Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million (32721 Views)

Sbarro 4×4+2: The Ugliest Car At The 2018 Geneva Motor Show (Photos) / Mercedes-Benz Unveils The All-New 2019 G550 G-Wagon / Tesla Unveils New Electric Truck & Stuns The World With New Roadster2 Sports Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 01, 2017
rozayx5:

if you live in bonny isalnd or all these IOCs estates in rivers state

an electric car could be fun
You don't charge an electric car from your house or anywhere, they do have charging stations everywhere just like gas stations, not sure if there is one in Naija yet.
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by mrcrabs(m): 10:33am On Aug 01, 2017
If it enters naija na our prepaid meter we go use charge am. Just tink of how much card you go buy.
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by ernieboy(m): 10:37am On Aug 01, 2017
Earthquake1:
Asari Dokubo and co when they see this car...
what about u? u no did chop from the oyel money?
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Coolman2: 10:38am On Aug 01, 2017
[quote author=cosby02 post=59025889]What will now happen to our oyel

This oyibo people sef : it's high Nigeria woke up from its slumber. Few years to come we won't be exporting crude oil anymore cos technology Don go far. We should concentrate more on our agricultural sector.
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by ernieboy(m): 10:46am On Aug 01, 2017
erico2k2:

That's why this electric cars are myth . Electricity is more expensive than petrol
who told u electricity is more expensive than fuel?
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 01, 2017
beamtopola:

I ve forgotten you have electrical generator

it simply means if we don't think beyond oil and the future that's what's going to happen.
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by ernieboy(m): 10:49am On Aug 01, 2017
AntiWailer:

Solution might be easy. Come up with a model that charges the car on the road as it is moving.
can u do that with petrol cars? can you fuel dem while they are moving?
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by bejeria101(m): 10:50am On Aug 01, 2017
You call that cheap? Where my benz at?
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Lumig: 11:06am On Aug 01, 2017
OUR OYEL WILL START TO BE USELESS, I PITY...
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Joecruise(m): 11:15am On Aug 01, 2017
Guys I think the queation we should be asking ourselves is "How do we maximise such a potential from tesla ere in nigeria"
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by PDPGuy: 11:18am On Aug 01, 2017
Nigeria may not be ripe for fully-electric vehicles until, say, 30 years time. But in the interim, hybrid vehicles could be the more popular brand in the country.

Innoson should seriously look into producing efficient hybrid vehicles before he goes out of business.
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 01, 2017
stevedre:

Use gsm phones in Nigeria as an objective yardstick, when it first came to Nigeria it was a luxury but now am sure you know its now what almost every one can buy. Am sure in a few years from now the Market will become open and more competative, the Chinese will also in their usual nature build a substandard cheaper version.

GSM phones didnt go for 11 Million for the cheapest product.

Any analyst can tell u exactly what i said, Solar care n electric car is a technology of the future.

Even as old as solar electricity, Its still generally rare because it is the most expensive source of power. U.S generated electricity is still 40% coal, china, india, south africa all generate over 85% of their electricity with coal.

Electric cars is for the future, Will power the world later, But not now.

Till then.
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 01, 2017
grossintel:
Just look at the evolution of smartphones from 2008 till 2017, I can bet you are very wrong. One thing about technology you should remember is once a discovery is made and research and development is complete and licensed nothing else can stop it from reaching the rest of the world, in just 2 years you will see this cars in Nigeria I bet you. And in the next two years their will be drastic improvements in battery life just like our smartphone battery life of today.

Please get pics n specs of 2008 smart phones and 2017 smartphones, The difference aint much and obviously the prices havent crashed, They have been running around in circles.

There is a very little difference between samsung galaxy s4, s5, s6, s7, s8 and all their plus version.

solar and electric cars is a tech for the future, The world will first break the jinx of expensive electricity before electric cars will become fully commercialized. Right now it costs 3 billion dollars on average to build a power generating plant that generates 1000MW and it costs 1 million dollars on average to generate 1MW.

minimum monthly electric charge in the US is about 50 dollars, Now imagine if the owner os that house charges his car daily, The bill will be as high as thousands of dollars monthly.
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by syncACE(m): 11:45am On Aug 01, 2017
medexico:
No light to charge this car in Nigeria
I go charge am for church

1 Like

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by piagetskinner(m): 11:45am On Aug 01, 2017
by the time the whole world shifts to electric cars...that is when we will realise how useless the oil we have been fighting for is
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by wanger50(m): 11:50am On Aug 01, 2017
medexico:
No light to charge this car in Nigeria
You will soon see recharge stations springing up here and there o

1 Like

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 01, 2017
PDPGuy:

Its the route that a good number of Igbos ply every year

We go recharge for Asaba. undecided
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by remedick: 11:54am On Aug 01, 2017
thesuave10:

Is this one a fool. Lack the tech and Know how? Are you feeling fine? undecided
Idiot, moronic simpleton, ode, oponu who wants to impress just for the show of it. person, do you know how to get car fix if it develop fault or you have mechanic that can handle the repairs in Nigeria? Ode? Do you know tesla is not in Nigeria to save your azz when problem start.

Slimy amoeba and regurgitated by product, can you handle the engine designs or you think it's like petrol powered engine?

Stupid nonentity.

Yeah, call the mods to ban me for paying back in your own coin... I got over 20 handles to give any fork about a faceless madafuka and the mods.
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by wanger50(m): 11:55am On Aug 01, 2017
Expect China to come up with a cheaper version next year!
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by erico2k2(m): 11:58am On Aug 01, 2017
ernieboy:

who told u electricity is more expensive than fuel?
cos we have electric fork lift at work and we also have gas powered ones . Have you used an electric vehicle b4?
Do you know how much it cost to charge a car for 24 hrs slow charge ?
Or are you confusing Hybrid with these ?
Why do you think charging points are only within towns not on highways in the west ?
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by thesuave10(m): 11:58am On Aug 01, 2017
remedick:
Idiot, moronic simpleton, ode, oponu who wants to impress just for the show of it. person, do you know how to get car fix if it develop fault or you have mechanic that can handle the repairs in Nigeria? Ode? Do you know tesla is not in Nigeria to save your azz when problem start.

Slimy amoeba and regurgitated by product, can you handle the engine designs or you think it's like petrol powered engine?

Stupid nonentity.

Yeah, call the mods to ban me for paying back in your own coin... I got over 20 handles to give any fork about a faceless madafuka and the mods.

You see.. .it's not good to be stupid. See the heart attack you've given yourself. If you're daft Nigerian, speak for yourself and I'm sure your family too

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Dedelizo(m): 11:59am On Aug 01, 2017
ijobaooorun:
The beginning of the end of crude oyel
The chemical they used in producing the battery is from crude oil...dnt panic...mind u, its only cars not heavy duty engines used for industries and shipping....we cnt do without crude oil...
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 01, 2017
grossintel:
Just look at the evolution of smartphones from 2008 till 2017, I can bet you are very wrong. One thing about technology you should remember is once a discovery is made and research and development is complete and licensed nothing else can stop it from reaching the rest of the world, in just 2 years you will see this cars in Nigeria I bet you. And in the next two years their will be drastic improvements in battery life just like our smartphone battery life of today.

India and China will make the Gionee version of these cars with double the battery capacity and half the cost by 2019.
Just wait and see.
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by kennykg(m): 12:02pm On Aug 01, 2017
I believe the nigerian spec would come with a Small gen attach for long distance travel and traffic

1 Like

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by erico2k2(m): 12:02pm On Aug 01, 2017
piagetskinner:
by the time the whole world shifts to electric cars...that is when we will realise how useless the oil we have been fighting for is
This will never happen reason is the electricity is generated by gas which in itself fosil fuel . It means building more power plant.the West ate moving away from nuclear plants and renewable sources like solar are a no ggo area cos of cost . .
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by erico2k2(m): 12:03pm On Aug 01, 2017
kennykg:
I believe the nigerian spec would come with a Small gen attach for long distance travel and traffic
instead of Gen why your car nor just chop the petrol ahaha

1 Like

Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by erico2k2(m): 12:05pm On Aug 01, 2017
Dedelizo:
The chemical they used in producing the battery is from crude oil...dnt panic...mind u, its only cars not heavy duty engines used for industries and shipping....we cnt do without crude oil...
heavy Duty already use electric motors to power them ie Trains . Dock lift cranes .
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 01, 2017
Kokaine:
Chinese have not replicated G-wagon Hummer and range

Ever heard of Landwind X7
Here, take a look.
http://www.businessinsider.com/china-has-knocked-off-a-range-rover-and-is-selling-it-at-a-third-of-the-price-of-the-real-thing-2015-8?IR=T
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by baxmaich(m): 12:33pm On Aug 01, 2017
our oyel go waste be dat,den nigeria go divide.
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 01, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Please get pics n specs of 2008 smart phones and 2017 smartphones, The difference aint much and obviously the prices havent crashed, They have been running around in circles.

There is a very little difference between samsung galaxy s4, s5, s6, s7, s8 and all their plus version.

solar and electric cars is a tech for the future, The world will first break the jinx of expensive electricity before electric cars will become fully commercialized. Right now it costs 3 billion dollars on average to build a power generating plant that generates 1000MW and it costs 1 million dollars on average to generate 1MW.

minimum monthly electric charge in the US is about 50 dollars, Now imagine if the owner os that house charges his car daily, The bill will be as high as thousands of dollars monthly.

best smartphone phones of 2008

*modified*

Unable to load pictures on nairaland. Seun what's happening
Re: Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million by Bimpe29: 12:52pm On Aug 01, 2017
What a precious dynamism... Oyel is on the brink of extinction lobatan. Power sector is taking the powerful spot in the global space. Solar will be hugely helpful though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Bus Somersaults On 3rdmainland Bridge This Afternoon / Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars / I Went To Driving School Today And I'm Really Giving Up.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.