Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,657 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family (40880 Views)

Ronke Oshodi-Oke Celebrates Her Daughter Jumoke’s 16th Birthday (photos) / Ronke Oshodi-Oke And Kunle Afod Meet Hafiz Agoro, The Tallest Man In Nigeria / Picture Of Ronke Oshodi-Oke And Friends Got Fans Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 03, 2017
pweetiedee:

Her name has given her away. you married a village woman.

Yes I know, thank you grin

Egun Mogaji aka Egun Anigilaje oko Afusatu Anike

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by buchilino(m): 9:49am On Aug 03, 2017
mercytripletz:
she is right.
Do the present day women still look like the 1865 AD women?
If the husband is the breadwinner, the woman cooks, washes, do so many things in the house.
But if the wife is the breadwinner, you expect her to still do everything in the house while the husband chills abi? All in the name of 'head of the house'?
No, kolework. He go help her work naani.

MODIFIED: All these people mentioning me negatively, please continue o. I am enjoying it.

UR OBVIOUSLY NOT READY FOR MARRIAGE

1 Like

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by AntiWailer: 9:49am On Aug 03, 2017
nnamdi7160:

Sense fall on you

Hardwork fall on you.

Dnt sit down and make a woman your ATM.
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 03, 2017
praise1705:
whether I become the breadwinner or not my duty to my man and family remains absolute

quote me and divorce fall on you

Well said.

May your marriage be fruitful and long.
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by robosky02(m): 9:51am On Aug 03, 2017
if you a the bread winner just allow him be "the bread eater"

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by demefa(m): 9:52am On Aug 03, 2017
BroadwayAfrica:
Famous thespian, Ronke Ojo-Gbolahan, popularly addressed as Oshodi-Oke in an exclusive interview with BroadwayTV weighed in on the cause of many celebrity marriages going down the hill. According to the talented actress, things can't work out if the responsibilities of a home lies heavily on one person. She stated that if she provides for the needs of the family or takes up the role of the breadwinner then there is no way she's cooking for any man.

Marriage, love, mistakes and are more in this explosive chat up with Ronke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xqFAxfhNO4
See ur milk factory breast with a ugly face

1 Like

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by abbeyty(m): 9:53am On Aug 03, 2017
Would these heavy load on her chest allow her cook better food. How much does she worth self ?

1 Like

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by Ladybluecash(f): 9:55am On Aug 03, 2017
celestialAgent:
Wife be the bread winner? God forbid!! I'd rather divorce and live a happy single life than loose my self esteem to a woman in the name of marriage.

Her opinion about cooking is meant for the immature minds. I can cook for my family even as the bread winner - I'm a good cook grin
ose i like men like u who knows their worth

1 Like

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by JuneOctober(f): 9:56am On Aug 03, 2017
lovelygurl:

Loool, seriously it's tiring. She got what she wanted though, attention from men who want to protect their non exsistent ego grin

See ehn, When a woman shoulders the responsibility of a man it's usually tiring for her especially for a long period of time. If the man doesn't have something doing, at least help your wife out domestically. When she goes to hustle for you and her, do what you can do at home. I also said the woman shouldn't sideline cooking entirely and leave it to the husband. When she's free too, she can cook too for them and that shouldn't bring insults to the man. If the couple understand each other properly, they'd handle this maturely. They should help one another peacefully till the man gets another job. Even in a scenario where the man and his wife are both working, some men still help their wives out. grin Anyhow sha even if I type from now till tomorrow, who want to cook will cook and he who doesn't want to cook will not cook.

;DTeaching him how to cook isn't bad too if he doesn't know how to.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by mercytripletz: 9:56am On Aug 03, 2017
buchilino:

UR OBVIOUSLY NOT READY FOR MARRIAGE

I think I must reply you.

Crude Africans should stop making it look like the only achievement for a woman is marriage. Spits.
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 03, 2017
JuneOctober:

See ehn, When a woman shoulders the responsibility of a man it's usually tiring for her especially for a long period of time. If the man doesn't have something doing, at least help your wife out domestically. When she goes to hustle for you and her, do what you can do at home. I also said the woman shouldn't sideline cooking entirely and leave it to the husband. When she's free too, she can cook too for them and that shouldn't bring insults to the man. If the couple understand each other properly, they'd handle this maturely. They should help one another peacefully till the man gets another job. Even in a scenario where the man and his wife are both working, some men still help their wives out. grin Anyhow sha even if I type from now till tomorrow, who want to cook will cook and he who doesn't want to cook will not cook.

;DTeaching him how to cook isn't bad too if he doesn't know how to.

Exactly! Especially since cooking is not even a talent. It's a skill, everybody either man or woman should be capable of doing.

If both are working from 9-5, it's only normal for them to share the domestic chores between each other. If it's only one of them working, it's only understandable that the other has to do the chores, either man or woman. It shouldn't be a big deal.

That's to me what marriage is about, being a partner to your err partner grin. It's not selfish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by buchilino(m): 10:03am On Aug 03, 2017
mercytripletz:

Crude Africans should stop making it look like the only achievement for a woman is marriage. Spits.

I GUESS D CREATOR OF MARRIAGE IS ALSO PART OF D CRUDE AFRICANS

2 Likes

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 03, 2017
mercytripletz:

I have told them so many times. That's what the use to scare you grin or maybe divorce grin

You don't have to reply them, it's a waste of time. Let them keep lying to themselves if it makes them feel better. We all know how it's going to go when it comes down to it. It's not like they can change your mind or scare you with "you sill never get married blablabla"
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by JuneOctober(f): 10:06am On Aug 03, 2017
lovelygurl:

Exactly! Especially since cooking is not even a talent. It's a skill, everybody either man or woman should he capable of doing.

If both are working from 9-5, it's only normal for them to share the domestic chores between each other. If it's only one of them working, it's only understandable that the other has to do the chores, either man or woman. It shouldn't be a big deal.

That's to me what marriage is about, being a partner to your err partner grin. It's not selfish

grin Abi oo.
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by mercytripletz: 10:06am On Aug 03, 2017
buchilino:

I GUESS D CREATOR OF MARRIAGE IS ALSO PART OF D CRUDE AFRICANS
It is like you don't even understand English. Okay bye. Don't mention me, I won't reply.
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by Chukazu: 10:07am On Aug 03, 2017
Nonsense!
I wonder. the likes of Ngozi Okonjo Iwuala, would now grind their Husband's manhood

1 Like

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by davillian(m): 10:13am On Aug 03, 2017
Don't allow him nack you since you re the bread winner.
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by mercytripletz: 10:13am On Aug 03, 2017
lovelygurl:

I have told them so many times. That's what the use to scare you grin or maybe divorce grin

You don't have to reply them, it's a waste of time. Let them keep lying to themselves if it makes them feel better. We all know how it's going to go when it comes down to it. It's not like they can change your mind or scare you with "you sill never get married blablabla"

Thank You dear. You re representing your moniker well.lol.
Seriously, it is not even scary. It is so annoying and crude. I just wonder why people are like this to women.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by Gudfrie(m): 10:17am On Aug 03, 2017
mercytripletz:
she is right.
Do the present day women still look like the 1865 AD women?
If the husband is the breadwinner, the woman cooks, washes, do so many things in the house.
But if the wife is the breadwinner, you expect her to still do everything in the house while the husband chills abi? All in the name of 'head of the house'?
No, kolework. He go help her work naani.

MODIFIED: All these people mentioning me negatively, please continue o. I am enjoying it.
Mind you.....it can only last for a while so behave yourself to your man
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by demobaba1(m): 10:18am On Aug 03, 2017
otabuko:
A goal keeper can't be a striker at the same time. I concur.
Hmmmn, ododo örö !!!
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by Steady259(m): 10:21am On Aug 03, 2017
Is cooking even a job, in my family I and my wife are such great cooks that you can never the difference btw our cooking. Anyone that is chanced does it since we r eating it together. I even help her most times to the the hard labour part, like the eba,semo,pounded yam and amala. And I am still the bread winner. So whats so wrong that if the woman is the bread winner, then she can no longer cook for her husband. She is only alowing another lady take over her home.
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by soberdrunk(m): 10:24am On Aug 03, 2017
pweetiedee:

Jobless man still dey get side chic? You see why she said she won't cook if she is the bread winner

Most men are useless.

You that I quoted, unto say u no get job, u still wan get side chic?

Lazy ass men all around. They cannuh hustle, and they will be crying that their gf left them for a richer guy.

mtchewww

Madam with that your 'upper Iweka wig', it seems you want me to spoil the rest of the year for you with my mouth? You better not start what you cannot finish! angry

2 Likes

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by YelloweWest: 10:24am On Aug 03, 2017
Fair enough.

If my hus is out of a job or can't work for any reason and I'm the bread winner, I'd expect to come home to a clean house and a hot plate of food.

No reasonable nan would complain.
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 03, 2017
mercytripletz:

Thank You dear. You re representing your moniker well.lol.
Seriously, it is not even scary. It is so annoying and crude. I just wonder why people are like this to women.

Because women allow it and it's a high time it stops
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by bjcole(m): 10:25am On Aug 03, 2017
Being a bread winner is just an avenue for God's blessing over a family, God can use anyone, be it the husband or the wife, though in African setting, a man as a bread winner carries more respect, and also cooking isnt just for women alone. There should be a mutual understanding, marriage is not a competition.

Check my signature for Clearance sales on 3D Wallpanels.
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by Raymysterio(m): 10:26am On Aug 03, 2017
*issorai*
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by ZeroUnity: 10:26am On Aug 03, 2017
No wonder is only a blind man who knows all these your attitudes that will settle with you and be leaking your toes......

I can swear with my morning diet that this woman doesn't know how to cook...

1 Like

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by YelloweWest: 10:27am On Aug 03, 2017
celestialAgent:
Wife be the bread winner? God forbid!! I'd rather divorce and live a happy single life than loose my self esteem to a woman in the name of marriage.

Her opinion about cooking is meant for the immature minds. I can cook for my family even as the bread winner - I'm a good cook grin
Hmmm never say never... this is life Bro. U never can tell...

Even if u have a good job at the time u marry? What if ur wife starts erring 10times more than u?
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by birdsview(m): 10:30am On Aug 03, 2017
grin
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by birdsview(m): 10:30am On Aug 03, 2017
For fuckks sake...She doesn't need to cook.she has enough milk in store to last the family a lifetime

2 Likes

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by celestialAgent(m): 10:32am On Aug 03, 2017
YelloweWest:

Hmmm never say never... this is life Bro. U never can tell...

Even if u have a good job at the time u marry? What if ur wife starts erring 10times more than u?
Earning 10 times more than me does not make her the bread winner. As long as what I earn is reasonable enough to takecare of her and my children, then am good and I can have my say in the house. She can spend her excess money however she likes but never as a boss of me in my own family.

Again, I say God forbid such for me!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Throwback PHOTO Of Linda Ikeji%laura Ikeji / Damilola Adegbite Celebrates Her 32nd Birthday With Sexy Photos / Tiwa Savage Introduces New Sexy Dance (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.