Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,390 members, 7,954,567 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:39 PM

Please Help;what Are The Duties Expected Of A Best Man In A Wedding Ceremony - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Please Help;what Are The Duties Expected Of A Best Man In A Wedding Ceremony (680 Views)

Lady Serves As Best Man At A Wedding Ceremony In Bayelsa State. Photos / Female 'Best Man' Steals The Show At Her Brother's Wedding In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Best Man Dozing Off At A Wedding Ceremony In Church (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help;what Are The Duties Expected Of A Best Man In A Wedding Ceremony by manny4u(m): 1:16am On Aug 02, 2017
I would be the best man at a friend's wedding which would be coming up in the next 2 to 3 days, I am an introverted person and I've avoided this kind of events like a plague (the last time I attended a wedding was when I was 12yo and my elder brother's wedding 3years back which I was not actively involved in). But I can't just turn this guy down cos we've been friends for more than 12 years now. So I am a complete novice and won't mind some tips on what is expected of me on Saturday.
Re: Please Help;what Are The Duties Expected Of A Best Man In A Wedding Ceremony by Nobody: 3:04am On Aug 02, 2017
grin
Re: Please Help;what Are The Duties Expected Of A Best Man In A Wedding Ceremony by majamajic(m): 3:59am On Aug 02, 2017
1, Buy 2 white hankies . Be cleaning the groom's face even when he is not sweating

2, U will be the one holding the ring. So no matter how u drink during the bachelor's night , demand for the ring before leaving the house/ hotel for church service. If possible put it in your own suit a day before the wedding (your most important job)

3, Be ready to dance, if u are shy person take some liquor .

4, U will do some messenger job (the groom will be sending u massage by whispering to u)

5, Due to bad belle people, help him during presentation of gifts. (Receive the gifts and do the handshakes )

6, The chief bride's maid is your wife. So try be close to her. In fact demand for the chief bride's maid as u arrive a day or 2 days before the wedding. The earlier the better cos if u try do this after wedding u are a loser. Cos they are the most valuable player during wedding ceremonies. So to get the best result 'hit' her the night before the wedding (during or after night party). Don't worry she is expecting u to act. grin

Good luck and thank me later

1 Like

Re: Please Help;what Are The Duties Expected Of A Best Man In A Wedding Ceremony by manny4u(m): 7:58am On Aug 02, 2017
majamajic:
1, Buy 2 white hankies . Be cleaning the groom's face even when he is not sweating

2, U will be the one holding the ring. So no matter how u drink during the bachelor's night , demand for the ring before leaving the house/ hotel for church service. If possible put it in your own suit a day before the wedding (your most important job)

3, Be ready to dance, if u are shy person take some liquor .

4, U will do some messenger job (the groom will be sending u massage by whispering to u)

5, Due to bad belle people, help him during presentation of gifts. (Receive the gifts and do the handshakes )

6, The chief bride's maid is your wife. So try be close to her. In fact demand for the chief bride's maid as u arrive a day or 2 days before the wedding. The earlier the better cos if u try do this after wedding u are a loser. Cos they are the most valuable player during wedding ceremonies. So to get the best result 'hit' her the night before the wedding (during or after night party). Don't worry she is expecting u to act. grin

Good luck and thank me later

Thanks so much my brother, you just save a brother of embarrassment.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Rent Chair Over And Table Over In Akure / Happybirthday To All Sept3 Peeps (drop Ur Pics) / Pre-wedding Pix Of A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.