintegration (603 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Nairaland Disintegration by Incarnate: 10:46pm On Feb 09, 2010
I was an active contributor on nairaland and I stopped posting and replying messages. I have seen many people wondering where I am asking. I also got emails that I never replied to.

When I first joined NL, I was always eager to wake up in the morning and check replies or create new threads. I was really glad to contribute and slowly and gradually, I started noticing a drop in the quality of postings. What really shocked me most was that once last year, I was banned. I really got pissed. The original intent of NL is LOST. And now with the issue of banning mods, well I read the explanation of cloning of usernames. Seun's response to the issues shouldnt have been what it is. Though people were asking for explanation, I strongly believe what happened was internal not to have been made public. Now, people have developed negative opinions.

I know yawa-tide, was also wondering how come i disappeared. I know I for certain will not be active as I used to. Maybe just post once a month that is if I post anything at all.
Re: Nairaland Disintegration by dominique(f): 11:31pm On Feb 09, 2010
is this another dhtml incarnate
Re: Nairaland Disintegration by Nobody: 11:52pm On Feb 09, 2010
@dominique.How this guy take resemble dhtml?

@Poster. I no know wetin to talk than to say "Ginjah ur swagger"
Re: Nairaland Disintegration by Incarnate: 5:43am On Feb 10, 2010
This is not dhtml, this is not yawa-tide

This is a different person entirely. I can defintely confirm this 100%.
Re: Nairaland Disintegration by Nobody: 6:32am On Feb 10, 2010
wtf? if you know me well, you will know i am a very direct person, even cloned or uncloned, i will still maintain my standard way of communication.
i have no reason to fight anybody at the moment, i have ended my previous battle, looking forward to the next one though. For now, let peace
reign for a change.
Re: Nairaland Disintegration by switch411(m): 8:38am On Feb 10, 2010
@ Poster
    Na im make you say Nairaland disintegrate? i am sure the quality and the standard has dropped but e never disintegrate. let sleeping dogs lie. no form of monopoly lasts for ever, other communities are coming up. let Seun run his shows the way he wants. at least you guys told him your mind. if he refuses then let him and Nairaland be.its a privately owned forum afterall. some of the things he did like Anti spam bot may have a positive effect like improve Nairaland Ranking. but he lacks the ability to explain things to his members without getting mad at them at least if he cant find a better alternative to the anti spam bot. let the average members understand how it works and the advantages both short and long term. but it all comes down to Maturity, PR skills, manner of approach and ability to carry people along without losing your head and telling them to go to hell.
    contrary to what seun insinuated on the YAWA issue.  Volunteers for moderator positions are not in a master/Boss -servant position with Seun they have a life outside NL     Finally   let sleeping Dogs lie-  when serious competition comes up from other sites Seun will sit up. SO LETS LEAVE THE MATTER!! Seun sucks, abi ? Nairaland sucks, Nigeria sucks , Life sucks POINT s TAKEN!! now let life go on --------------- wink

@ DHTML
  no mind them, they have Aje ke la na omo ku leni mentality  grin   

@dominique
  That was prepostrous.  it can not be DHTML
Re: Nairaland Disintegration by Seun(m): 9:32am On Feb 10, 2010
All I ever wanted to be was a programmer, so I get frustrated when people force me to repeat the same obvious things over and over again.  I have explained the antispam bot to the mods several times, but yawa-ti-de refused all my explanations.  Most technology moderators tend to do that because they want to show their intelligence.  But they don't have access to the statistics I have, and they haven't been here as long.  No matter how intelligent you are, you can't make decisions based on what you don't know.  So just do what the admin asks.  Sigh.  I tire.

(1)

Help Rate This Site / All-4-one Web Promo / Help Criticize Asap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.