Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,727 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:15 AM

Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months (33444 Views)

Kudirat Ogunro: I Want My Husband To Have Side Chicks / Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Returns From India After Suffering Partial Stroke / Kudirat Ajimat Is Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by segun400: 3:02am On Aug 02, 2017
Veteran Yoruba Actress, Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi otherwise known as Iyabo Oko has just revealed that she has been seriously ill with a strange ailment which has since been diagnosed to be Stroke since June 2016.

In a recent interview with City People, the veteran actress narrates her ordeal saying, 'I thank God almighty for sparing my life till this moment. The devil tried his best but God showed him that He is truly Alfa and Omega. What happened was that, that very day, after I woke up from my sleep very early in the morning and I attempted to talk, I just found out that I couldn’t talk any longer and I was told it was a partial stroke. I was taken to a hospital and I was treated, the doctors really tried their best. The hospital is called 68 Military Hospital, Yaba, Lagos'.

She continued to say, 'they tried their best but I couldn’t just talk for months but I still give glory to God that I can now talk properly. The funny thing is that, I was not paralyzed; my legs and hands were effective, just that I couldn’t talk. I first spent 2 weeks at the hospital and when I got home, it started again and I returned to the hospital. I visited the hospital like 3 times. Kemi Afolabi and Sikiratu Sindodo even saw me because she brought her grandma to the same hospital. Kemi was weeping when she saw me, she took good care of me and she also gave me money. She also said I shouldn’t drown myself in excessive thinking because many have suffered the same ailment and they are nowhere to be found today. After many trials at the hospital, I could still not talk, I was discharged and my son came back from abroad, he rushed me to UK and I spent like one month.'

'I was at home but doctors were coming to treat me. He employed a therapist and after a month, I started talking and my son finally took me to India where everything was perfected. I spent 7months in India receiving treatment at home. I give glory to God almighty that I am now okay. I do exercises frequently, I go out and I do all things, the only difference you will notice about me now is that I am not as agile as I used to be. I have lost a lot of weight and I love it like that because I now keep fit. I was so scared during those trying periods because there were several bad news coming from the industry. You hear different stories about Nollywood stars which were adding more to the illness I was already suffering from. But thank God, Jesus conquered for me'.

Source: http://www.flexygist.net/2017/08/02/i-have-been-battling-stroke-for-the-past-12-months-veteran-yoruba-actress-iyabo-oko-says-photo/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by ceemac: 3:28am On Aug 02, 2017
Get well soon

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by odiereke(m): 3:44am On Aug 02, 2017
It is well with you ma. The Lord is your strength.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by Tilda30(f): 5:05am On Aug 02, 2017
we wish u quick recovery

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by Beesluv: 5:07am On Aug 02, 2017
Thank God for life.
Iya never go sempe o, i love your movies

17 Likes

Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by ibkkk(f): 5:21am On Aug 02, 2017
Thanks to God.
Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by goldbim(f): 7:06am On Aug 02, 2017
Thank God for her life.very funny and jovial woman.she can yabb for africa grin one of yoruba movie natural twerkers..may God bless her son ..(amen).

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by Came: 7:13am On Aug 02, 2017
Make person get better pikin good oooo .... God will continue to bless that your pikin.... Thank God for your life.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by veekid(m): 7:51am On Aug 02, 2017
Lies; no reliable source
Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by NwaAmaikpe: 9:47am On Aug 02, 2017
shocked

What's my business..

That's the consequence of being fetish.
Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by dayleke: 9:47am On Aug 02, 2017
Thank baba God your life o.
Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 02, 2017
Holy ghost fire!!
Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by Lukmann1: 9:49am On Aug 02, 2017
India, the home of medicine issues

1 Like

Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by jakD: 9:49am On Aug 02, 2017
Yea. I thank God for your life. She is such a wonderful actress... Meanwhile please help us beg NEPA/PHCN/BEDC or any evil name they bear, they should give us light in Akoko, Ondo state if they don't want to spend their remaining lives in blindness and darkness... It's over 3 years already, yet no power supply. Maybe, we'll form our own country too as we're no more Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by fmlala: 9:50am On Aug 02, 2017
CONGRATS MADAM
Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by muller101(m): 9:50am On Aug 02, 2017
Op ur sauce be like egg and tomato
Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by Slai1: 9:51am On Aug 02, 2017
Jesus heals.
Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by Adebowale89(m): 9:51am On Aug 02, 2017
whenever I see her in any of these comedian films I know I go laff tire that day

the lord is your strength ma

7 Likes

Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by Dutchey(m): 9:51am On Aug 02, 2017
may God 4give op if na lie
Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by jeffizy(m): 9:52am On Aug 02, 2017
goldbim:
Thank God for her life.very funny and jovial woman.she can yabb for africa grin one of yoruba movie natural twerkers..may God bless her son ..(amen).
Real Natural Twerker! grin

12 Likes

Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by rossyc(f): 9:52am On Aug 02, 2017
Quick recovery Ma.
Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by 234GT(m): 9:54am On Aug 02, 2017
Professional actress par excellence.

2 Likes

Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by win2kwire: 9:54am On Aug 02, 2017
ibkkk:
Thanks to God.

God has nothing to do with it, mumu africans.

exercise, food, healthy living, lifestyle and general wellbeing are more powerful than your imaginary god

3 Likes

Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:55am On Aug 02, 2017
Thank God for life. It is well ma.
Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by Pinkblue(m): 9:56am On Aug 02, 2017
hushpupi come o
Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by Sikay19(m): 9:57am On Aug 02, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

What's my business..

Try to use to your brain... it is not hard to do.

5 Likes

Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by nikkypearl(f): 9:59am On Aug 02, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

What's my business..

sense fall on u like banana angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by veraponpo(m): 9:59am On Aug 02, 2017
win2kwire:

exercise, food, healthy living, lifestyle and general wellbeing are more powerful than your imaginary god

This is how many of you make fool of yourselves.

Haven't you seen people who are athletes who died on the pitch? Samuel Okwaraji died on the field playing for Nigeria, and we have seen more than 20 cases after that.

God is supreme and can never be removed from any matter. This does not remove the element of healthy living, good food, exercises, etc But never, ever remove God's factor from any issue.

10 Likes

Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by speezyWears: 10:00am On Aug 02, 2017
kai,

and i like this woman with her heavy endowments grin
Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by Iseoluwani: 10:01am On Aug 02, 2017
grin
win2kwire:

6 Likes

Re: Kudirat Odukanmi Eluyemi Battling Stroke For The Past 12 Months by win2kwire: 10:01am On Aug 02, 2017
veraponpo:

This is how many of you make fool of yourselves.

Haven't you seen
You don't have the mental intelligence and commonsense to know what you are saying, so I will treat you like m0nkey

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olamide & Timaya Show Their "Telli Person" Moves On Stage In Ibadan(pics) / Hailey Veronica Adeleke's 1st Birthday Party In Atlanta. Davido Carries Her / Tonto Dikeh Shares Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.