Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,571 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest (15546 Views)

Students Wear Ankara As School Uniforms In Anambra - Twitter User Claims / John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) / Student Of Nwafor Orizu College Nsugbe Shot Dead By Cultist (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by Okoyiboz3: 9:59am On Aug 03, 2017
In the East, you have very brilliant students at the secondary school level but terrible illiterates at completion of tertiary education. I don't know why that is the case, but it's a recurring occurrence.
Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by funnynation(m): 9:59am On Aug 03, 2017
Why girls come plenty pass nah? Abi na girls college
Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by agbonkamen(f): 10:00am On Aug 03, 2017
9jakohai:

The Lord Bless you.
God bless you too

1 Like

Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 03, 2017
BabaRamotu1988:
[s][/s]
gbegiri drinking causes ignorance so I'll advise you to stop drinking gbegiri and also stop smoking ewedu so that you'll be alright

NOCEN has for long dumped NCE they're now offering full BEd under UNN and will be soon turn to university of education
so next time don't drink the below image before commenting

Ewedu comes from this plant Corchorus

Corchorus leaves are consumed in the cuisines of various countries. Corchorus olitorius is used mainly in the cuisines of southern Asia, the Middle East, North Africa and West Africa, Corchorus capsularis in Japan and China. It has a mucilaginous (somewhat "slimy"wink texture, similar to okra, when cooked. The seeds are used as a flavouring, and a herbal tea is made from the dried leaves. The leaves of Corchorus are rich in betacarotene, iron, calcium, and vitamin C. The plant has an antioxidant activity with a significant α-tocopherol equivalent vitamin E

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corchorus

2 Likes

Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by BabaRamotu1988: 10:03am On Aug 03, 2017
9jakohai:

Ewedu comes from this plant Corchorus

Corchorus leaves are consumed in the cuisines of various countries. Corchorus olitorius is used mainly in the cuisines of southern Asia, the Middle East, North Africa and West Africa, Corchorus capsularis in Japan and China. It has a mucilaginous (somewhat "slimy"wink texture, similar to okra, when cooked. The seeds are used as a flavouring, and a herbal tea is made from the dried leaves. The leaves of Corchorus are rich in betacarotene, iron, calcium, and vitamin C. The plant has an antioxidant activity with a significant α-tocopherol equivalent vitamin E

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corchorus
but you guys abuse it

do you know that weed is good also but people do abuse it

1 Like

Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by yim(f): 10:03am On Aug 03, 2017
9jakohai:
That's cheap.

IN other words...they are paying $360 per session as fees.

No wonder the school does not have facilites.

Meanwhile, our educaiton budget needs N5 trillion and above FOR TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS to make things better. This year, we were not able to muster up to N1 trillion...AND most of that cash is going to the primary and secondary schools that need it more.

Sorry Nigerians....but if you want quality educaiton...we have to pay for it. Govt has not been able to pay for it since 2009...and 2013..when ASUU was told there was no extra/spare cash for tertiary schools.

As.much as I agree that what we pay as school fees is cheap but there are not corresponding facilities to aid people to study if the fees are hiked. Poverty level is high and many people are relying on these institutions.
So if there facilities such as students loans and the likes, people won't mind paying as long as the standard is there
Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by micskales(m): 10:04am On Aug 03, 2017
BabaRamotu1988:

gbegiri drinking causes ignorance so I'll advise you to stop drinking gbegiri and also stop smoking ewedu so that you'll be alright

NOCEN has for long dumped NCE they're now offering full BEd under UNN and will be soon turn to university of education
[s]so next time don't drink the below image before commenting[/s]
who is this rascal to be quoting who?, so you're telling me a college of education dumped NCE program?,, my brother/sister you need spiritual cleansing.

2 Likes

Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by cryptogene: 10:05am On Aug 03, 2017
CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by kannyluv(f): 10:05am On Aug 03, 2017
micskales:
130k for NCE, Only From the potor republic
.. not only NCE mainly is for degree students..... everything there is money..final year students are paying 100 for clearance form now
Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by gabe: 10:05am On Aug 03, 2017
What annoys me about education in the east is how brilliant the students are at secondary school level as attested by the very high WAEC scores in SE schools and how horrible the tetiary education system is in the SE. The most greedy lecturers and administrators in Nigeria are in SE public universities, polys and COEs and they are always ready to sacrifice the quality of education they offer the students for cash.
Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by BabaRamotu1988: 10:06am On Aug 03, 2017
[s]
micskales:
who is this rascal to be quoting who?, so you're telling me a college of education dumped NCE program?,, my brother/sister you need spiritual cleansing.
[/s]
what's this gbegiri eating urchin saying

NCE is currently and gradually going into extinction in Nigeria many College of education now offers BEd as their main programme

get that into your ewedu stuffed conehead
kiss the truth

4 Likes

Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by donbrowser(m): 10:08am On Aug 03, 2017
9jakohai:
That's cheap.

IN other words...they are paying $360 per session as fees.

No wonder the school does not have facilites.

Meanwhile, our educaiton budget needs N5 trillion and above FOR TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS to make things better. This year, we were not able to muster up to N1 trillion...AND most of that cash is going to the primary and secondary schools that need it more.

Sorry Nigerians....but if you want quality educaiton...we have to pay for it. Govt has not been able to pay for it since 2009...and 2013..when ASUU was told there was no extra/spare cash for tertiary schools.

But there is extra cash for wardrobe allowance of all senators?
Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by Richy4(m): 10:17am On Aug 03, 2017
0b100100111:
Mushroom school!

Students looking like housemaids and factory workers

Haba!!!!!!
Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by Absoj(m): 10:19am On Aug 03, 2017
micskales:
Pls Ignore d childish retard. He seems to be everywhere on NL displaying his stupidity. I think its high time nairaland strictly review the status of people behind unreasonable posts. The forum needs good and productive minds to share views not childish ones
Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 03, 2017
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
Non indigenes in my school pay 150k and 180k and no one is protesting.
Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by Richy4(m): 10:22am On Aug 03, 2017
funnynation:
Why girls come plenty pass nah? Abi na girls college

Colleges of Education were more of ladies than gentlemen...
Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 03, 2017
donbrowser:

But there is extra cash for wardrobe allowance of all senators?

We need far more than that.

At least N1.5 trillion. Senators don't spend that much
Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by OmoOshodi(m): 10:26am On Aug 03, 2017
sorry
Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by Ivanlxi(m): 10:27am On Aug 03, 2017
I was there live

Funny is it when police started shooting
Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 03, 2017
yim:

As.much as I agree that what we pay as school fees is cheap but there are not corresponding facilities to aid people to study if the fees are hiked. Poverty level is high and many people are relying on these institutions.
So if there facilities such as students loans and the likes, people won't mind paying as long as the standard is there

Problem is....where is the money going to come for the facilties?

From the fees...

If it is to come from government, it means we need an extra N3 trillion in money just for Tertiary schools to raise the facilities standard. Govt does not have that money. Primary and Secondary schools need that money.

Sorry....but education is expensive. I wish with all my heart that I did not have to make the argument that I am making on this thread. But when educaiton was free...students were much fewer in number. Now...they are so many , and so many schools...and the cash isnt too much.
Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 03, 2017
BabaRamotu1988:

but you guys abuse it

do you know that weed is good also but people do abuse it

I am not Yoruba, and I ate Ewedu for the first and last time in 1995.

But it tasted good.

Weed is not good for smoking ....but has other uses.
Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by Ilajeboy(m): 10:31am On Aug 03, 2017
BabaRamotu1988:
[s][/s]

so next time don't drink the below image before commenting

With all due respect am Yoruba but dz soup is irritating I wonder hw people eat it

1 Like

Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by marooh: 10:35am On Aug 03, 2017
The school dey +ooo.
U waka go meet the sch.
Now u are complaining that the fee is high.

Even nigeria is high so?

Keep ur mouth shut and look for planB as well said by first commenter!

Beside the name mean nwafor Orizu (oka erizu beghe) ochoru ozo! grin
Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by funnynation(m): 10:36am On Aug 03, 2017
Richy4:

Colleges of Education were more of ladies than gentlemen...

Chai girls go cheap there ooo
Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by KhingLufem1(m): 10:40am On Aug 03, 2017
that is Nigeria pro
Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by bukola08(m): 10:42am On Aug 03, 2017
micskales:
130k for NCE, Only From the potor republic
why don't you think b4 saying things. It's state-owned it supposed to be high likewise other schools in other region
Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by Bitchiamjay(m): 10:45am On Aug 03, 2017
Just 130k. And they shouting >:
Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by LasGidiOwner: 10:59am On Aug 03, 2017
IK aka, onehead naaija, I don't know when you shall start reasoning like a normal humanbeing. How could you say that the State government is sabotaging something that will benefit it? Be very careful because the long arm of the cyber laws will catch up with you one day. To pick you up in Anambra is very easy. Be very careful about what you post online with your failed blogging because of your horrible and disastrous use of english language. Go and look for a job.

[s]
OneHead:
The students of Nwafor Orizu College of Education, Nsugbe in Anambra state, today stormed Awka to protest the exorbitant school fees and transport fares.
dent who spoke to Naaija.com said that they currently pay not less than N100,000 as school fees. NOCEN, a state owned tertiary institution which has a proposed bill on the floor of the National assembly for upgrade to a federal university of education sponsored by Dr Tony Nwoye. the member representing Anambra East and West Federal Constituency.
Reacting to the agitation, The media assistant to the governorship aspirant on the APC slate, Mazi Chidi Orjika said..
Gov Willie Obiano and his Apga government shouldn't have sabotaged the ongoing efforts by Dr Tony Nwoye to upgrade the Nwafor Orizu College of Education Nsugbe to federal University of education.
According to him, The upgrade of Nwafor Orizu College of Education Nsugbe to federal University of Education will help to reduce the school fees.
https://youtu.be/WVo7N8MBur
The media aide of the state governor had earlier released a statement notifying the public on the state government intention to upgrade the college to a state university of education
http://www.naaija.com/2017/08/nwafor-orizu-college-shut-awka-fees
[/s]

Re: We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest by stormborn28(m): 11:29am On Aug 03, 2017
nanizle:
130k is still relatively cheap. How much are they expecting? 50K??

130K is <$400 a year

tell me how many parents earn #100000 per month in Nigeria.....do u think have we up to 40% ....if we do, d poverty rate won't be high....so this call for wisdom when addressing cases like this

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

School Hostel Building Collapses In Numan, Adamawa. One Student Dies / University Of Ibadan International School Hijab Ban An Invitation To Chaos-MURIC / Auchi Poly Spat Semester Result Checker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.