Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,355 members, 7,954,442 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:01 PM

I Stopped Kwara Pension On My Own Volition, Says Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Stopped Kwara Pension On My Own Volition, Says Saraki (598 Views)

You’ve Brought Joy To Kwara, Pension Board Chair Tells Gov. Abdulrazaq / Atiku: I Don't Smoke, I Don't Drink, I Stopped Womanizing; I'm Romantic (Video) / FG Appeals, Says Saraki’s Acquittal Unreasonable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Stopped Kwara Pension On My Own Volition, Says Saraki by ridwanomooba: 1:29pm On Aug 02, 2017
I Stopped Kwara Pension on My Own Volition, Says Saraki

Contrary to reports that it was the agitations by certain groups that prompted Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, to stop the payment of his pension, the Special Adviser on Media & Publicity to the Senate President, Mr. Yusuph Olaniyonu, has clarified that on August 20th, 2015, Saraki wrote to the Kwara State Government to stop the payment of his pensions.

“As a responsive and responsible government official, the Senate President has always toed the moral and legal high-ground in all his actions. This is why since he left office as Kwara State Governor in 2011 — even before his directive that his pension payment be stopped on the 20th of August, 2015 — this pension was always used as a scholarship and education endowment fund from which first-class graduates and law school students have benefitted. The money has also been utilized for the purchase of JAMB and GCE forms for secondary school leavers seeking to further their education..

“Additionally, the decision to stop his pension was done entirely of his own volition two years ago. in fact, Dr. Saraki had at an interactive session with journalists in Ilorin early 2016, he mentioned the action he had taken on the pension. This is why the recent insinuations in the media attributing the Senate President’s actions to a July 14th, 2017 statement by some group, is another futile attempt to claim credit where there is none to be claimed.

“Moving forward, it is necessary that the Media is guided by the fact that irrespective of the payment of his pension or not, the Senate President will continue to work on empowering his constituents and the people in Kwara State, as he has always done, with or without any pension payment.

“At this point, it is important that the Media endeavors to be specific in their reporting and not ascribe needless justifications or commentaries to otherwise independent actions”, Olaniyonu stated.

END

Signed:

Yusuph Olaniyonu
Special Adviser (Media and Publicity) to Senate President
Re: I Stopped Kwara Pension On My Own Volition, Says Saraki by dipznano: 1:30pm On Aug 02, 2017
K
Re: I Stopped Kwara Pension On My Own Volition, Says Saraki by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 02, 2017
I keep asking has Buhari stopped receiving benefits as former military head of state?

Has Fashola, fayemi and amaechi stopped their pensions since becoming ministers ?

Before you crucify Saraki for doing the right thing 2years ago, check if there are people doing the wrong thing right now?
Re: I Stopped Kwara Pension On My Own Volition, Says Saraki by adeadeyera(m): 4:21pm On Aug 02, 2017
This nonsense will die a natural death because Saraki has cleared the air.
Sowore and his paid agents as well as their paymasters, are defeated on this one.
Stupid people
Re: I Stopped Kwara Pension On My Own Volition, Says Saraki by yarimo(m): 5:19pm On Aug 02, 2017
Believe this SARAKI'S claims You are on your own. grin
Re: I Stopped Kwara Pension On My Own Volition, Says Saraki by adeadeyera(m): 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2017
yarimo:
Believe this SARAKI'S claims You are on your own. grin

I'd rather believe him than your real paternity. Smello

1 Like

Re: I Stopped Kwara Pension On My Own Volition, Says Saraki by sevenhundred(m): 7:40pm On Aug 02, 2017
adeadeyera:

I'd rather believe him than your real paternity. Smello
Na fight or sorry, na war
Re: I Stopped Kwara Pension On My Own Volition, Says Saraki by adeadeyera(m): 8:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
sevenhundred:
Na fight or sorry, na war

None of the above, dude. Just that minions like this scallywag, who's paymasters are hellbent on smearing Saraki, no matter what positivity he brings towards nation building, need to be put where they belong. In the gutter.

(1) (Reply)

Resignation: President Has Not Violated The Law – Senate / It's Not Compulsory For Buhari To Rule From Nigeria / How Rats Damaged Buhari's Office, And Forced Him To Work From Home' - Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.