Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy (21917 Views)

The Official Peugeot 504 Of Olusegun Obasanjo In 1979 As Head Of State (Photo) / Ogun Governor, Abiodun Under Fire For Underrating Obasanjo Before Buhari / Nigeria Has Become Africa's Money-losing Machine - Forbes Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 04, 2017
So because he's Yoruba, Lagos will be the third largest in africa. How about making the entire Nigerian economy the third largest in the world? Let's pack everything and put in Lagos so that tomorrow when Lagos breaks out to form her own country, Nigeria will be back to square one.

2 Likes

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by vaca1: 11:01am On Aug 04, 2017
Ehiscotch:

It beats how biafrans would flood Nairaland with comic pictures of Tinubu trying to mock him and the yoruba race when the said Lagos is thriving better than their whole region.

I still don't get it.
Tinibu is a srug lord.deal with it. you are worshipping tinubu and you are condemning others. iranu
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by 0b100100111: 11:01am On Aug 04, 2017
seunmsg:

Underneath the mockery is unadulterated jealousy. They mock and condemn everything they wish they had.

You said it all...

Take a tour to there region and you will be amused how they happen to still condemn even the North-East in terms of development and human resource.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by Shroud: 11:02am On Aug 04, 2017
Ehiscotch:

It beats how biafrans would flood Nairaland with comic pictures of Tinubu trying to mock him and the yoruba race when the said Lagos is thriving better than their whole region.

I still don't get it.
Omo , na you done dey bring Biafra come this simple matter o. Because you carry inferiority complex like badge.

Make I ask you , who dash Omo oduduwa Lagos? If na una develop Lagos why una no fit replicate am in the other 5 Yoruba states?

Lagos like LA, New York, London, Johannesburg, MIAMI will always be 100 % cosmopolitan cities .

We wish Portharcourt, Kaduna, Enugu, Calabar will arrive at same status as Lagos and create multilevel economic mini hubs in Nigeria.

People always hiding their failures in tribal bigotry!

3 Likes

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by vaca1: 11:04am On Aug 04, 2017
Favybloom:
So because he's Yoruba, Lagos will be the third largest in africa. How about making the entire Nigerian economy the third largest in the world? Let's pack everything and put in Lagos so that tomorrow when Lagos breaks out to form her own country, Nigeria will be back to square one.
I know this comment from will be overlooked. But it has a very deep message attached to it. This.is to tell some people to shine your eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by vaca1: 11:05am On Aug 04, 2017
Shroud:
Omo , na you done dey bring Biafra come this simple matter o. Because you carry inferiority complex like badge.

Make I ask you , who dash Omo oduduwa Lagos? If na una develop Lagos why una no fit replicate am in the other 5 Yoruba states?

Lagos like LA, New York, London, Johannesburg, MIAMI will always be 100 % cosmopolitan cities .

We wish Portharcourt, Kaduna, Enugu, Calabar with arrive at same status as Lagos and creates multilevel economic mini hubs in Nigeria.

beautiful. very cunny people.

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by vaca1: 11:15am On Aug 04, 2017
0b100100111:

You said it all...

Take a tour to there region and you will be amused how they happen to still condemn even the North-East in terms of development and human resource.
you are indirectly telling other tribes to go back home after developing lagos. And to make you happy, its gradually happening. Even people that are not from lagos are talking. The real lagosians are very accomodating not these attaches by force claiming lagosians and that is why we don't give a hoot about your opinion. The real lagosians don't like to associate with you guys cos you don't think alike.

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by Trexnemesis(m): 11:17am On Aug 04, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
This man is a phool

No, your father who you resemble and didn't train you well, is the fool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by holland002(m): 11:17am On Aug 04, 2017
Lagos is the fifth largest economy in Africa but I don't know why Lagos is poorly rated compared to Johannesburg, Capetown and even Cairo...someone should please enlighten me on this.??
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by toggy: 11:18am On Aug 04, 2017
Who is reading their books. What are they even writing. Leaders with corrupt motives.
"Do what I say, don't do what i do" should be the next title of your book.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by tunary(m): 11:22am On Aug 04, 2017
This one OBJ is talking about death every time, it looks like he will die very soon

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by Basic123: 11:28am On Aug 04, 2017
Shroud:

We wish Portharcourt, Kaduna, Enugu, Calabar with arrive at same status as Lagos and creates multilevel economic mini hubs in Nigeria.

we are waiting for that day.

That day,we will gladly declare enugu as a no man's land.

Also,Also,the fact that LA,NY,London,Jbourg are cosmopolitan doesn't rule out the fact that itd owned by american,britons!.

Lagos is yoruba's no mans land.Weither you like it or not.

You are free to create one somewhere else too.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by redsun(m): 11:32am On Aug 04, 2017
holland002:
Lagos is the fifth largest economy in Africa but I don't know why Lagos is poorly rated compared to Johannesburg, Capetown and even Cairo...someone should please enlighten me on this.??

Because even with its so called economy on the rise,its infrastructures and majority of its inhabitants are still in the dark age.

The growth of an economy is inevitable as long as there are mouths to feed,structures to build,lives to save,streets to pave/clean,and so on and so forth.

2 Likes

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by luluman: 11:32am On Aug 04, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
This man is a phool
Why the insult, are you well at all?

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by hayjay1986: 11:34am On Aug 04, 2017
Baba,leave Lagos alone and make your state work,if Bola Hamed Tinubu have been selfish as u were during his tenure, u wouldn't av deem it fit of liasing with the good work of Lagos today....Baba,I think is high time you explain to Nigerians why you sold the only national airline in Nigeria to your ally,Nigerians also want to know how you acquire your farm in Ota (which was formally set up to feed the whole nations),we also want to know one good thing you have contributed both to Lagos and Ogun state.I think is high time you apologise to the westerners and stop claiming the good work of those that has vision.God bless Nigeria,God bless Lagos state,God bless Asiwaju and his entire generation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by Godfullsam(m): 11:36am On Aug 04, 2017
SenatorM:
This Iidiot claiming Lagos is manageable today because of the Yoruba race or Tinubu.

Everybody knows non indigenes made Lagos what it is. When the only seaport existing in this so called country is Located in Lagos.Other seaport in the South are in shambles.

Why is it that other Sw States are Useless.

Who told you that other SW states are useless?

I guess lagos is the only southwest state you have visited or lived.
Close your shop and take a trip to Ogun, Ibadan and Akure. What you will see will cure your ignorance.

Even Ekiti that is the youngest state in the SW is striving fast compared to zamfara, Jigawa, Ebonyi and Bayelsa that were created the same time.

Dont just sit in your shop to showcase your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by luluman: 11:36am On Aug 04, 2017
Ehiscotch:

I still don't get it.
Funny thing is : they waste time claiming what they'll never get in Lagos instead of going home to develop their land.

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by teebaxy(m): 11:36am On Aug 04, 2017
Basic123:
The same lagos you starved of funds for 7years while in power.Thanks for Tinubu doggedness!

Also,Mention one contribution your government made to lagos so as to achieve that!

AGAIN,GOD WILL BLESS TINUBU!
His haters will die young.
but that prayer is too late na* according to u his no 1 hater is obj and he is way older dan ur great grand pa as at now

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by Ugosample(m): 11:55am On Aug 04, 2017
Ehiscotch:

I still don't get it.

You have started again undecided
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by rusher14: 11:57am On Aug 04, 2017
crestedaguiyi:
Nigeria was the largest in Africa under Jonathan before you and your band of zombies brought him down and ruined the economy

Read carefully.

He said Lagos not Nigeria.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by rusher14: 11:59am On Aug 04, 2017
hayjay1986:
Baba,leave Lagos alone and make your state work,if Bola Hamed Tinubu have been selfish as u were during his tenure, u wouldn't av deem it fit of liasing with the good work of Lagos today....Baba,I think is high time you explain to Nigerians why you sold the only national airline in Nigeria to your ally,Nigerians also want to know how you acquire your farm in Ota (which was formally set up to feed the whole nations),we also want to know one good thing you have contributed both to Lagos and Ogun state.I think is high time you apologise to the westerners and stop claiming the good work of those that has vision.God bless Nigeria,God bless Lagos state,God bless Asiwaju and his entire generation.

Wetin e dey sell for shop?
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by Nword22: 12:10pm On Aug 04, 2017
Ehiscotch:

I still don't get it.

Who dassss this little mongrel data.

Mehn your opinion does not count because you are just a tenant living in face me I face you house in Lagos frustrated at Igbo dominance.

Come over to the street name after me in Lagos and say this trash and watch how my Yoriba boys will use eske powder to rub your wound.

Anumanu!!.

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by Beedude(m): 12:16pm On Aug 04, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

All the active Seaports in Lagos belongs to the federal government.

The one Lagos State is building for over 5 yearsat Akodo, got the approval of the federal government.

The coastal area and seashores are controlled by the federal government.

Lagos to Nigeria is like Dubai to uae . So many tourist both local and international . Center of commerce and business. No matter how other states work they will still be second to Lagos. Its never a crime to be second. Lagos already has BRT , planning to have metro trains, stadiums, hospitals , well recognise university, international airport , national theatre and so on. Am not a native of lag. But i must accept the fact that lagos will be a model of development for other s/w states .
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by uglyafonja: 12:25pm On Aug 04, 2017
Godfullsam:

Who told you that other SW states are useless?

I guess lagos is the only southwest state you have visited or lived.
Close your shop and take a trip to Ogun, Ibadan and Akure. What you will see will cure your ignorance.

Even Ekiti that is the youngest state in the SW is striving fast compared to zamfara, Jigawa, Ebonyi and Bayelsa that were created the same time.

Dont just sit in your shop to showcase your ignorance.

keep quiet , this is a thread of comparism between ogun state and ebony state infrastructural development...

Ebony state is infrastructurally more developed than the whole of SW minus Lagos....
the thread below can help you

https://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://www.nairaland.com/3890621/comparing-developmental-projects-ogun-state/2&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjPs6Gqu73VAhVCtRoKHaBRCEoQFggiMAA&usg=AFQjCNFK54bLXUhSZSJZfo23U9DKIf6bjw

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by juman(m): 12:30pm On Aug 04, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

All the active Seaports in Lagos belongs to the federal government.

The one Lagos State is building for over 5 yearsat Akodo, got the approval of the federal government.

The coastal area and seashores are controlled by the federal government.

I know.
Getting approval is easy.

The only way sea port can be in that state is through the state government collaboration with the investors.

The Federal government would never build such thing. The kind of so called leaders.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by zoedew: 12:36pm On Aug 04, 2017
nwakibie3:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/die-lagos-must-become-third-largest-economy-africa-obasanjo/amp/

He lacks the moral basis to say this -
1. As President he withheld the fiscal allocation due LAGOS State.
2. As President he left the Lagos-Sango-Otta Road in a pitiable state. Sango-Otta is a major industrial hub abutting Lagos State.
3. As President for 8 years he left Lagos-Ibadan Expressway in a parlous state. That road is key to the economic wellness of Nigeria and indeed Lagos.
Obasanjo is a contradiction in terms.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by Shroud: 12:45pm On Aug 04, 2017
Basic123:
we are waiting for that day.

That day,we will gladly declare enugu as a no man's land.

Also,Also,the fact that LA,NY,London,Jbourg are cosmopolitan doesn't rule out the fact that itd owned by american,britons!.

Lagos is yoruba's no mans land.Weither you like it or not.

You are free to create one somewhere else too.

At the bolded: Americans and/or Britons are synonymous with Nigerians not Yoruba.

All commercial hub cities, headquarter-cities have a price to pay for its riches: they lose their identity to an extent.

Ask the British about London. We pray not just Enugu, but all potential hub cities in Nigeria grow like lagos.

Nigeria will be better for it.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by koning: 12:50pm On Aug 04, 2017
seunmsg:

Underneath the mockery is unadulterated jealousy. They mock and condemn everything they wish they had.

This is a very stoopid and uninformed comment. Do you know the status of Lagos in Nigeria?. Why would any Nigerian be jealous of Lagos?. We are talking of Lagos here, not Ogbomosho or Ibadan. We cannot be jealous of a city owned by all of us. We all, Igbo, Hausa, Edo, Waffi, Calabar etc own Lagos.

Lagos is NOT a Yoruba city or state. You simply have proximity and affinity more than other tribes. The status of Lagos will be clear to you the day any tribal Governor starts any anti Nigerian move there. How many Yoruba's own property at Banana Island?.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by juman(m): 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2017
The useless old man that could not build even one project in Lagos in eight years.

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by afbstrategies: 1:12pm On Aug 04, 2017
nwakibie3:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/die-lagos-must-become-third-largest-economy-africa-obasanjo/amp/

Breaking News!!!
Lagos is now the third largest economy in Africa.

Oya, Obasanjo. Go hug the nearest transformer cheesy
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy by klemmy(m): 1:26pm On Aug 04, 2017
Aremu matthew grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Customs Advertise Sale Of 2 Aircraft, 1 Helicopter / My Husband Is Not A Thief And Would Never Steal If Elected - Hajia Titi Abubakar / "You Lack Knowledge Of Security Matters" - DSS Carpets Osita Chidoka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.