Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,617 members, 7,823,702 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion (5972 Views)

Another Devaluation Looms As Naira Depreciates To N570 To $1 / World Bank Says Nigeria Will Soon Recover From Economic Recession / Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 01, 2017
Nigeria’s 3 major cement companies have made a total of N574.5 billion in revenues for the six months ended June 2017. A N172.5 billion increase compared to the N402 billion made in the corresponding period in 2016.

Dangote cement had the lion share with revenues of N412 billion in 2017, a N120 billion increase from the N292 billion made in the comparative period for 2016.
Lafarge Africa had revenues of N154 billion in June 2017, a N47 billion increase compared to N107 billion made in June 2016.
CCNN had the smallest share with revenues of N8.5 billion in June 2017, a N2.1 billion increase compared to N6.4 billion in June 2016. All 3 companies posted increases in revenue.
Factors that may have been responsible for the increase

Cement companies in the country increased prices in order to deal with rising energy costs. Epileptic power supply, and gas shortages due to militant attacks have led to the companies relying on Low Pour Fuel Oil (LPFO) to operate.

President of the BUA group (an unlisted Cement maker),Abdulsamad Rabiu had recently hinted, that the cement producers were considering a reduction in prices due to an increase in foreign exchange availability and a drop in LPFO price.

Dangote cement was the only company that revealed its production and sales volumes for the period in question. The company witnessed a drop in sales volume from 12970 tonnes in 2016 to 11509 tonnes in 2017, suggesting the increase in revenues may have been due to an increase in price.

Year to date, the shares of the three companies are all up, with CCNN and Lafarge Africa out performing the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) All Share Index which is up 37175 year to date. CCNN shares closed at N9.22 last Friday up 84.4% year to date. Lafarge Africa shares closed up N60.75 up 48% year to date. Dangote Cement shares closed N235.51 up 35.56% year to date.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/despite-recession-cement-companies-report-over-n570-billion-in-revenue-so-far-in-2017/

1 Like

Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by rodeo0070(m): 4:11pm On Aug 01, 2017
In the midst of these Macro economic challenges...
Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by froz(m): 6:52am On Aug 04, 2017
road construction?
Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by holatin(m): 7:40am On Aug 04, 2017
Baba God no matter how hard it is for Nigerian, let it be EASY for me and dat human reading this

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by DrayZee: 7:40am On Aug 04, 2017
This is private money.
Has nothing to do with us.

3 Likes

Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by NwaAmaikpe: 7:40am On Aug 04, 2017
shocked

Don't get it twisted...

Majority of that cement was used in patching the substandard roads around the country not for building.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by teamsynergy: 7:40am On Aug 04, 2017
cement is too expensive joor... what if we import it nko...... even with the reduced price of diesel
Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by vincentjk(m): 7:41am On Aug 04, 2017
Cement is N2,700 now.. Make dem do drop Price below N2,000 abeg

Need to start my project soon

6 Likes

Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by 989900: 7:41am On Aug 04, 2017
Make una reduce price small na.
Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by Integrityfarms(m): 7:42am On Aug 04, 2017
Since real estate seem to be the most viable long run investment, every patient investor seem to make a stake in it.
Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by CHIZZYCHEALSEA: 7:44am On Aug 04, 2017
the capitalists can only pay 50kobo per share as dividend in d first quarter.dey steal from d banks and pay nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by inventor432(m): 7:48am On Aug 04, 2017
federal government things.
Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by lionness(f): 7:51am On Aug 04, 2017
God, bless me oh! I want to be one of those declaring massive yearly profits from the last quarter of this year and forever.
Answer my call God...Nigeria is a land filled with milk and honey for winners, and a place of problem and complaint for ONLY losers.
Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by DJInfluence: 7:53am On Aug 04, 2017
why dem no go make bumper profit, when we pay #2700 for a bag. Cement na recession proof na. Everybody want build house because nobody want rent anymore and i no blame them.
Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by Funmiladey(m): 7:54am On Aug 04, 2017
I don't know why the price of cement is double of what is obtainable in the international market.... $5 in the international market and its $10 here... May God deliver us from these ppl.

1 Like

Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by spyder880(m): 8:10am On Aug 04, 2017
With the speed of building going up everywhere, I am not surprised.

1 Like

Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by spyder880(m): 8:12am On Aug 04, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Don't get it twisted...

Majority of that cement was used in patching the substandard roads around the country not for building.

I don't think so, the number of building projects is much. I have used more than 300 bags of cement in August 2017 alone. Need to buy another 240 for a decking in Onitsha tomorrow.
Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by bjcole(m): 8:33am On Aug 04, 2017
This recession should actually bring the best out of us, around Lagos and some part of Nigeria, massive investment in building project is on ongoing. In no distant time, this country will get better God willing. Let us all continue to contribute to her growth. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by chemystery: 8:34am On Aug 04, 2017
My land is just lying fallow. They should drop the price so one can build in peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by salesforce: 8:41am On Aug 04, 2017
Really
Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by MicroBox: 8:43am On Aug 04, 2017
Not impressed by the news.
When doller was 410-420 naira/$ Dangote Cement sell for #2600 and still at that amount till date even when CBN said it keep injecting doller into the market to make life easy for Nigerians, same goes for Crack tiles and every other building materials.
Buhari need technocrats in some positions and not politicians or politics.

1 Like

Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by rman: 8:52am On Aug 04, 2017
Cement is overpriced!

1 Like

Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by dahmie2013: 8:58am On Aug 04, 2017
This is quite some good news. But I think d higher dis revenues are, d more receivables dey have. Revenue doesn't culminate 2 liquidity.
I bet chunk of dem are 4rm constructn of roads which is largely dependent on govt.
But it's a good start.
Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by jc4real(m): 9:27am On Aug 04, 2017
To a lot of Nigerians, recession is just a word!
Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by Sodijan(m): 9:32am On Aug 04, 2017
It was due to d increase in d price of cement, last yr a 50 kg bag of cement was sold for #1600 but since Nov last yr till now 50kg bag of cement is #2700. Dis is clear evidence dat d cement factory revenue most also be increased .
Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by Xxpress(m): 9:39am On Aug 04, 2017
It means more revenue(tax) to the government also.
Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by Sammiel: 9:47am On Aug 04, 2017
We practise an unregulated capitalism where exploitation is the order of the day, coupled with an irresponsible government that lacks the will to fight for the interests of the citizenry. At the end of the day one man remains the richest in Africa while majority of his people remain poor because the little they had have been taken when they needed to build what they lacked. It is a pity!
Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by redsun(m): 9:59am On Aug 04, 2017
Because they are cartel that are dangerously manipulating the price of their products at the expense of the suffering consumers. Despite the fact that they blamed high dollar rate for high cost of cement this year, but with dollar down at the moment, cement prices still skyrockets on daily basis.

Why won't they make a kill in a wild west market that they rule?
Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 04, 2017
holatin:
Baba God no matter how hard it is for Nigerian, let it be EASY for me and dat human reading this

Selfish being so it is only human beings that can read

Why not spare a little prayer for the jinns also reading this. grin

1 Like

Re: Despite Recession, Cement Companies Report Over N570 Billion by holatin(m): 11:39am On Aug 04, 2017
alexistaiwo:

Selfish being so it is only human beings that can read

Why no spare a little prayer for the jinns also reading this. grin
if I slap you eeh, you will be menstruating from your navel.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Management, Directors Of Defunct Skye Bank Under Investigation, NDIC Insists / Nigeria Oil Output Near 1.8 Mln Bpd, Set To Sign Debt Deal -oil Min / Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.