Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide (27652 Views)

Caption This Picture Of PHCN staff Working With A Generator Set. / 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts / A Nigerian invents a generator that uses water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by tomholly: 5:10pm On Aug 02, 2017
noted
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by rezzy: 5:11pm On Aug 02, 2017
Reading comment
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by peeps4u: 5:15pm On Aug 02, 2017
femi4:
I use solar, can't stand the noise from generator

I've been wanting to know how powerful this solar is. Could you please tell what appliances are powered by your solar and for how long?
Can it be installed in rented house sha
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by gabe: 5:23pm On Aug 02, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I don't use generators in any of my houses but I have constant power supply.

Luckily for me my house in the town is near a telecom mast,

And the one in the village is next to a bank.
All I did, was to get a good electrician and asked him to explain the phrase 'tapping current'

SMART!
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by ifnyioj22(m): 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
sobmos:
If you need to buy Generator, please buy only Thermocool. Been using it for almost two years now, did servicing just once in 2 years. Still working perfectly... smiley
story!!

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by hucienda: 5:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
Nice one, OP.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by Hayah: 6:03pm On Aug 02, 2017
peeps4u:

I've been wanting to know how powerful this solar is. Could you please tell what appliances are powered by your solar and for how long?
Can it be installed in rented house sha

That is the challenge of solar power for an ordinary Nigerian,

How many landlords will accept the installation of solar panels on their rooftops? Or in their compounds?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by pointstores(m): 6:09pm On Aug 02, 2017
solar solutions and repair
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by ndcide(m): 6:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
Jaytecq:
anyone you are buying, just make sure its a cooper coil. Ces't fini

How would you know it's not a copper coil and what if it's not a copper coil.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by ndcide(m): 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
Jaytecq:
anyone you are buying, just make sure its a cooper coil. Ces't fini

I'm thinking of buying one. .. Say 3kv. These sellers just dey tell be buy power value, lutian, elepaq.. They got me confused. Funny all of them are all China. While I was thinking of getting made in Japan.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by ndcide(m): 6:45pm On Aug 02, 2017
ifnyioj22:
story!!
What's the capacity of that citizen generator and the cost. I wana buy.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by georgee(m): 6:45pm On Aug 02, 2017
ndcide:

I'm thinking of buying one. .. Say 3kv. These sellers just dey tell be buy power value, lutian, elepaq.. They got me confused. Funny all of them are all China. While I was thinking of getting made in Japan.
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by EFGH: 6:46pm On Aug 02, 2017
K
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by ndcide(m): 6:47pm On Aug 02, 2017
klarry79:

but still noisy and pollutes the atmosphere. Switch to civilization where we use solar and inverter. you will discover a new peace of mind
Gen is more reliable than all the solar I've seen.

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by udumosam23(m): 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I don't use generators in any of my houses but I have constant power supply.

Luckily for me my house in the town is near a telecom mast,

And the one in the village is next to a bank.
All I did, was to get a good electrician and asked him to explain the phrase 'tapping current'

If that can be done without a cable, then I need to see that electrician. I practically share same wall with mtn mast.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by TeetoEsq(m): 8:33pm On Aug 02, 2017
femi4:
I use solar, can't stand the noise from generator
see class... Before solar what were u using? Abeg shift make i faint

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by obstead200(m): 12:48am On Aug 03, 2017
sobmos:
If you need to buy Generator, please buy only Thermocool. Been using it for almost two years now, did servicing just once in 2 years. Still working perfectly... smiley
spot on bro.
Been using my thermocool generator for 5yrs now. Very strong and reliable

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by Tsmart1(m): 2:48am On Aug 03, 2017
NEED CHEAP USED UK LAPTOPS CALL ME 09095620116NEED CHEAP USED UK LAPTOPS CALL ME 09095620116NEED CHEAP USED UK LAPTOPS CALL ME 09095620116
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by bulbutcher(m): 6:29am On Aug 03, 2017
CAN i use mobil 1 synthetic oil on my generator
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by Jaytecq(m): 5:07pm On Aug 03, 2017
ndcide:

when u want to buy, locate the Coil side, use a small knife to scratch one of the coil inside, if it pills, its Aluminium coil. Run
better still go with a good Generator engineer
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by Jaytecq(m): 5:08pm On Aug 03, 2017
ndcide:

when u want to buy, locate the Coil side, use a small knife to scratch one of the coil inside, if it pills, its Aluminium coil. Run
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by ndcide(m): 5:59pm On Aug 03, 2017
Jaytecq:

I remember doing this stuff in a generator part store, all of them had the copper coating out when scratched. Made me feel 99%of all these China generators are all aluminum.

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by Hayah: 10:03am On Aug 04, 2017
ndcide:

I remember doing this stuff in a generator part store, all of them had the copper coating out when scratched. Made me feel 99%of all these China generators are all aluminum.
Soq,

Seriously speaking, how many sellers will allow a buyer come in with a knife to start scratching the coils of all the generators in the shop in order to verify its originality
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by ndcide(m): 10:37am On Aug 04, 2017
Hayah:

Soq,

Seriously speaking, how many sellers will allow a buyer come in with a knife to start scratching the coils of all the generators in the shop in order to verify its originality

Non.

In my case, I asked him to do it to convince me after payment.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by Hayah: 10:55am On Aug 04, 2017
ndcide:

Non.

In my case, I asked him to do it to convince me after payment.

Okay then
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by djbasket(m): 7:58am On Aug 23, 2017
@ encrypted pls reply my mail
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by EricaRonnie16: 1:38pm On Nov 16, 2017
Everything depends on you what did you say sort of Generator you get, in me opinion. I would move suddenly and quickly for a convenient gas gen or a diesel Gen.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by rezzy: 4:27am On Nov 24, 2017
sobmos:

What's the model?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by sobmos(m): 6:34am On Nov 24, 2017
rezzy:

What's the model?
hustler max 3800es
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by rezzy: 5:05pm On Nov 24, 2017
sobmos:
hustler max 3800es

OK, thanks
I priced Bobo2500M, it's 85k.i ran away because of the price. I guess this one is more expensive.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by sobmos(m): 6:15pm On Nov 24, 2017
rezzy:

OK, thanks
I priced Bobo2500M, it's 85k.i ran away because of the price. I guess this one is more expensive.

yes it’s more expensive and bigger than bobo . But it’s worth every kobo.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide by armyofone(m): 4:53pm On Nov 25, 2017
Please what is the exact amount ?

sobmos:
hustler max 3800es

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria / How Many Faces Did You See / Seun - Seun Osewa, Nairaland Forum Website Administrator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.