Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,037 members, 7,956,849 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:36 PM

New Science Discovery Will Allow You To Charge Devices In Minutes - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / New Science Discovery Will Allow You To Charge Devices In Minutes (604 Views)

Qualcomm’s New Quick Charge 3+ Can Charge Devices From Zero To 50% In 15 Minutes / Most Used Devices In Nigeria Wont Support Whatsapp Starting From Today(see List) / Check Out The Cheapest Tablet Devices In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Science Discovery Will Allow You To Charge Devices In Minutes by Raychux23(m): 7:55pm On Jul 31, 2017
Mobile phone users are prone to this one recurring issue; how to charge our devices in lesser time. Although, mobile phone manufactures have tried in several ways to shorten the charge time of their products using current technology such as inductive or fast charge. But none have been able to come up with a technology that can instant charge our phones to a full in less than an hour.

In a not distance time, finding time to stop, plug in and waiting to recharge could soon be history. As scientist at Drexel University’s College of Engineering have developed a nanomaterial called MXene which is capable of charging laptops, electric cars and cell phone batteries at much higher rates — seconds or minutes rather than hours

What is Mxene
Mxene is a flat nanomaterial consisting of oxide with a conductive carbon and metal filling. When it made, the Mxene layers stack on top of each other. This allows it to be dense enough to shield against radiation and water, but more importantly, equipping it with the ideal characteristics of a battery. Although, MXene isn’t a new material, but the ongoing research into the graphene-like substance is starting to close the gap between concept and reality. And unlike traditional battery technology, such as lithium ions. It operates by storing ions in ports called ‘active redox sites’ and the number of its ports directly correlates to the device’s battery life.

Devices to benefit from instant charge
We all wish to have this technology in our mobile phones. For we all love the idea to instant charge our devices in minutes. But apart from our phones, we could also have it in our laptops, digital cameras, electric cars, inverters and any device that makes use of rechargeable batteries .

Final words
Forget inductive or Fast Charge, instant charge is coming to a cell phone near you, in a not too distance time. I’m not sure I can wait that long for an upgrade or can you?
Re: New Science Discovery Will Allow You To Charge Devices In Minutes by bravesoul247(m): 8:11pm On Jul 31, 2017
Hmmm.... Nawa oo. Itekinology don full group..let it come out so.that I can enjoy my Tecno Camon CX well.
Re: New Science Discovery Will Allow You To Charge Devices In Minutes by Jaculze(m): 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2017
Tecnology Is really advancing
Re: New Science Discovery Will Allow You To Charge Devices In Minutes by mikeycharles(m): 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2017
Re: New Science Discovery Will Allow You To Charge Devices In Minutes by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 31, 2017
why will i do instant charging
how we u want to get ur battery full in a minute

extraordinary!!
Re: New Science Discovery Will Allow You To Charge Devices In Minutes by Raychux23(m): 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2017
RETIREDMUMU:
why will i do instant charging
how we u want to get ur battery full in a minute

extraordinary!!

Hope u read up d article?
If not, please do before u conclude.

Mind you, most of the technologies we have today was once tag as impossible.
For example, back in d days.
Oh, first of all, hope u not one of them the "indomie generation?"
OK, back then, pple nver bliv smtin as mobile fone wil ever b possible, dat y in those days, pple ar refer as "telephone witout wire" if u ar the amebo type
Re: New Science Discovery Will Allow You To Charge Devices In Minutes by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 31, 2017
Raychux23:

Hope u read up d article?
If not, please do before u conclude.

Mind you, most of the technologies we have today was once tag as impossible.
For example, back in d days.
Oh, first of all, hope u not one of them the "indomie generation?"
OK, back then, pple nver bliv smtin as mobile fone wil ever b possible, dat y in those days, pple ar refer as "telephone witout wire" if u ar the amebo type
i don't think you understand what i mean, i try to tell u techy freak instant charging is like taking a route that doesn't necessary. instant charging is once again unnecessary, extraordinary, silly, funny innovation.

kill urself if this touch u
Re: New Science Discovery Will Allow You To Charge Devices In Minutes by Raychux23(m): 10:51pm On Jul 31, 2017
RETIREDMUMU:

i don't think you understand what i mean, i try to tell u techy freak instant charging is like taking a route that doesn't necessary. instant charging is once again unnecessary, extraordinary, silly, funny innovation.

kill urself if this touch u

OK, thanks for ur contribution. I guess u dn't like things fast. Anyways, who are mine to force such tech down ur throat.
It OK, u can go wit ur "wait n charge" but as 4 me, I like things fast.
And for d record, I dn't do killing.
One luv

(1) (Reply)

Gionee M7 Phone Specifications And Price In Germany,usa And Nigeria / How To Speed Up Samsung Galaxy Note 8 / Oraimo Advises Nigerians On The Need To Use Genuine Mobile Accessories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.