Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

My Car Gear Don't Select Easily What Could Be The Cause, And How Do I Solve It. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Gear Don't Select Easily What Could Be The Cause, And How Do I Solve It. (1162 Views)

Help - My Car Gear Won't Shift Until I Remove My Leg on Gas Pedal / Advice On Car Gear,urgent Pls / Automatic Car Gear System (2) (3) (4)

My Car Gear Don't Select Easily What Could Be The Cause, And How Do I Solve It. by idamokoemmanuel(m): 11:17am On Aug 02, 2017
My Toyota corolla 2007 Manuel, over two weeks now the Gear don't select easily, at times it makes huge noise before selecting, please what could be the cause and possible solution to it
Re: My Car Gear Don't Select Easily What Could Be The Cause, And How Do I Solve It. by MightyThor(m): 11:24am On Aug 02, 2017
Brake dey select again?

Abi you mean your gear?
Re: My Car Gear Don't Select Easily What Could Be The Cause, And How Do I Solve It. by mrtomola(m): 11:24am On Aug 02, 2017
Change the BrakePads ASAP...also change the brake Oil. But most important is the Brake Pads
Re: My Car Gear Don't Select Easily What Could Be The Cause, And How Do I Solve It. by idamokoemmanuel(m): 11:28am On Aug 02, 2017
is a mistake, thanks for your observation
MightyThor:
Brake dey select again?

Abi you mean your gear?
Re: My Car Gear Don't Select Easily What Could Be The Cause, And How Do I Solve It. by Patented: 11:31am On Aug 02, 2017
The Gear May be damaged already, or it may just be in need of servicing. servicing involves replacing the oil, clearing out sediments and iron filings and cleaning the multiple filters in the Gear system. there are magnets within the system that collect metal filings those, filings too wld be cleaned out.

so do a service and it should improve....unless there is permanent damage already.
Re: My Car Gear Don't Select Easily What Could Be The Cause, And How Do I Solve It. by idamokoemmanuel(m): 12:01pm On Aug 02, 2017
Patented:
The Gear May be damaged already, or it may just be in need of servicing. servicing involves replacing the oil, clearing out sediments and iron filings and cleaning the multiple filters in the Gear system. there are magnets within the system that collect metal filings those, filings too wld be cleaned out.

so do a service and it should improve....unless there is permanent damage already.
thanks for your information, if the gear is damaged, as you said what do i do
Re: My Car Gear Don't Select Easily What Could Be The Cause, And How Do I Solve It. by Patented: 2:23pm On Aug 02, 2017
well when i had such an issue i had to change the gear. My ,mechanic said some people may repair but that its likely to fail agian and that there are no guarantees that the repair wold be effective. so chances are you will need to change the gear if it is damaged.

idamokoemmanuel:
thanks for your information, if the gear is damaged, as you said what do i do
Re: My Car Gear Don't Select Easily What Could Be The Cause, And How Do I Solve It. by idamokoemmanuel(m): 7:34pm On Aug 02, 2017
Patented:
well when i had such an issue i had to change the gear. My ,mechanic said some people may repair but that its likely to fail agian and that there are no guarantees that the repair wold be effective. so chances are you will need to change the gear if it is damaged.

Ok, please do you have idea how much Toyota Corolla 2007 Gear will cost
Re: My Car Gear Don't Select Easily What Could Be The Cause, And How Do I Solve It. by mayor2013: 8:03pm On Aug 02, 2017
Patented:

You want to service a gearbox having metal shavings in it already? shocked
Re: My Car Gear Don't Select Easily What Could Be The Cause, And How Do I Solve It. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 02, 2017
mayor2013:

Can't you do it?
Re: My Car Gear Don't Select Easily What Could Be The Cause, And How Do I Solve It. by mayor2013: 9:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
NgcoboP:

Can't you do it?

Dangerous sir
Re: My Car Gear Don't Select Easily What Could Be The Cause, And How Do I Solve It. by Patented: 6:30am On Aug 03, 2017
mayor2013:

am not an expert and my opinion is based on personal experience and conversations with auto mobile technicians.

Now if you contrary advise orr knowledge do say,don't just put a smartiah question up that helps no one.

metal shavings are inevitable in gears with age, that's why e magnets are put in e system to collect them so they don't cause damage. that is what I HV been told and what I have read. if you wanna help out pls feel free to offer advise. just dropping a Q out there with a smiley amounts to throwing the spanner in the works of a failing engine and walking away. who e EPP?
Re: My Car Gear Don't Select Easily What Could Be The Cause, And How Do I Solve It. by Patented: 6:31am On Aug 03, 2017
idamokoemmanuel:
Ok, please do you have idea how much Toyota Corolla 2007 Gear will cost

unfortunately I don't ask your technician and seek a few other opinions.
Re: My Car Gear Don't Select Easily What Could Be The Cause, And How Do I Solve It. by Patented: 6:33am On Aug 03, 2017
mayor2013:

Dangerous sir

OK now I see that you have explained that it is dangerous, please explain further so OP and I may learn a thing or 2
Re: My Car Gear Don't Select Easily What Could Be The Cause, And How Do I Solve It. by mayor2013: 6:37am On Aug 03, 2017
Patented:

am not an expert and my opinion is based on personal experience and conversations with auto mobile technicians.

Now if you contrary advise orr knowledge do say,don't just put a smartiah question up that helps no one.

metal shavings are inevitable in gears with age, that's why e magnets are put in e system to collect them so they don't cause damage. that is what I HV been told and what I have read. if you wanna help out pls feel free to offer advise. just dropping a Q out there with a smiley amounts to throwing the spanner in the works of a failing engine and walking away. who e EPP?

No need for Grammer. I would personally not do it . Don't think everything the manufacturers says or you see on rides are truly correct. Those two magnets alone wouldn't pick all the metal shavings. You don't know what part it came from actually within. Writing from experience
Re: My Car Gear Don't Select Easily What Could Be The Cause, And How Do I Solve It. by Patented: 6:46am On Aug 03, 2017
mayor2013:

No need for Grammer. I would personally not do it . Don't think everything the manufacturers says or you see on rides are truly correct. Those two magnets alone wouldn't pick all the metal shavings. You don't know what part it came from actually within. Writing from experience

lol, can't help the grammar.

However experiences differ. I know a guy whose car had metal shavings yet he serviced the gear and used it for abt 2 more years before he sold it. did not have issues within the 2 year period.
Re: My Car Gear Don't Select Easily What Could Be The Cause, And How Do I Solve It. by mayor2013: 6:55am On Aug 03, 2017
Patented:

lol, can't help the grammar.

However experiences differ. I know a guy whose car had metal shavings yet he serviced the gear and used it for abt 2 more years before he sold it. did not have issues within the 2 year period.

Noted

Lexus Rx 350 2008 Model AFS Light On / Isle Of Man Police Get 170mph BAC Mono Cop Car To Chase Down Motorist / 1998 & 2001 Camry Which Is Better