Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,353 members, 7,819,255 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Catholic Priest Arrested In A Motel Where He Booked A 13 Year Old Girl For Sex - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priest Arrested In A Motel Where He Booked A 13 Year Old Girl For Sex (591 Views)

Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead / Philip Mulryne Ordained As A Catholic Priest (Photos) / Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Priest Arrested In A Motel Where He Booked A 13 Year Old Girl For Sex by glancenaija: 8:06pm On Aug 01, 2017
55-year-old Catholic priest has been arrested in the Philippines for allegedly booking a 13-year-old girl for sex through a love-vendor, police and church officials said on Tuesday.

A police report said Monsignor Lagarejos was arrested on Friday as he brought the girl to a motel in Manila’s suburban city of Marikina.

Police said it was allegedly the third time that the priest solicited the services of the girl, whose mother complained to police about the love-vendor, prompting an entrapment operation that led to the arrest.

Police have filed human trafficking charges against Lagarejos, who remains in detention.

The Diocese of Antipolo, which has jurisdiction over Lagarejos, vowed to cooperate with authorities in the investigation, “even as his guilt remains to be proved and the precepts of the constitution grant him the presumption of innocence.”

The Diocese said in a statement that it has taken every step to hold him answerable for the charges brought against him both before the Republic and before the Church.

The Diocese said Lagarejos has been relieved of his pastoral assignments and barred from having contact with the public except his lawyer, other priests and church authorities.

Retired Archbishop Oscar Cruz, who has been assigned to investigate the case against Lagarejos, said it would take about a year.

http://glancenaija.com/2017/08/01/catholic-priest-arrested-motel-booked-13-year-old-girl-sex/

Re: Catholic Priest Arrested In A Motel Where He Booked A 13 Year Old Girl For Sex by AnaCheks(m): 8:15pm On Aug 01, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Catholic Priest Arrested In A Motel Where He Booked A 13 Year Old Girl For Sex by zionmade1: 8:28pm On Aug 01, 2017
where are all those "thank God i am a catholic" crew. I thought catholic priests dont also commit abominations such as this
Re: Catholic Priest Arrested In A Motel Where He Booked A 13 Year Old Girl For Sex by Requiem18(m): 8:48pm On Aug 01, 2017
He doesn't like dusty old puss puss I guess
Re: Catholic Priest Arrested In A Motel Where He Booked A 13 Year Old Girl For Sex by glancenaija: 8:54pm On Aug 01, 2017
zionmade1:
where are all those "thank God i am a catholic" crew. I thought catholic priests dont also commit abominations such as this
My dear, i believe the catholic priests crave sex more than pastors that atleast still have a wife at home

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Take On Tasha Cobbs Featuring Nikki Minaj / MFM Pastor Defines Death , Says Death Not End Of Man / Apostle Suleiman's Sisters And Wife Looking Good In A Picture Together(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.