Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria (18586 Views)

Jonathan Denies Sacking Reno Omokri, Debunks Sowore’s Claim / Sultan Rubbishes "Operation Shege Ka Fasa" Outfit / Reno Omokri Rubbishes Presidency’s Vow To Stop Fuel Importation In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria by fasterwell(m): 9:15pm On Jul 31, 2017
ok
Re: Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria by Itzurboi(m): 9:20pm On Jul 31, 2017
factsandfigures:
Nigeria is not corrupt but corruption is a Nigerians since 1960.
if corruption is a nigerian, then he must be an elite in our society that everyone knows him.....
Re: Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria by teedutch(m): 9:20pm On Jul 31, 2017
point of correction Buhari is not corrupt but surrounded with corrupt people. Mind you if Goodluck was still the president and what is currently happening in Nigeria is happening Nigeria must have turned to something. That is because majority of we Nigerians believe and know that Buhari is an honest man
Re: Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria by fasterwell(m): 9:21pm On Jul 31, 2017
Piiko:
We must kill corruption or corruption will kill us

Yes i am about to take it down in few seconds

Re: Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria by hotspec(m): 9:22pm On Jul 31, 2017
lollypeezle:
Tr

Please remove the stick, so she can faint. That is what corruption can cause
That is High Court Osogbo, right? @ ur oix
Re: Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria by LordAdam16: 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2017
ivolt:

I made a similar observation on a previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/3950364/nigeria-out-top-10-most.

But Reno is wrong, the news was originally from Dailypost not Saharareporters.

He is not wrong. Read the writeup.

True, DailyPost posted the fake news first, but the imb*cil* Sowore reiterated the fake news in a speech at the University of Kent. The speech is on the front page as I type -- https://www.nairaland.com/3957428/president-buhari-became-sick-result. It's also in the same speech that he said Buhari got sick because of corruption.

Even the secretary of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption reiterated the fake news.

To imagine that a bunch of unlettered *d*ots are this influential in the scheme of things is sad. How can the secretary of PACAC not know Nigeria's relative CPI ranking and fall for a fake news? What then does he know?

It's like the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Finance falling for a fake news that a Nigerian bank is among the top 10 banks in the world.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria by fasterwell(m): 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2017
diegwu01:
Did Reno just say Jonathan fought Corruption

Re: Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria by ivolt: 9:37pm On Jul 31, 2017
LordAdam16:

He is not wrong. Read the writeup.

True, DailyPost posted the fake news first, but the imb*cil* Sowore reiterated the fake news in a speech at the University of Kent. The speech is on the front page as I type -- https://www.nairaland.com/3957428/president-buhari-became-sick-result. It's also in the same speech that he said Buhari got sick because of corruption.

Even the secretary of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption reiterated the fake news.

To imagine that a bunch of unlettered *d*ots are this influential in the scheme of things is sad. How can the secretary of PACAC not know Nigeria's relative CPI ranking and fall for a fake news? What then does he know?

It's like the Permanent Secretary of the Minister of Finance falling for a fake news that a Nigerian bank is among the top 10 banks in the world.

-Lord

The effect is called confirmation bias and anyone can fall victim.
When humans want something to be true, we tend to believe any
information supporting our position.

I will lay the blame squarely at the feet of the dailypost journalist who
couldn't read a simple table.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria by LordAdam16: 9:46pm On Jul 31, 2017
ivolt:

The effect is called confirmation bias and anyone can fall victim.
When humans want something to be true, we tend to believe any
information supporting our position.

I will lay the blame squarely at the feet of the dailypost journalist who
couldn't read a simple table.

Confirmation bias is a lame excuse in this instance. You can use that excuse for the average Joe and Jane who just glance at headlines and soak them up at face value. Not people like Sowore and Bolaji.

There're lots of fake news on the net today. The onus rests on the reader to verify information instead of swallowing it hook, line, and sinker. Especially if it concerns your field. Sowore (because he is the owner of a media company), and especially, Bolaji (because he is a member of the powerful presidential corruption council) have zero excuse for believing that trash.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria by Rainmaker69(m): 9:50pm On Jul 31, 2017
Wth! Best selling author my a**. This guy is so desperate for relevance. Why not put your efforts into something positive that will create value. These staged tantrums do not help anyone.
Re: Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria by Man2utd(m): 10:08pm On Jul 31, 2017
tuscani:
I ask a simple question, if Buhari is not corrupt, why do they keep buying pots and spoons and computers every year in Aso rock, f?

Because the pot, spoon and computer all expire after a year, that's the way they were designed..
Re: Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria by tuscani: 10:30pm On Jul 31, 2017
Man2utd:

Because the pot, spoon and ; computer all expire after a year, that's the way they were designed..
ok I didn't realize, grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria by Milestones: 11:48pm On Jul 31, 2017
THERE IS NOTHING HATERS OF PMB WILL NOT DO NOR SAY, RENO SHOULD TELL US IF FOR THE FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION OF THE PRESENT GOVERNMENT, WHAT WILL TAKE AWAY NIGERIA FROM TOP 10 MOST CORRECT NATIONS IN THE WORLD!!! RENO PLS TELL US, HOGWASH!!!!

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria by seguno2: 12:12am On Aug 01, 2017
burkingx:
grin

Are you confirming that Buhari is truly corrupt?
Re: Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria by seguno2: 12:14am On Aug 01, 2017
Milestones:
THERE IS NOTHING HATERS OF PMB WILL NOT DO NOR SAY, RENO SHOULD TELL US IF FOR THE FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION OF THE PRESENT GOVERNMENT, WHAT WILL TAKE AWAY NIGERIA FROM TOP 10 MOST CORRECT NATIONS IN THE WORLD!!! RENO PLS TELL US, HOGWASH!!!!

Are you also an illiterate like Buhari such that you can't read and understand?
Re: Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria by GR8ST(m): 4:56am On Aug 01, 2017
You can't say you are eradicating mosquitoes from your home by cleaning your surroundings but your apartment contains lots of things that rather brëeds mosquitoes
Re: Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria by bsideboii(m): 6:30am On Aug 01, 2017
I'm Glad now that the children of these public office holders / Politicians are now aware that their parents are THEIFS!
Re: Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria by daygee12: 8:23am On Aug 01, 2017
tuscani:
I ask a simple question, if Buhari is not corrupt, why do they keep buying pots and spoons and computers every year in Aso rock, f?
So na every ten years then the buy for white house in America, use ur brain now and criticize constructively.
Re: Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria by tuscani: 8:40am On Aug 01, 2017
daygee12:

So na every ten years then the buy for white house in America, use ur brain now and criticize constructively.
stupidity lies in the gene. I have done a quick search on you, I can't abuse your family in this forum
Re: Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria by Sunnyja: 8:58am On Aug 01, 2017
OkoYibo:
Reno is talking like a drunken piglet.

The bearded mediocre was GEJ's media aide when GEJ said on national TV that he (GEJ) learnt if his own brother's death from Sahara Reporters.
Why not dispute the message with facts and statistics instead of name calling. I expected you to point out Reno's lies and lay bare your own "truth".

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria by shammah1(m): 11:00am On Aug 01, 2017
Didn't you read where he stated that Sowore said it in his speech at Kent University in the U.S? Haba
ivolt:

I made a similar observation on a previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/3950364/nigeria-out-top-10-most.

But Reno is wrong, the news was originally from Dailypost not Saharareporters.

Re: Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria by Splashme: 12:48pm On Aug 01, 2017
tuscani:
Re: Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria by armadeo(m): 5:17pm On Aug 01, 2017
Piiko:
We must kill corruption or corruption will kill us

Then we are dead.
Until rawlings comes to naija without the bullshit of tribe and religion.

We are going nowhere.

We are bleeped.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria by ivandragon: 5:57am On Aug 02, 2017
Its interesting that those condemning Reno & shouting corruption suddenly became scarce when this thread came up...

https://www.nairaland.com/3958277/breaking-suspended-sgf-babachir-lawal#59028990

Hypocrites...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Lands In Nigeria, Meets Atiku / Obiano Inaugurates N1.2bn Fish Feed Plant In Onitsha- Picture / EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.